Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is death really?  (Read 578 times)
redlips06 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:20:10 PM

I have been thinking many times about death.. and that scares me only when thinking about the word.
I really don't know how to overcome this fear. Sometimes gets stuck in my mind and i can make all this horrible scenarios where i end up in hell or i wake up in darkness and i can only talk to myself.
Does anyone fear death same as me?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 10:22:58 PM
Merited by xtraelv (1)

I have been thinking many times about death.. and that scares me only when thinking about the word.
I really don't know how to overcome this fear. Sometimes gets stuck in my mind and i can make all this horrible scenarios where i end up in hell or i wake up in darkness and i can only talk to myself.

When you die, you no longer exist.  You won't wake up.

I don't fear death - I just don't want to suffer before I die.  But in the end, it doesn't really matter.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:01:30 PM

You're just a machine that is going to run out of battery with the electrical things on it already fried.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:26:38 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

If you fear death, perhaps you can be comforted with the news that there are already researchers doing everything they can to make virtual immortality possible. I've read that they are expecting it to be done within this century. You can have your mind and consciousness uploaded into the internet or something and possibly be able to live like that FOREVER.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:01:08 AM

actually what i think is same as u  Grin
paderobin

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:41:44 PM

I think death has its own path, and fearing death won't make an impact in any body's life. The dead are gone and there's no amount of worries or fear that can  be done to bring back the dead or change anything. 
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:08:06 PM

Nope. Because I believe that one day in my lifetime, some tech giant will invent a technology that can extend my life. Whether it's through biological extension or using a technology, I'm not sure, but I have no doubt that it will happen sooner or later.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3), Vod (3)

The cessation of life and brain function.

Did you fear the time before you were born? Most people probably have some anxiety about death, but it's pointless wasting valuable time and life thinking about the inevitable. Enjoy your life now and don't worry about things you have no control of. I don't believe in heaven or hell but if you're a good person then why worry about the latter? If you're not a good person then work on improving that and maybe that will reduce some of the anxiety you have.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Allcryptos1285

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

Hey mate
I was faced with a problem that currently surrounds you. I found a solution that helped me a lot. but I can not advise him here, so I will write to you personally
BTT4ME

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:34:23 PM

For me, death is the permanent end of life. But will live eternity to where you will be.
MollyWalk01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

I don't like to think about it, because it's so sad. But i hope that we after deaththere is another better life.
georgella

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:52:18 PM

The death is the end of our existence on this earth. i wish death never exist...
tiptravel

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

Remember life before you were born?
I don't remember, and you don't.
Here is after death will, too, most, trust me
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:07:50 AM

Remember life before you were born?
I don't remember, and you don't.
Here is after death will, too, most, trust me

Just because you don't remember your womb life now doesn't mean that you didn't remember it earlier but forgot about it.

Why would I trust you about an afterlife ? Have you been there and come back ? Why would I distrust science and instead trust some random dude on the internet?

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:14:41 AM

https://xkcd.com/659/

There's an XKCD for everything.

JosefinaMallari

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:23:55 AM

fact of dying or being killed. but all of us will gonna reach these one day
elenadivats@yandex.ru

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:49:37 PM

Actually there were the time I’ve been thinking really a lot about death. I feared to being alone, to die alone, to die with the feeling that I’ve done really nothing in my whole life. But now I just think that everything has an end and the only thing you can do is stay strong and not to fear the end.
So death for me is when you meet the end and you're like 'OK, well, this is the end of me'
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:32:50 PM

I think for many people the older they get the more they worrie and get a bot of deze around it.....
like 50+ peoples sometimes see old friends get sick or die young age.... so i understand it would play in peoples mind
(@ the same time its also very personal-religion related in many cases etc )

I would say do not think to much on what you absolutly cannot change

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:45:19 AM

Believe everything is asked by these questions, and everyone is afraid, just not everyone is talking about it. There is no evidence that there is hell or paradise or anything at all. It seems to me that after death there is nothing at all, namely emptiness
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:30:26 AM

Usually they say, if you're afraid of death, you probably haven't lived life to the fullest. So, while you're alive, live a good life. Don't procrastinate on things that you ought to be doing now,. Be good to people. If there's anything you want to try out (skydiving, etc), go have fun, try it out and enjoy life. Don't worry about what happens after you die. That's another world and no one knows.

Now if it helps to ease a little bit, there are some virtual reality research going on to "preserve" you in virtual space, a concept of virtual immortality. I know it sounds a little crazy, but if immortality eases the thought of death for you, hope that could help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: