Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers on Spreadsheets  (Read 834 times)
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:31:36 PM

Most of the popular bounty spreadsheet has this types of problems. You can't stop them to steal your information, but bounty manager can help you to remove the cheater entries. That's why you must be careful about your work. Many people only keep doing works, they don't look after the stakes or these things! And they fall into the scam!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:36:36 PM

I think you just have to get used to the fact that scammers surround us absolutely everywhere. I already got used to all the actions, during participation in a bounty to photograph that then there were no excess problems
You are right it means where ever you go, what ever you are doing scammers are always IN, if they can see a good opportunity on it like if it involves money. We all kmow we cannot stop them but we can prevent to ride on it with our business and transaction because they will hit for them to gain, just like taking advantages to the poor one.
slightmoon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 07:43:13 PM

Now, It's very common now. Even Bounty manger easily catch them. Just in the case of poor bounty management they get something. Except this case no loss for real bounty hunters. More we try to stop the scammers they make new more was to cheat lol. I don't think it's gonna end or someone stop. Just we need to take care of all the things.  Smiley

proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:46:43 PM

yes and yeas, scamer everywhere.
cryptocurrency need a help to find out and kick scamers in here.
This is a pathetic situation for bounty hunters across all cryptocurrency forums.
This can be handle by the Bounty Managers by providing no room for any sort of change of ETH address after the end of Bounty program.
Whosoever found cheating should be tag or Ban for about 3Months.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:02:15 PM

Regardless of the strict rule given on bounties, scammers are increasing the more. the one I discovered recently is that hunters who are not qualify for some good bounties now use other hunters details to submit their work. when I saw this on a spreadsheet yesterday I am so surprised to see my details submitted on the same spreadsheet twice. What is really happening? Is there a way to block these scammers out?

In most cases, these scams can easily be identified and blocked from participation in the bounty. Including multiple inputs. As a last resort, KYC may be requested.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:08:52 PM

Regardless of the strict rule given on bounties, scammers are increasing the more. the one I discovered recently is that hunters who are not qualify for some good bounties now use other hunters details to submit their work. when I saw this on a spreadsheet yesterday I am so surprised to see my details submitted on the same spreadsheet twice. What is really happening? Is there a way to block these scammers out?
This type of fraud on the part of the participants of this forum has been used for a long time. With such fraudsters easy to handle. First of all, in your profile you must specify the address of your wallet. Fraudsters use your profile information, but indicate your wallet address. In principle, it does not threaten you. If the bounty manager does not identify such an account double, you will receive your tokens anyway, and your double will receive the same amount, though without doing anything.
If you saw your double, you need to inform the bounty manager about this, most likely by writing him a personal message in profile. For him to identify fraudsters is very simple: a fraudster is always the one who is listed below in the table. To guarantee and need information in the profile about the address of the wallet, it is for him that the manager will be convinced of the authenticity of the account. Many managers temporarily set accounts in alphabetical order, and then duplicates line up under this account.
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

Hahaha. We use to complain about ICOs scamming bounty hunters. Now even the hunters are scamming hunters.  Grin . Where do we go from here??? You just can't block such scammers because your details are public in the bounty spreadsheets.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:23:41 PM

That's not a big issue, all you need to do is to keep checking the spreadsheet regularly and when you site any form of scamming report to the bounty manager immediately, I'm sure they will work on it

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:33:49 PM

More and more bounty hunters are doing more and more fraudulent activities. They submit someone else's work, they submit the work more than once, they use multi accounts, they use automatic translation tools in translation bounty campaigns and so on.
The job of the manager is to check these activities and get rid of these cheaters.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Terrmit

Activity: 413

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:34:03 PM

Yes, most managers do their job poorly. Because of this, a lot of fraudsters get your rewards. So they can still say that you are a crook and they will bless you.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

This is happening too frequently now. Some persons have even been banned from participating in a campaign on the ground of registering more than once whereas they were not responsible for the multiple registrations.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
Tosin12

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:42:31 PM

One unique method that can permanently remove scammers from bounty spreadsheet is adopting the method of making proof authentication post on the bounty thread, this will cut out all scammers from stealing people's profile information to sign up for bounty campaigns
E_3fff

Activity: 143

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:00:13 PM

Yeah. That must be frustrating. I know what it's like to have someone else steal your intellectual work. For the first time I had it at school, I wrote articles for the newspaper and one day I saw there another name. So often people don't respect the copyright of others

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

Dude scammers everywhere. To be honest, I don’t trust anyone, even proven managers can be paid not fair. So here it is necessary to try and no one needs to count and trust!
lybship53

Activity: 770
Merit: 400

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:04:50 PM

But I do find it strange that the managers themselves do not notice the scam. Although managers are often not members of a team. That's why it happens.
Master1781

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:06:23 PM

Indeed any help to identify scammers is a great thing.

Thanks for providing such awareness and service to the community.
ramsankadirov1345

Activity: 129

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:07:55 PM

That's not a big issue, all you need to do is to keep checking the spreadsheet regularly and when you site any form of scamming report to the bounty manager immediately, I'm sure they will work on it
Maybe for someone it isn't a problem. But personally I appreciate the time and I consider that I shouldn't do work of the manager. Nobody will pay me for it. If I see that the manager badly performs the work, just I try not to participate in his companies.

Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:31:07 PM

Lol, this is not new. Scammers were doing this for years. Submitting other's work to earn some tokens or coins in return. It is just now that it is so rampant and i know that some bounty managers were already aware of this modus and if not, notify them regularly to prevents those scammers getting free tokens.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

Lol. This has been practice by a lot of scammers. So you have to check the spreadsheet as well and search them because those scammers are really smart and coming out with this kind of modus called "impersonating".

The moment you see that you have been impersonated, call the attention of the bounty managers and try to archived the scammers ETH address. It may come with a existing match with someone here in the forum so obviously you can report him/her as trying to cheat that bounty so that he can be tagged.

But I do find it strange that the managers themselves do not notice the scam. Although managers are often not members of a team. That's why it happens.

One reason though is that bounty managers has so many bounties to handle so it really hard for them to easily spot on. That's why some of them are requiring like "Proof of Authentication" to help prevent this kind of scam stunt. But feel free to call their attention if they're not aware of.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:40:38 PM

when I saw this on a spreadsheet yesterday I am so surprised to see my details submitted on the same spreadsheet twice. What is really happening? Is there a way to block these scammers out?
I also have experienced this one where my work was submitted by another person. What i did is inform the bounty manager of the situation and the BM fixed it all along. We should monitor the spreadsheet from time to time to prevent this thing from happening though it's BM's job but we should be aware as well. Hundreds of participants with one or two people doing the monitoring could be hard and a little help from us could ease the burden of the bounty manager and also prevent these scammers to received free money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: