Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:27:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The concept of marriage is morally obsolete?  (Read 378 times)
Becksinsky (OP)

Activity: 233
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:25:29 PM
Merited by nastyagav (1)

In my opinion, at present, marriage has no practical need.
Previously, he was needed. It was very difficult for one person to keep house or maintain and raise children.
Now we have everything for self-fulfilling self-realization. We can do what we want while having children.
So why do we need this lack of freedom? for love? But love does not live long, then everything turns into a habit.
Maybe it's time for modern society to abandon marriage?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:38:58 PM

Call me nuts, but I love being married just for the fun of it Smiley. It is romantic, exciting, every day is a new adventure. Boring people will get bored married or single. Nothing wrong with marriage.
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

Previously, he was needed. It was very difficult for one person to keep house or maintain and raise children.
Now we have everything for self-fulfilling self-realization. We can do what we want while having children.
So why do we need this lack of freedom? for love? But love does not live long, then everything turns into a habit.
It's funny that you associate marriage with lack of freedom when it is not... well, unless you live in a country where the husband or the wife loses their freedom when in marriage. And maybe you do not have love that is long-lasting but a lot of people do experience it. Also, marriage has a lot of practical applications especially in benefits and in law.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:09:22 AM

More than 99% members are here because their parents decided to marry some 25-35-or say 50 years back.  What would have happened had they followed your theory?
Marriage is not just relation for sex or fun.  It is holy relation between two souls.  Try to understand it.  Though we may have difference of opinion after our marriage; we may have fights; but still do not forget the service the wife or husband provides to spouse in case of any problem.  They are true friends.
Wife or husband if taken as use and through; then definitely no need to marry.  But if one marry with the intentions clear and accepting the partner as life partner; then it becomes very holy relation spending the life ; feeling sense of security that spouse is always there to look after in case of need. 
Kirja

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:21:33 AM

Omg another liberal brain washed?! Marriage in normal democratic countries is based on free will. You can love each other and when you decide, you dont need to marry. Or you can marry and easily divorce if you want.
I dont know from where are you from, but forced marriage only occuring in countries mainly because of faith, muslims etc.
Liberals destroying things, they inventing shits like third gender etc.

dogtana

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:58:05 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Priviledged people sometimes undermine the rights they have. Gay and lesbian people can't get married in many places and there is nothing they wish for more! And it is not because they can't maintain a house alone or raise children alone - it is not very likely they will even be able to raise children in any kind of way!

Marriage is not solely for the purpose of having a family. There are married people who don't want and will never have children or can't have them (is their marriage void now because the purpose can't be reached - of course not).

It is also about companionship, commitment, mutual personal growth - not that marriage is needed for that, but the symbolism alone can be very meaningful and fullfilling for many people. So as long as there are people who want to be married, marriage won't be obsolete.
tightcoat490

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:51:42 AM

I think marriage is a horrible idea that only benefits the female, who gets to take everything and treat the guy as a slave once married.

Nice guys are taken advantage of. Most guys that are willing to marry are nice guys.
dogtana

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:00:49 PM

Most guys that think they are nice guys are not really nice guys at all. The true nice guys are usually happy in their marriages and so are their wives.
Marsel12

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:58:00 AM

Priviledged people sometimes undermine the rights they have. Gay and lesbian people can't get married in many places and there is nothing they wish for more! And it is not because they can't maintain a house alone or raise children alone - it is not very likely they will even be able to raise children in any kind of way!

Marriage is not solely for the purpose of having a family. There are married people who don't want and will never have children or can't have them (is their marriage void now because the purpose can't be reached - of course not).

It is also about companionship, commitment, mutual personal growth - not that marriage is needed for that, but the symbolism alone can be very meaningful and fullfilling for many people. So as long as there are people who want to be married, marriage won't be obsolete.

But then tell me why you need to officially register your relationship?
You can just live together, love each other without documenting that you are a couple.
I am not against love, but over time it passes. If you are not married, you can disperse and everything, and not engage in paperwork and the division of property.
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 11:24:54 AM

Societies morels and the family unit are being eroded by a select group of 'gods chosen people' to drive us towards individualism, not getting married, rampant homosexuality, not having children, they are creating a social psychological manipulated shift to shape how we exist.

what's morally wrong is the manipulation of society by insignificant small group of people to further their own agenda.

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 01:15:20 PM

i don't like marriage too but i'm married Smiley

i guess i just want some kids and want my kids to take care of me if ever i'm not able anymore. or they can just assist me in my business. the only i can trust are my kids and i don't mind if they spend all my money so long as they are the ones who spends it. they can forget me if they are not going to take care of me when i'm not able but i'm glad i gave them life. i still am married and with my kids too.

way back marriage is use to bond kingdoms, you can see how genghis khan did it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 06:53:53 PM

But then tell me why you need to officially register your relationship?
You can just live together, love each other without documenting that you are a couple.
I am not against love, but over time it passes. If you are not married, you can disperse and everything, and not engage in paperwork and the division of property.

Separations are messy, with or without marriage, especially after a long relationship there will be inevitable property disputes. Calling it something else instead of marriage isn't gonna make the problem disappear.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

You have kids? I bet answer is no.
Emily_Davis

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:58:20 PM

Sorry, but I beg to disagree. Marriage still has a practical need... for those who believe in it, at least. Like myself. I would love to settle down one day and start a family with the person I will eventually marry.

Who says that marriage equals lack of freedom? It's true you sacrifice a few things once you're married, but if you think that it's a burden then yeah, you probably shouldn't marry. Also, love does live long. You probably haven't met someone you'd want to spend the rest of your life with.

Abandon marriage? No way Jose! Marriage is a choice. If a couple wants to get married, let them. If they don't, then fine. But it will never be obsolete.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

The family unit is the foundational building block of our society. The concept of marriage being obsolete is post modernist garbage.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

The concept of marriage and what it entails can differ greatly depending on where you live. Certain countries give all the rights to the husband, with the wife potentially trapped in a marriage she doesn't want to be in, others relatively 'equal' rights. It is generally not about the marriage itself, but the laws of the country where the married couple reside which make the difference. I have not personally got married yet, but have absolutely nothing against the concept.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:08:35 AM

jes and no,

both is possible

both can be good both can be bad.

regards

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:27:43 PM

Well, guess what? That's been tried already.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1926/07/the-russian-effort-to-abolish-marriage/306295/

Men took to changing wives with the same zest which they displayed in the consumption of the recently restored forty-per-cent vodka.

'Some men have twenty wives, living a week with one, a month with another,' asserted an indignant woman delegate during the sessions of the Tzik. 'They have children with all of them, and these children are thrown on the street for lack of support! (There are three hundred thousand bezprizorni or shelterless children in Russia to-day, who are literally turned out on the streets. They are one of the greatest social dangers of the present time, because they are developing into professional criminals. More than half of them are drug addicts and sex perverts. It is claimed by many Communists that the break-up of the family is responsible for a large percentage of these children.)

The peasant villages have perhaps suffered most from this revolution in sex relations. An epidemic of marriages and divorces broke out in the country districts. Peasants with a respectable married life of forty years and more behind them suddenly decided to leave their wives and remarry. Peasant boys looked upon marriage as an exciting game and changed wives with the change of seasons. It was not an unusual occurrence for a boy of twenty to have had three or four wives, or for a girl of the same age to have had three or four abortions. As the peasants of Borisovo-Pokrovskoie bitterly complained: 'Abortions cover our villages with shame. Formerly we did not even hear of them.' But the women, in self-defense, replied: 'It's easy for you to talk. But if you just tried to bear children yourselves you would sing a different song.'

I was once discussing the subject of frequent divorces with the president of a village soviet. 'What makes women get divorces?' I asked him. Just then a girl about eighteen years old entered the room. 'Here is our latest divorcee,' said the president laughingly. ...
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:44:21 PM

As I said in another thread, it's a completely outdated institution, but if you want to get married then go ahead. Marriage would serve me absolutely no purpose at all.

The family unit is the foundational building block of our society. The concept of marriage being obsolete is post modernist garbage.

Lol. Are you religious by any chance? Stop being a dinosaur. Marriage is just a word. It means nothing other than being a legal contract. With or without it provides no guarantees of a family or society staying together.

Sorry, but I beg to disagree. Marriage still has a practical need... for those who believe in it, at least. Like myself. I would love to settle down one day and start a family with the person I will eventually marry.

Why not just settle down with that person. Marriage isn't a need at all. It's just a word and a childhood fantasy for most -- especially women. If you love some one and want to be with them until 'death do you part' then you can do all that without marriage.
gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:23:44 AM

Everyone is a magnetic field, and only a stable magnetic field can make you spend your life. Of course, this is not absolute, except that their wives also have other women with magnetic fields. But people usually have to know how to be grateful. Marriage is responsible, and those without responsibility are always selfish.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: