Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin if there is a global economic crash?  (Read 2732 times)
buddhasource (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:22:23 PM

I guess it will take a couple of crises for folks to believe in Bitcoin than gold.

A lot of institutes are running for bitcoin, it would be fascinating to see how this turns out. I am sure they have a good economist to back the decision.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:10:23 PM

bitcoin will not be affected despite the global economic crisis, on the contrary, bitcoin will be used by everyone because it can improve the economy for its users and in the case of the global economic crisis many people will use bitcoin because it can help overcome the economic crisis
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

Bitcoin is only used as an alternative payment if the world is facing a crisis, for the price of bitcoin no one can predict accurately. what the price of bitcoin is in the future, which is sure bitcoin will rise. We know through the whitepaper that bitcoin was created as a form of protest against manipulations created by the central bank, so that if everyone believes in the technology behind bitcoin then bitcoin is one way to suppress a country's crisis.

There will be a massive price declination with bitcoin price if an globale economic crash will also going to happen, because our mode of spending money depends on the currency that we're using in a certain country. A lot of financial system will be affected and the entire world is always prone to experience the chaos.
Qurelal

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:17:39 AM

I think cryptocurrency should take the place of the main currency of the world. I don't think it will be Bitcoin. Bitcoin is too old, he was the first and will remain in our memory.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:24:07 AM

I believe that there will be an impact with bitcoin if there will be an economic crash globally as people will be selling their btc and will not wait further before it drops too low. I think that there will be panic selling that will most likely to occur since there will be a chain reaction from the people doing it with regards to the market drop condition. People should monitor the market condition from time to time just to be aware what is happening in the market. On the other hand, for the true believers in btc, I believe these people will just hold their btc and just have to wait for the recovery.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:36:19 AM

Bitcoin is the saviour of struggling economies. Venezuela is taking advantage of the new decentralised currency as the price is not dependant on local factors

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:44:47 AM

if that happens all financial firm or financial institution, anything that includes or involved money will be affected and bitcoin is no exemption, but the questions is who will recover first,,,? its bitcoin for sure, not usd, not fiat not gold.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Serious Miner

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

If the global economic crash occurs nothing will happen to bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a physical currency even which is used for alternative payment. Bitcoin is not valid by all government universally. Bitcoin is decentralized operating by blockchain system so whatever happens to global economics it won't be a matter for bitcoin progressing.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1251

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

the primary objective of satomoshi's bitcoin is to provide relief to investors in times of economy crisis, so bitcoin was programmed to survive economic crisis, the victim of economic melt down are always the fiat dependent individuals, bitcoin is an electric method of transactions.
Like if it was so easy then you would have seen a huge pump in bitcoin when the stock market went down.
But is that happening? No.

The S&P went down a week back and so did bitcoin. Bitcoin was supposed to go opposite if the assumption you make is true but it didnt. It followed what the stock market did. It not possible to predict which type of movement would reciprocate each other in all these markets. Maybe the precious metals market would be a better complement to cryptocurrencies because they tend to balance each more than the stock market.

Bitcoin is the saviour of struggling economies. Venezuela is taking advantage of the new decentralised currency as the price is not dependant on local factors
Petro? LOL, it will never be able to solve the problem with such a idiotic person governing it. Wasnt is Trump who said that US investors were not allowed to invest in Petro?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
GoldenBell

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:40:51 AM

I think there is nothing impact from global economic crash to Bitcoin price. Bitcoin is decentralized and the price is mostly influenced by the panic selling or coin holder itself. As long as the holders and investor is not becoming panic for this situation, bitcoin price will be on the track. On the contrary, if the holders are influenced by the global economic crash, bitcoin will potentially drop.

So, it doesn't immediately impact or affect to Bitcoin. 
I couldn't agree more. For me, bitcoin price is not affected by global economic.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:43:28 AM

BTC was done for that reason it was done afther 2008 economic crash so nothing ban i think ,maybe afther that most of countries would use it as a currency.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:53:50 AM

If you look back in the past you will see that Bitcoin was made in the period of world economic crisis as a kind of alternative.
The new economic crash will happen, that is inevitable and it happens from time to time in sort of cycles. But this will not influence Bitcoin because it's not incorporated in fornal economic system. In fact, if such crysis happens people will turn to Bitcoin as an alternative that could help them to get out of crisis.

My analytical skills are limited to the global economy
so I read your post, and agreed
as long as I observe crypto trading and development has no connection with trade such as forex especially the global economy. so I agree with you

buddhasource (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:32:47 AM

So if Bitcoin price charts follow stock price charts, that is if stocks crash so does bitcoin then how will bitcoin really save any economic crisis?

So the assumption is having decentralized currency would stabilize the economy. How?
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:10:53 PM

So if Bitcoin price charts follow stock price charts, that is if stocks crash so does bitcoin then how will bitcoin really save any economic crisis?

So the assumption is having decentralized currency would stabilize the economy. How?
For me both of your questions does not make any sense, as we are well aware that bitcoin is doing really good for our economy, the condition of my country is much better than before and it is only because of bitcoin as I has given me more than one source of earning and it is minimizing the number of jobless people in any country, so it’s really worth promoting.
budrabut

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:14:04 PM

A global economic crash will not immediately or significantly affect to Bitcoin value as we all know that it is not controlled by any entity or authority. The value depends on the players or holders itself. As long as the holders are able to keep Bitcoin and not panic for the economic situation, bitcoin must stay strong with its value. However, it also should be realized that the economic crash will trigger and potentially influence Bitcoin if it is continuously happening for along time. It is potentially to crack down all Cryptocurrency prices.   

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:27:43 PM

For me bitcoin price wil not be affected if there is a global economic crash happen because of its decentralized currency and the government don't have control with it.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:32:05 PM

There is big possibility that bitcoin will also crash. People invest in bitcoin because they have money from their "saving". When global economy crash the price of commodities will be very expensive or people income will be reduced and of course this will influence the investment rate of people.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1138

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:49:46 PM

For me both of your questions does not make any sense, as we are well aware that bitcoin is doing really good for our economy, the condition of my country is much better than before and it is only because of bitcoin as I has given me more than one source of earning and it is minimizing the number of jobless people in any country, so it’s really worth promoting.
On personal reasons then it does really help but talking on the entire economic state it doesn't really effect at all. Talking about Global economic crash, I cant see a reason or thing that Bitcoin itself is tagged out
if there are things happen on traditional investments like stocks, forex, otc etc. but it doesn't mean that they'll switch out to crypto.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1266

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:59:15 PM

BTC was done for that reason it was done afther 2008 economic crash so nothing ban i think ,maybe afther that most of countries would use it as a currency.

I think you are wrong, why would any country use a currency which they
have no control over, a currency with a limited supply, a currency which
a small percentage of the population owns it.

In the event of an economic crisis its hard to know how bitcoin would
react, would it suffer as bitcoin holders seek to liquidate  into FIAT to
pay bills etc.? or will it triumph as more people look to pour FIAT into it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:12:42 AM

There is big possibility that bitcoin will also crash. People invest in bitcoin because they have money from their "saving". When global economy crash the price of commodities will be very expensive or people income will be reduced and of course this will influence the investment rate of people.
with current global economic crisis, where mighty dollar is alone, it will make the exchange rate against dollar even higher, of course this will add to bugjet investors to buy dollars before they are invested in btc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: