Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:03:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1357 times)
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 12:52:24 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

I think this issue will gradually be resolve as bounty managers are also aware that this really happening. I know most of them have already encountered a complaint from their bounty hunters where the social media acct of the latter is being used by a scammer. I'd like the idea of having this proof of authentication before joining or registering with the campaign so as to avoid such case like this.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:38:18 AM

it depends on the bounty manager if he/she want to prevent this cheating. a good bounty manager will require proof or any requirements to prove you are legit. but there are other campaigns that don't have this requirements as a result they can use your info in that campaign.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:50:41 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

That sucks, man. I experienced that one as well when I was just happily posting away, my friend who was also a participant in the same bounty campaign I participated on, found out that some people would copy your BTCT account name and copy their ERC address. The scam here is that you post, they receive your reward. We reported it immediately.

Annieluvyou

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:08:50 AM

Hi,

I'm also sick of people who done that thing. They just wanted to get an easy money without doing many effort.
I've always reporting that matter to the bounty manager when ever i found that kind of scammer.

izay

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:46:32 AM

I have experienced of being cheated by some impostors, uses my social media accounts to fill some forms. This is really disgusting. Cheaters are everywhere. This must be stop and must be reported if caught. Lets just be careful of filling up those we thought an airdrop form but in the end it just a form for them to steal our informations.
warcarft3

Activity: 415

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:29:28 AM

Bounty hunter I think this is not a good thing, at least for now. I have found that many bounty hunters are now struggling internally, and future hunters will disappear in the future. This is a career without a future. Only trading is the best way.

crypt0.r3negades
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:20:57 AM

This issue is the most instances to keep watch right now in the bounty campaign. But it is a bit of obvious for this move of the scammers and cheaters. But rest assured, you work will never get copied by the work of the scammers, because the bounty managers are on to that task. We just hope all the bounty hunters are solving this issue and not just ignoring it.

ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:32:34 AM

Not only we are being blamed for dumping coins as soon as we get our rewards but now we are also being called cheaters because of some who are so greedy. Those people are hurting the whole bounty hunting community and soon we will lose our credibility if we don't do anything about it. I wish there is a way to stop this rampant cheating in bounties before it is too late.
Gilliffyn

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

I think that now at this time it is not profitable to do Facebook and Twitter, because of a lot of bots, one user connects 10-15 accounts and let me not profitable to do

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:12:00 PM

Hi,

I understand you, I've encountered this too. Cheater is constantly using my Twitter account in airdrop and registered in the bounty. And does it always ahead of me. I have to write to the Manager to remove this cheater. In one campaign,  the cheater and me were removed from the spreadsheet, and I couldn't prove my point to the manager, because the spreadsheet had already been handed over to the team. It is necessary that in all bounty campaigns there was a proof of authentication. If the tokens are paid for the bounty in the personal account on the project website, then I definitely put 2 fa, since several times I lost tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: