Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin if there is a global economic crash?  (Read 2736 times)
nebiki

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:45:47 PM

bitcoin will help because the global economy is relied on real money or paper money so in my opinion bitcoin will replace all the current global economy and my advice is my choice is the best way and solution
most likely like that because bitcoin does indeed help when the global economy is destroyed or not, because the best way to improve is by adopting bitcoin to become an investment

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:28:23 PM

bitcoin will help because the global economy is relied on real money or paper money so in my opinion bitcoin will replace all the current global economy and my advice is my choice is the best way and solution
most likely like that because bitcoin does indeed help when the global economy is destroyed or not, because the best way to improve is by adopting bitcoin to become an investment
as an example today is Venezuela, where there is a severe crisis, so their fiat currency is worthless. then they use crypto for a solution. indeed, this time has not shown results, but I think that the country will prosper if the price of bitcoin soars. and this is also what the bitcoiners expect, waiting faithfully to give hope later

millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:17:33 PM

Bitcoin is different currency if ever we have an economic crashed or economic crisis, bitcoin will not be affected. The currency affected is Fiat money.
  Crypto currency can help through subsidized the affected party through use bitcoin as a currency reserved to can pay all the debt of those financial institution affected
I want to believe in the scenario of a global economic crisis, a lot of people and investors will need to put their funds in places where they can still store value for their money. We all do not know yet how bitcoin or the likes will be serving at times like this, since this will simply be the first use case scenario in terms of a financial crisis, but one thing is certain, it was created for that reason and I believe it should serve that reason ultimately.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:46:00 AM

It is a bit hard to figure out what will really happen to Bitcoin price.

We could find an answer if someone could stitch these together.

• Gold price when crisis happen
  • China's economy is already in a bear market for a long time, will they see a bull?
  • World economy just hit an all-time high
  • Crypto has not seen a 10yr cycle yet
  • Satoshi started Bitcoin to avoid melt-downs

What do you guys think will happen and why?
Bitcoin doesn’t have anything to do with world economy, so it can’t be affected by whatever is happening. But bitcoin can affect the world economy in so many ways (but the other can’t affect it).

You might like to read this here to know five impacts of BTC to the economy https://www.newgenapps.com/blog/impact-of-bitcoins-on-the-economy-banks-finance?hs_amp=true. So it affects the economy in some ways but the economy does not affect it. I still stand to be corrected if I’m wrong. But that’s what I believe for now.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1301

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 08:35:04 AM

as an example today is Venezuela, where there is a severe crisis, so their fiat currency is worthless. then they use crypto for a solution. indeed, this time has not shown results, but I think that the country will prosper if the price of bitcoin soars. and this is also what the bitcoiners expect, waiting faithfully to give hope later
You are using Venezuela as an example but there are more FUD news regarding it than good news. Only natives of that country would be able to say whether it is having a good impact or bad impact. We have seen how to economists of the world have explained the situation to become worse with crypto but it may have been just speculation.

A crypto-based economy is a longshot idea even today. In a economic crash the source of buying or selling crypto is again fiat currency so they will lose value as well. Its not going to be a opposite side movement but a same side movement.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:25:14 PM

I think the development of the crypto currency and the destruction of the crypto currency lies with its investors if the global economy is destroyed I think if there are still those who use crypto currencies there will still be
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:58:12 AM

Bitcoin might become the safe haven for those people who want to secure their wealth from economic crash or recession. But bitcoin might also get affected because people might fear that the economic crash may pull the bitcoin down also. So there are some scenarios but I believe will survive any economic turmoils in the future and demands will still go up even there is a slowdown in economic activities.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:16:05 PM

If every country already adopt cryptocurrency for sure it can prevent the crash, but since most of the country are still making way to destroy cryptocurrency soon we will face new economic crisis. I believe cryptocurrency will become stronger since investors will love to secure their money and buying coins can be a good idea for them.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:09:26 PM

• China's economy is already in a bear market for a long time, will they see a bull?

10 years ago bitcoin exist,and those times its the world crisis in which most of the companies around the globe have cost cutting.People have lost their jobs or lessen overtimes but  bitcoin had survive until now and most people whose been apart of it have benefited.Bitcoin in my opinion would survive though adoption lessens but on the other hand investors might be coming over because they think that they could keep safe their investments or assets if they would become a part of the cryptocurrency community.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 04:45:43 PM

If every country already adopt cryptocurrency for sure it can prevent the crash, but since most of the country are still making way to destroy cryptocurrency soon we will face new economic crisis. I believe cryptocurrency will become stronger since investors will love to secure their money and buying coins can be a good idea for them.

No county will adopt cryptocurencies when upcoming economic crisis hit.  For next crisis that will happen in about 15 years some countries will other not. It is very hard to speculate about that.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:24:13 PM

If that would be the case I think that bitcoin and the whole cryptoccurencies prices are going to rise immediately. I think that a lot of people will start searching for other ways of storing the value of their money and one of them could be investing in bitcoin. Personally, I hope to see a collapse and see the impacts of it on the supply and demand of bitcoin. I think that the next time we will face a global economic crisis will be the milestone of BTC mooning.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:30:47 AM

It depends upon what sort of economic crash it is and how much severe its going to be. If its like U.S Dollar under a lot of pressure and stock market crashing, then people need something new to enter in which is not yet grown to its potential and at that very moment bitcoin can play a major role.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1301

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 09:04:54 AM

I think the development of the crypto currency and the destruction of the crypto currency lies with its investors if the global economy is destroyed I think if there are still those who use crypto currencies there will still be
There is literally no way to destroy a cryptocurrency once it has been created that too being censorship resistant and immutable transactions with no middleman involved. Investors are just speculators here nothing more nothing less.

Even if they dont its not a problem. Crypto will grow despite every country accepting it. The more non-acceptance crypto has the more its shows the apprehension that governments have against it. Who wants to track their own dirty corruption through immutable blockchain? Entire governments would collapse if all those information came into public view. The future is pretty bullish for bitcoin and long term adoption will happen and it will continue to grow even when other market may collapse.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:50:22 AM

Bitcoin is different currency if ever we have an economic crashed or economic crisis, bitcoin will not be affected. The currency affected is Fiat money.
  Crypto currency can help through subsidized the affected party through use bitcoin as a currency reserved to can pay all the debt of those financial institution affected
We cannot start pointing out any correlation at the moment, since thus far there has been no past scenario to look at to be able to know how things would end up working out. A lot of people may have their different thoughts based on different reasons, but for me, what brought about the deflationary nature of bitcoin and what urged the creation of bitcoin and its features was basically linked to the previous crisis. One thing for sure, most people who are investors and smart, would not want to be in fiat, and in such periods, assets tend to increase, hopefully, we will get bitcoin serve its purpose as a digital asset.

There is not clear evidence that there is such a correlation indeed. But some recent events point that fiat and crypto behave opposite.

If an economic crisis is going to blow then cryptocurrency market is going to go upwards as people will start seeking for other ways of storing the value of its money and resist the inflationary trends that will take place.

A recent example is the Turkish Lira crisis 2018 when Turks started buying bitcoin as they saw that their currency is losing value.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:08:12 PM

We cannot start pointing out any correlation at the moment, since thus far there has been no past scenario to look at to be able to know how things would end up working out. A lot of people may have their different thoughts based on different reasons, but for me, what brought about the deflationary nature of bitcoin and what urged the creation of bitcoin and its features was basically linked to the previous crisis. One thing for sure, most people who are investors and smart, would not want to be in fiat, and in such periods, assets tend to increase, hopefully, we will get bitcoin serve its purpose as a digital asset.
Since bitcoin is so new we do not have a way to know exactly what will happen but there are only three scenarios that can play out, the first scenario is that bitcoin crashes as well, the economy of the world could be so affected that bitcoin suffers the same fate, the second scenario is that nothing happens, since bitcoin is not correlated to the stock and bond markets then bitcoin keeps moving in its own way, and the final scenario is that bitcoin benefits from the crash as people begin to look for a place to park their money.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:20:16 PM

There is not clear evidence that there is such a correlation indeed. But some recent events point that fiat and crypto behave opposite.

If an economic crisis is going to blow then cryptocurrency market is going to go upwards as people will start seeking for other ways of storing the value of its money and resist the inflationary trends that will take place.

A recent example is the Turkish Lira crisis 2018 when Turks started buying bitcoin as they saw that their currency is losing value.
I also think that way.Bitcoin is created when there was an economic crisis so when a global economic crash might appear,i think people will resort to finding some good options where they can still make profits even when their own fiat currencies have crashed.This may be the best time that bitcoin will be given much acceptance by the people since their own currencies have lost their value.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:41:15 AM

That might happen. because when the global economic crisis occurs, certainly inflation will occur everywhere, people will look for other currencies to save the value of their wealth, and maybe many people will save their wealth to bitcoin, its possible right ?
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:35:47 AM

the world economic problem bitcoin has a little space here, I didn't think that far and didn't the global economic crisis have occurred in 2007/2008? and after that there was cryptocurrency, the reason some people under the best alternative cryptocurrency for their economy.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 07:15:42 AM

Investors will going to abandon bitcoin because bitcoin has no really use in terms except that some establishment are accepting bitcoin as a means of payment. The problem is that there were only few and it could be counted through our fingers in every city or province or even in a country.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:13:46 AM

There are good points you have presented but these are not the things that may be considered to affect bitcoin value. There may be some other things that could push the usage of bitcoin to probably a halt or to be very much bearish. War, Famine and diseases all might contribute to a global economic crisis or global economic crash. But let us not be too negative about things, instead we need to plan to make each of our own economy stand still. If we cannot cooperate we will perhaps lose the brighter future for humanity. Using bitcoin might be a good avenue for making each one of us strong. Remember how anybody can be of help to anyone anywhere by using just bitcoin. This may be a very good idea of helping one another in times of crisis. Let bitcoin be the start of a united world if possible and whenever possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: