Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCom was intentional, p2p msg was desperation, Dorian is a genius mastermind  (Read 3681 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:21:24 PM

I think it's obvious what happened.  When he first posted the original paper, there were lots of small cryptocoin systems out there.  If you read the message board you can see comments from other people working on other systems, but not with a blockchain.

Later on, bitcoin blows up and he decides anonymity would be better, and eventually leaves the project.

His brother said he suffered a stroke, and it may be that he's no longer as smart as he used to be. It's also possible he forgot the passwords to his crypographic keys. That might be one reason why he might not want to come forward - if he'd lost the keys he could be extremely embarrassed.

Baseless speculation. Satoshi tried hard to be anonymous from the very beginning, he never gave any personal info despite people asking from early on and always used anonymizing techniques. Furthermore, thinking that a system like Bitcoin could come out of the blue from someone who never published before any work related to cryptography/electronic cash (and not a single blog post or mailing list mail) is beyond naive.

DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

I wish Satoshi had not used a real name.  This was all avoidable by using something unique, or even common, but not a legal\birth name for anyone.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:53:57 PM

I think it's obvious what happened.  When he first posted the original paper, there were lots of small cryptocoin systems out there.  If you read the message board you can see comments from other people working on other systems, but not with a blockchain.

Later on, bitcoin blows up and he decides anonymity would be better, and eventually leaves the project.

His brother said he suffered a stroke, and it may be that he's no longer as smart as he used to be. It's also possible he forgot the passwords to his crypographic keys. That might be one reason why he might not want to come forward - if he'd lost the keys he could be extremely embarrassed.

Baseless speculation. Satoshi tried hard to be anonymous from the very beginning, he never gave any personal info despite people asking from early on and always used anonymizing techniques. Furthermore, thinking that a system like Bitcoin could come out of the blue from someone who never published before any work related to cryptography/electronic cash (and not a single blog post or mailing list mail) is beyond naive.

Right, no personal information - except his actual name.

There are two possibilities here.  Dorian, or he's not.  But if he's not, what's the plausible explanation for how Satoshi ended up using Dorian's birth name as his pseudonym? Just by picking random syllables? Originally, I assumed that's how he got it - but there are only a few Satoshi Nakamoto's in the world, and one of them just happens to be a software developer who used to work on classified projects for the government - it just seems incredibly unlikely.

That Dorian released bitcoin using a slight variation of his own name, not expecting it to become anything major and being taken aback when it did - seems more plausible. There's also the question of whether or not he had a stroke in the intervening years. His brother said he had one - but not when.

BruceFenton

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:51:47 PM

If this guy says he is not, as far as I am concerned he is not.

The only Satoshi I'll acknowledge is one who WANTS to be found and proves such with his PGP key or a signed transaction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:51:52 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 08:50:30 PM by Rampion

I think it's obvious what happened.  When he first posted the original paper, there were lots of small cryptocoin systems out there.  If you read the message board you can see comments from other people working on other systems, but not with a blockchain.

Right, no personal information - except his actual name.

There are two possibilities here.  Dorian, or he's not.  But if he's not, what's the plausible explanation for how Satoshi ended up using Dorian's birth name as his pseudonym? Just by picking random syllables? Originally, I assumed that's how he got it - but there are only a few Satoshi Nakamoto's in the world, and one of them just happens to be a software developer who used to work on classified projects for the government - it just seems incredibly unlikely.

That Dorian released bitcoin using a slight variation of his own name, not expecting it to become anything major and being taken aback when it did - seems more plausible. There's also the question of whether or not he had a stroke in the intervening years. His brother said he had one - but not when.

Satoshi Nakamoto is not an uncommon japanese name. The only "strong" evidence in Dorian's case is that his real name is in fact "Satoshi Nakamoto", if his real name was another one everybody would be laughing at this story. The second "strong" evidence is that Dorian "tacitdly admitted" his involvement in Bitcoin, which is clearly a bad joke and an offense to everyones intelligence. For Christ sake, Dorian is not even a cryptographer, he is a physicist, his case is just based on very circumstancial evidence and wild speculation - the fact the journalist didn't even make textual analysis based on the emails she exchanged with him is very telling.

You can bet Dorian != Bitcoin's Satoshi Nakamoto.

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

also look at his face, he was having lots of fun

Because pfff == fun

mz1000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ecEsX1o.png
bloodmark

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:25:28 PM

What's most important to the man at the time Satoshi Nakamoto was revealed to the world??!

"I want my free lunch. I'm gonna go with this guy!"

Such geniusness, to throw everyone off the trail, making them think he just wants free lunch out of this!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: