Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:43:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is this micgoossens??  (Read 2087 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 09:56:20 PM

The "cool boy" squad and the "nerd" squad?  Roll Eyes
I'd choose the nerd squad any day of the week.

The only way you join the nerd squad is by getting into chipmixer. Most of them be nerds there ,SMH. I am just an asshole who acts like like he knows what he is doing but all I am is a shilly-shally.

What did I just walk into? Shocked
cOld bLoOded betrayel.  Angry
Honestly that WO is some next level shit, I'd rather figure out how bitcoin than getting into that.  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:38:34 AM
Merited by Vod (10), LoyceV (1), nanobtc (1)

I *really* never heard of him before - nor him me, based on his PMs.  Smiley

I guess this forum is a lot larger than we think!

You really should drop on by the Wall Observer thread. Then you can get acquainted with the hat club. Maybe you will even get a hat with your Peter Griffin avatar to wear with pride.  Cool  You can hang out there when you are need a respite from trying to convince idiots that the Earth is indeed an oblate spheroid.

I couldn't resist. 

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:11:08 AM

He is threatening to boot me out of 9th place.   Angry

I need some dirt on him so I can leave negative trust and put him in his place...

It is interesting to know this is the basis you like to leave trust. I will need to remember this
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:15:51 AM

He is threatening to boot me out of 9th place.   Angry

I need some dirt on him so I can leave negative trust and put him in his place...
It is interesting to know this is the basis you like to leave trust. I will need to remember this
You mean... Vod made a joke? Tar and feather him!

Disclaimer: this was a joke too Tongue

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:05:16 AM

You really should drop on by the Wall Observer thread. Then you can get acquainted with the hat club. Maybe you will even get a hat with your Peter Griffin avatar to wear with pride.  Cool  You can hang out there when you are need a respite from trying to convince idiots that the Earth is indeed an oblate spheroid.

I couldn't resist. 

Haha Nice one XhomerX

Now he just nerds to wear it..... like why wouldn’t he ?
Its just a very COOL/NERD avatar the perfect balanced MIX of everything

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

@VOD

i did enjoy your thread in here had a good laugh for sure, you seem to be a great guy

cheers gonna enjoy this HAT created coffee

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 11:00:19 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

My merit finger is itching to destroy these pretty numbers Tongue
Nooo!  You won't hurt my feelings if you do.. well, you might a little, but I'll get over it. Tongue

I am kind of thinking that without necessarily creating different forum accounts, each of us has an ability to create our on-line persona, and maybe even to start over?  

Of course, each of us has our personal predilections, too.  For example, quite frequently I receive suggestions about how I should or could modify my online personality in one way or another that might be more satisfying to some others, and other readings into my online persona as if my online persona is equivalent to my in real life persona.

Of course, there is going to be some overlap, but there certainly can be abilities in the non-meat space, when not distracted by the actual meat.   Cheesy Wink
While I may have the ability to create an online personality, I choose to be a reflection of who I am IRL. And even though I may have some personal personality traits to work on, I generally try not to alter my personality or character based on the suggestions of others wanting to be appeased... this sounds like a politician.. or a comedian. Smiley

The only way you join the nerd squad is by getting into chipmixer. Most of them be nerds there ,SMH.
It wouldn't be very nerd-like of me to join something just because other nerds are doing it!

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

I couldn't resist.  
Pretty sure that Vod thinks he has better things to do ('busting scams' lol smh) than gracing us with his presence.
He should therefore be wearing this frankly totally decentralised and miles more appropriate hat

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1706

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 02:44:52 PM

Climbing the merit rank and I have never heard of him before!

https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostmerited

HEY! Don't noose the goose!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tanya12356

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

What is this table Huh What are the ratings for? And why are you so outraged? Thank you)
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:16:28 PM

What is this table Huh What are the ratings for? And why are you so outraged? Thank you)

nobody is outraged in here its just been a fun talk with a HAT-invasion in here...... Wink

btw i think its going to be quied here today cause of

you know.... the not doing anything on saturdays :p

and no ratings we are all just some "COOL-NERDS" in here  Roll Eyes

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:20:37 PM

I am kind of thinking that without necessarily creating different forum accounts, each of us has an ability to create our on-line persona, and maybe even to start over?  

Of course, each of us has our personal predilections, too.  For example, quite frequently I receive suggestions about how I should or could modify my online personality in one way or another that might be more satisfying to some others, and other readings into my online persona as if my online persona is equivalent to my in real life persona.

Of course, there is going to be some overlap, but there certainly can be abilities in the non-meat space, when not distracted by the actual meat.   Cheesy Wink
While I may have the ability to create an online personality, I choose to be a reflection of who I am IRL. And even though I may have some personal personality traits to work on, I generally try not to alter my personality or character based on the suggestions of others wanting to be appeased... this sounds like a politician.. or a comedian. Smiley

I am pulling your chain a bit, and largely my suggestion remains that people cannot really know, with any degree of certainty, the extent to which the online personality of any of us matches with our in real life personality(ies).

My practice has not been any kind of attempt to hide behind the pseudo-anonymity of my on-line personality; however, I have become a bit more comfortable with the passage of time, to play around with such dynamic - so there has been some evolution of my approach, rather than my starting out in a particular way and sticking with it.

Actually, I do appreciate the variety of personas in this space, including the pseudo-anonymity of most of the forum accounts, the public outedness of other persons in the space, even while there is a certain value to looking someone in the face to figure out whether to trust that person more or less with personal information.

The longer that any of us is in the bitcoin (or crypto) space, the more likely we have a combination of relationships, and even discretionary privacy, and my go to answer for people, in real life, who ask me how much BTC I own (upon their first finding out that I am interested in bitcoin) is to ask them a similar question about how much gold they have and how much money they have in their bank accounts.  Usually, the common sense of the inquisitive person will "get it" after just one response from me (in form of a question), but a few of them are stubborn and say that they are ready, willing and able to be transparent about their bank accounts and their other assets. 

My subsequent response, without actually asking the inquisitive person to reveal any of their personal financial details, is that likely they do not have very much to lose if they are willing to disclose such personal financial information (implying that it should be private).  For the most part, I have not had to pursue such conversations of sharing personal financial information beyond that point, yet my general disposition, at that point, becomes to outwardly acknowledge that I am dealing with an inquisitive person who cannot control his/her own level of snoopiness about a topic that they should respect as being private.  So even, if some people want to disclose their own personal finances, seemingly because they want you to reciprocate, to some degree I may be willing to listen to so of their personal information that they want to disclose, and usually, I put a certain level of skepticism in their degree of openness which causes me more skepticism about sharing any of my actual personal information with them (whether financial or otherwise), unless I want the information to leak (which seems likely when dealing with that kind of person).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:41:45 PM

Mic maybe doesn't have the best opsec, prolly because he doesn't give a shit, but he is for sure the most friendlier, transparent and positive guy in the entire forum. Period.

P.S.: *IF* you really don't know him... you are missing a lot from this forum.

Call me a party poop or a skeptic, but I doubt that sharing a lot of supposedly personal information is any kind of good example for how other peeps (whether newbie or more experienced) should hold themselves out on the interwebs, or in this forum, especially when we are talking about financial information and various other possible personal and controversial information that can bleed over into real life, too.   

We should already recognize that the vast majority of forum members are operating within a pseudo-anonymous basis in this forum, and that is the expectation, so disclosing personal information is not necessary, and many already understand such practices as problematic.  I think that is part of the reason that doxxing people can be reasons to get suspended or banned from the forum, yet I will definitely concede that self-doxing remains another question that is discretionary, but I still would question any rational to attribute credibility to self-doxing based on supposed weaker opsec and supposed "transparency".. and certainly I would question whether it is prudent for a vast majority of members to emulate such self-doxing or to obtain less credibility because they chose not to disclose personal information in these forum threads.

Such pseudo-anonymous basis of most forum members remains the norm of the forum, as far as I can see, and it would not matter if you are on the WO thread or any other thread, and such choice to continue in pseudo-anonymity should not cause people to be less credible because we have various forum systems in place to attempt to help with aspects of credibility when it comes to the forum reputation - including merit, activity, trust and of course post contents and track record in regard to post contents. 

In other words, those who choose to attempt to continue to interact on the forum with largely quasi-anonymous practices should not have any less credibility.. and supposed openness and transparency is almost the opposite of a good model for newbie members to emulate about how to attempt to gain credibility on the forum.  So, in that regard, I would question any praising or even reliance of such supposed transparency and openness, even if some peeps make such voluntary choices about their forum interaction methods.

yeah i know, i am on the edge of sharing sometimes Roll Eyes

but from the moment when i  tattooed the rollercoaster on my arm, is the moment when i show to not give a F*** about much i guess..... Roll Eyes

whatever i do or have done ..... i'm a TRUE BTC'er  and thats most important of all. 

i hope the next time when i have some new GAME list  thing to see some new names after this thread Grin

the guy's that says i have to be a bit carefull are absolutly right and much appriciated, but i think being on the edge is OK.... just don't cross is

btw don't mind me today please, cause i'm out and for me.... saturday isn't about shomer shabbos Smiley but about getting out and be a bit of TOTAL WASTED.

boys cheers on this fine saturday, wear a HAT and be safe......

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:19:46 PM

[edited out]

yeah i know, i am on the edge of sharing sometimes Roll Eyes

but from the moment when i  tattooed the rollercoaster on my arm, is the moment when i show to not give a F*** about much i guess..... Roll Eyes

Surely, your choice.  Whether you truly understand the risk (which I presume that you do) that goes along with the upside of personal bitcoin promotion, when you publish such practices on the forum, you do end up opening up the topic of personal opsec for comment, and in some sense, the topic evolves beyond  you personally - because you have already made such choice.

Furthermore, if you want to advocate that others engage in similar kinds of behaviors (whether wearing hats, or getting tatoos, or driving lambos with personalized BTC related license plates or other markings), that is your choice too, but such advocacy is also likely to spark a decent amount of push back on the forum, too, regarding best practices.. whether on a personal security level or from a bitcoin advertising angle.  I personally know someone who was contemplating marking his boat (that was acquired completely with bitcoin profits) with a marking that says something like:  "gotten from bitcoin," but I discussed the pros and cons of such markings, and the person came to his senses and decided to be more discreet in regards to his own finances.

whatever i do or have done ..... i'm a TRUE BTC'er  and thats most important of all.  

Yes.  A personal choice about what is most important, especially when it comes to your own decisions to wear labels and in what circumstances.

i hope the next time when i have some new GAME list  thing to see some new names after this thread Grin

Seems that you are considering this matter too personally, if you are considering the topic of gams and the topic of wearing of BTC markings to be related.

[=1pt]the guy's that says i have to be a bit carefull are absolutly right and much appriciated, but i think being on the edge is OK.... just don't cross is[size]

I made this related comment larger because it seems to deserve a comment, too.

As you likely realize, there is going to be a lot of variance in perspective in terms of when and how much one person or another will consider lines to be crossed.

btw don't mind me today please, cause i'm out and for me.... saturday isn't about shomer shabbos Smiley but about getting out and be a bit of TOTAL WASTED.

boys cheers on this fine saturday, wear a HAT and be safe......

O.k.  have fun.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: