Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin less volatile than Standards & Poors.  (Read 284 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:21:12 AM

I think that the price is OK for the meantime and in my opinion in the coming impending holidays the price will surely change and decrease a bit it is my opinion regarding that time of the year were everyone is busy decorating and preparing for the feast.
I don't see much importance in holidays. I'm more curious about how tax sales are going to affect the market in January, especially with how we deal with more legal entities being active in this space than ever before.

It definitely won't be as bad as it was last year with how the price tanked in January and February, but there might be another test of the $5800 level in the worst case. Volatility will definitely boost in that scenario.

The easiest way to get people back to the market is to have the price dip under $6000 again, because that's what many believe to be the ultimate bottom. We'll see where it goes, but I'm open to anything and well prepared with a bunch of fiat to spend.

In December we'll have Bakkt, I believe we'll have a push around January which could level out potential sales to cover tax obligations.

Bakkt has got me excited since I learned that the contracts must be backed out by underlying asset (basically in this case it means there must always be bitcoin being bought and held ready, not just some empty promise). Assuming the platform starts getting volume quickly, I don't see how the price shouldn't start going up short after.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:35:21 AM

I would not have guess that. I would assume stocks would be quite strict and not move as much, maybe because bitcoin has been really stable for the past 5 months but in reality bitcoin looks a lot more volatile than stocks on any given day.

Apparently I was wrong, it is interesting to see "crypto" as the more stable option of investment over stocks, even saying that makes me giggle a bit, no one could possible imagine this would happen.

This is the currency that moved from hundreds to thousands, thousands to millions and now billions of dollars of marketcap in couple years and stocks are just, well stocks they do get 20% if you are lucky and that is about it. Interesting to see how this finance world react to it and get in on bitcoin according to this knowledge.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

I saw this article in my twitter feed; t'was interesting. The S&P500 is now more volatile than bitcoin.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-02/s-p-500-s-wild-ride-makes-u-s-stocks-more-volatile-than-bitcoin

Methinks that the increase in bitcoin adoption has done its work in reducing volatility.

On the other hand, it might be due to the reduction in adoption that have made the price of bitcoin be less volatile at this time. Because at the time when the price of bitcoin as touching $15,000 the massive publicity that greeted that was overwhelming both the positive ones and the negative ones which led to more people buying and more increase in the price of bitcoin but when the tides changes, coming with bans or regulated advertisement from various social media platforms, government cracking down on crypto currencies, top influencers in the world of finance ranging from CEOs, to entrepreneurs and legends making some statements on the contrary, the adoption movement began to suffer some serious setbacks which is what the market is yet to recover from.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: