Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaelcoin - Ireland's First Crypto Currency - Official Thread  (Read 22891 times)
temple

Activity: 1456
Merit: 539

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:03:21 PM

pool
Cryptoart

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:05:11 PM

Don't listen to all the hate! Glad to see Ireland joining the cryptocurrency world!  Mining!
theh1982 (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Gaelcoin - Ireland's first Crypto Currency

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:13:38 PM

Don't listen to all the hate! Glad to see Ireland joining the cryptocurrency world!  Mining!

Thank you!

Visit Gaelcoin.org - Ireland's 1st CryptoCurrency
theh1982 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:17:35 PM

pool

Thanks for the pool setup, what your Gael wallet address and ill send you to bounty

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:19:48 PM

fuck you and this coin

pog mo thoin

I thought it was pogue mahone

pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:21:10 PM

Premined and Instamined ?

Who announces a coin after mining has started ?

Good Luck with your coin

SELL SELL SELL
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:23:48 PM

Anyone seen any blocks happen? Not seen a new one reported yet solo mining.
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

I think the dev has inaccurately described the retarget period.  Here's the actual code:

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 6 * 8 * 60; // Gaelcoin: 2 days
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2 * 60; // Gaelcoin: 2 minutes

Although the OP (and the code comment) claim 2 days, the code itself actually dictates a retarget every 6*8*60 seconds = 48 minutes on average, or every 24 blocks.  That may help to explain how the difficulty adjusted upwards so quickly after the initial post.   

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:26:25 PM

TOOOOOO LATE!!!!!

Look at the poor result of MaZAcoin, and that was only the second one released, so suddenly 50 nation currency are being created, all will die and you guys are losing time and some stupid people hashrate.
theh1982 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:27:45 PM

Premined and Instamined ?

Who announces a coin after mining has started ?

Good Luck with your coin

SELL SELL SELL

Mining started for a short period for testing as we wanted to make sure the wallets are functioning properly including testing a pool as i've witnessed  many altcoins releasing buggy and non functional coins based on the 0.6 bitcoin frame work.

However the difficulty is still very reasonable and any coins that where pre-mined during the testing period will be given back to those who help make this Ireland's first successful coin.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:30:03 PM

Shocked  Shocked Shocked

Looks like a lot of people are wasting their hashrate here....getting on a exchange will be difficult too as all exchange are now putting voting systems in place so pre-mine will be use for exchange and then dump there coin.

Smart developers  Grin
theh1982 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:30:55 PM

I think the dev has inaccurately described the retarget period.  Here's the actual code:

Code:

Although the OP (and the code comment) claim 2 days, the code itself actually dictates a retarget every 6*8*60 seconds = 48 minutes on average, or every 24 blocks.  That may help to explain how the difficulty adjusted upwards so quickly after the initial post.   

You are right ! And they should have informed me of that as well..

sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

I don't think the flood will stop until every country, state, or province has its own coin, until every animal has its own coin, until every aspect of life has its own coin. I swear to god... it's just an endless flood of bullshit coins that copy innovators and slap a new graphic on them.

Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

Code:

You are right ! And they should have informed me of that as well..

May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough Gaelcoins in your pocket to buy a pint.

7FL3iamdfBbtv6jjzfJWT877tuLhBH5tFw

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:55:30 PM

Gaelcoin is Ireland's first Cryptocurrency - Based on the latest Litecoin fork it has the potential you want to expect from an Alt Currency

Launched on 07/March/2014 at 22:00 GMT

PoW Algorithm: Scrypt
Retarget Time: 2 Days 50 min
Block Time: 2 Min
Initial Block Reward: 50
Max Supply: 650 Million

Premine 1%
1 % pre-mined
for marketing , merchant services and payment for future development

This is a common scam tactic.

High max coins + low reward + premine = SCAM

It will take 180 days to equal the premine that the dev is taking.
2min blocks = 720 blocks/day
720 blocks/day = 36,000 coins/day
6,500,000 ÷ 36,000 = 180.55 days
Think about that. After half a year, the entire mining community will have only as much COMBINED as this one person holds in his wallet.
Not to mention this coin is "irelands currency" but there is no premine to give to the people.
So its a coin for the irish people but not owned by the irish people.

You fucking people need to call this bullshit when you see it instead of supporting and propagating this crap.

demologic

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:56:31 PM

I don't think the flood will stop until every country, state, or province has its own coin, until every animal has its own coin, until every aspect of life has its own coin. I swear to god... it's just an endless flood of bullshit coins that copy innovators and slap a new graphic on them.

There are over 1 million words in English dictionary...We will probably get altcoin for every word...This is the bad side of no regulations...
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:57:46 PM

There are over 1 million words in English dictionary...We will probably get altcoin for every word...This is the bad side of no regulations...

It will continue until you people smarten the fuck up and stop mining/supporting this "Shite".
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

It will continue until you people smarten the fuck up and stop mining/supporting this "Shite".

Unfortunately that means NEVER, its been proved that idiots reproduce faster than we can educate them.
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

gael.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
theh1982 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:49:26 AM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

gael.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

Thanks ! Added

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: