Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][FC][FileCoin] Decentralized Encrypted File Storage  (Read 8762 times)
3yM (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:01:21 AM

I'm answering - I didn't hear about Hackathon or it's winner before this conversation.

Well, I'll caution you and say that aside from them maidsafe is doing more or less the same thing, has millions of dollars in backing, and has had a working system for years, just no way to monetize it until recently.  They're launching a monetized system in April.

see also this block entry
http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/02/18/token-on-maidsafe-network/

Someone has 20 millions of dollars in backing and just starting to create professional cryptocurrency exchange, someone does not have 20 mlns and already started http://www.upbit.org/en//

But thanks for your caution. We just starting, and we think it's real to make something like this.
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:02:37 AM

Also, please explain how files are to be encrypted, and later decrypted in the blockchain.

Why you decieded, that files encrypted and decrypted in blockchain?
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

becuz maybe theres already an ipo without a testnet?
you can send IPO when testnet started, whats the problem?
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:08:34 AM

this is a good idea, but clearly op doesnt understand what the community has been through with IPOS over the last months. nore does he know proper english to correctly answer all of the questions that will be needed to be answered, before you should even think people would want to spend money on your IPO
you cant expect people to give money, until theirs SET PROOF that SOMETHING IS REALLY BEING WORKED ON. PICTURES, WHATEVER, but opening an IPO before tesnet/any real proof, is going to lower your odds of acceptance into this community greatly
everyone knows by now, that if you and your team were 100% legitamite, youd go along the route of ethereum and other major IPOS, with TONS OF INFO before the IPO starts, and tons of proof of work/research/ANY PROOF that you guys HAVE been working on SOMETHING
and EVEN THEN, if people were going to buy into your IPO, WHY would they do it now, with no extra incentive, rather than wait till laiter when theirs at least SOME shred of proof something is being worked on that has potential
i wish this the best of luck, tho. i like the idea of it Smiley
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:10:56 AM

Too good to be a scam  Huh

Why do you think it is scam?

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.
Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

If you're basing your code on Bitcoin or any altcoin, then you're bound to operate under an open source license anyway. No one can steal something that's free.
Of course. When it's working prototype - source will be opened.
smartcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:18:34 AM

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.
Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

If you're basing your code on Bitcoin or any altcoin, then you're bound to operate under an open source license anyway. No one can steal something that's free.

Oh so you haven't even written the code even. Good luck. Anyone can write ideas down but few can actually execute them. Nice job avoiding all of my questions.

Everybody move on.

G2Dolphin

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

When this type of coin will be published — i'm in! Got more unused HDDs, than videocards. Cheesy
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:22:31 AM

Oh so you haven't even written the code even. Good luck. Anyone can write ideas down but few can actually execute them. Nice job avoiding all of my questions.

Everybody move on.

Do you understand difference between "working prototype" (something like beta stage) and buggy alpha?
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:28:14 AM

Corrected IPO rules for everybody.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:30:31 AM

IPO coins need to be banned. It's worse than scam kickstarters.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:38:48 AM

this is a good idea, but clearly op doesnt understand what the community has been through with IPOS over the last months. nore does he know proper english to correctly answer all of the questions that will be needed to be answered, before you should even think people would want to spend money on your IPO
you cant expect people to give money, until theirs SET PROOF that SOMETHING IS REALLY BEING WORKED ON. PICTURES, WHATEVER, but opening an IPO before tesnet/any real proof, is going to lower your odds of acceptance into this community greatly
everyone knows by now, that if you and your team were 100% legitamite, youd go along the route of ethereum and other major IPOS, with TONS OF INFO before the IPO starts, and tons of proof of work/research/ANY PROOF that you guys HAVE been working on SOMETHING
and EVEN THEN, if people were going to buy into your IPO, WHY would they do it now, with no extra incentive, rather than wait till laiter when theirs at least SOME shred of proof something is being worked on that has potential
i wish this the best of luck, tho. i like the idea of it Smiley

As I said, we are at stage 0, and IF there is some investors, who wants to see stage 1 faster (because of hiring additional programmer), welcome. IF not - stage 1 will be a little bit later.
roserose

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

interested in

3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:14:10 AM

Looks legit, bro.  Sending 420 BTC

Fun, bro
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:14:56 AM

Fun, bro

Cool bro response, bro.  Bro me again.
3yM (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:16:08 AM

Fun, bro

Cool bro response, bro.  Bro me again.

Send me 420 BTC again and, you are bro-bro-bro! ;-)
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:18:54 PM

what is the minimum u can send

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:04:00 AM

This is not a good idea. Just because a file is encrypted does not mean that its owner would welcome multiple copies of it saved on random people's computers. Whoever came up with this idea is not wise at all.
Of course, using google disk is better idea! Centralized, government controlled, unencrypted by default. But in some cases millions of people using it. Do you know why?

message me on skype when you get a chance?

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
fordlincoln

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:09:06 PM

I think this is an interesting idea and I hope to hear updates as they become available.

Side note: I was there during the Texas Hackaton and this project is different on both a technology and conceptual level. Keep up the great work guys, you have an innovative concept here

Haters gonna hate.
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Any new on this? It´s a very interesting project I also have been thinking about.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:45:40 AM

This is not a good idea. Just because a file is encrypted does not mean that its owner would welcome multiple copies of it saved on random people's computers. Whoever came up with this idea is not wise at all.
Of course, using google disk is better idea! Centralized, government controlled, unencrypted by default. But in some cases millions of people using it. Do you know why?

Yes. It is easier to hold a company like Google liable for any wrongdoing than a random person that someone is connected to via a P2P network.
If you don't have data, that better you don't know where it is physically, does not mean, that nobody does. Sometimes you need send information anonymously - this is the best way.

I would rather my data encrypted on other peoples machines then saved in any single companies hands un encrypted.  Sign me up.  thx. whoever said this idea was not wise at all does not understand how encryption works and should go away.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: