Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:27:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][FC][FileCoin] Decentralized Encrypted File Storage  (Read 8765 times)
smartcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:17:30 AM

was this the winner of the texas bitcoin conference hackathon?

Absolutely not.

Too good to be a scam  Huh

Why do you think it is scam?

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.
Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

What? Release some screenshots right now. Prove it.

Please don't buy into this guys' crap. I'm not even kidding. You might as well be better off donating to SeansOutpost or something.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:20:50 AM

Absolutely not.

Ah, okay.  The winners there made a decentralized file sharing system based on the stuff proposed regarding that by gmaxwell and using the chain to store most of the metadata for files, afaik it was mostly implemented and running at the conference so I suspect we'll see it on here in a little while.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smartcoin

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:24:10 AM

Absolutely not.

Ah, okay.  The winners there made a decentralized file sharing system based on the stuff proposed regarding that by gmaxwell and using the chain to store most of the metadata for files, afaik it was mostly implemented and running at the conference so I suspect we'll see it on here in a little while.

Yeah, I was keeping an eye on the hackathon, mainly because I wanted to attend. But charging money to attend a hackathon wasn't something I wanted to do. Maybe next year.

MGGB

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:24:21 AM

Thinking about it Smiley
And what do you think about it? Smiley

I think its different, that's a welcome change from the daily shitcoins.
3yM (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:26:35 AM

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.

Also, you haven't detailed how proof of work is going to work in this situation. Nothing at all.

So, in conclusion, this is a scam and please treat it as such.

[insert obligatory 69.5 BTC quote here]
You are comparing FileCoin to bitcoin & altcoins. Why? Because it has *coin idea in it and part of bitcoin algorithms? Here is no standard mining - we have just CPU encryption operations and HDD / INET as main profit modifiers.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

Since you offer no proof of the coin existence, can you accept investment through escrow.  I guess NO  due to the blah blah. I am not gonna invest anyway you probably copy the idea from the Hackathon  Sad
MGGB

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:31:11 AM

How are the other 96% of coins going to be distributed?
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:31:45 AM

Absolutely not.

Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

Please don't buy into this guys' crap. I'm not even kidding. You might as well be better off donating to SeansOutpost or something.

You don't understand me, I think. I'm saying just this thing - more detailed project information - and we have fork of it before our release. I'll be red too - don't listen to this guy he does not know what he talking about
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:34:05 AM

Just read tech specs - your wallet is started, CPU, HDD & channel used - you get profit. It's kind of mining, but here is something usable in mining process, not just heat, noise and sha-256 )))
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:35:16 AM

Absolutely not.

You don't understand me, I think. I'm saying just this thing - more detailed project information - and we have fork of it before our release. I'll be red too - don't listen to this guy he does not know what he talking about

Answer something for us though -- did you get this idea from the hackathon winner and are trying to launch your own version before they can release theirs?
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:37:21 AM

Since you offer no proof of the coin existence, can you accept investment through escrow.  I guess NO  due to the blah blah. I am not gonna invest anyway you probably copy the idea from the Hackathon  Sad

We did not copy any idea from the Hackathon, I can send you our team chat log, if you want. Do you know, that most of ideas are in air, and there is no need to copy something? I founded this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376809.0 after I posted our release notes.
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:38:58 AM

Absolutely not.

Answer something for us though -- did you get this idea from the hackathon winner and are trying to launch your own version before they can release theirs?

I'm answering - I didn't hear about Hackathon or it's winner before this conversation.
smartcoin

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

They probably have no relation. This guy probably saw gmaxwell's proposal and decided to copy it in hopes of some quick bucks. He's shown zero competence in creating a coin, let alone making a protocol that could sustain this. Essentially your are storing potentially terabytes of files you don't even know about on your computer.

Absolutely not.

Detail how proof of storage would work. What makes you so certain I won't be modifying the files and maliciously serving it to peers? How do you verify the integrity of the files?

Absolutely not.

Your sentence doesn't even make sense. If more details are to come then you aren't ready for an IPO, so delete this thread until you have definite proof.

3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:41:33 AM

Have you written any code?  Is it open source? 
Look upper, whole information is there. We started test modules in closed team-only alphas, now we are at stage 0, trying to unite bitcoin code with torrent.
Ok, I missed some of that detail about closed source through stage 2, then open source.  Sorry.   But it still wasn't clear whether you had actually written any code yet.

Are you saying that the IPO stays open through the end of development stage #1, which you call "public alpha versions with testnet"?  Can you confirm potential investors will have the opportunity during this stage #1, while the IPO is still open, to see the software in action before deciding whether to invest? 

Of course, you first can touch some alpha before deciding to invest or not.
smartcoin

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:43:04 AM

Also, please explain how files are to be encrypted, and later decrypted in the blockchain.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:45:12 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:57:40 AM by tacotime

I'm answering - I didn't hear about Hackathon or it's winner before this conversation.

Well, I'll caution you and say that aside from them maidsafe is doing more or less the same thing, has millions of dollars in backing, and has had a working system for years, just no way to monetize it until recently.  They're launching a monetized system in April.

see also this block entry
http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/02/18/token-on-maidsafe-network/

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
MGGB

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:51:28 AM

Just read tech specs - your wallet is started, CPU, HDD & channel used - you get profit. It's kind of mining, but here is something usable in mining process, not just heat, noise and sha-256 )))

I read it again!
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:54:08 AM

They probably have no relation. This guy probably saw gmaxwell's proposal and decided to copy it in hopes of some quick bucks. He's shown zero competence in creating a coin, let alone making a protocol that could sustain this. Essentially your are storing potentially terabytes of files you don't even know about on your computer.

Absolutely not.

Detail how proof of storage would work. What makes you so certain I won't be modifying the files and maliciously serving it to peers? How do you verify the integrity of the files?

Absolutely not.

Your sentence doesn't even make sense. If more details are to come then you aren't ready for an IPO, so delete this thread until you have definite proof.

I don't really understand, why do you think that any good idea can come only in one head? You probably think, that Marconi created radio, but it was Popov. Separate. No communications between them. So, this is our own idea, no hackathon or something else. Just this idea is in the air. Get and realize.

Next. You are that man, who decides, how much space is shared for encrypted files. Want to get more coins - give more space. Want to drop your file in network, but does not want to share space? Pay coins.

About proof of storage - did you ever heard about BitTorrent? Do you know how it works? Next - storage space is encrypted and has checksum.

I dont' need to delete anything. As I said before - IPO is opened till betas, and you'll see everything in alpha testnet.
username here

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:55:59 AM

69.5 BTC

3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:57:26 AM

I read it, I am just trying to make sense of it.  So, for what I would compare to seeding a bittorrent file your rewarded coins, these rewards are spread out over 50 years , and everyone with the open client has the same chance at getting coins.

Not the same chance - more space shared and faster channel - more profit. Profit spread out between all hosts by proportion of whole network space and channel speed and CPU resources to YOUR space, channel and CPU.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: