Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC as a Scam  (Read 22266 times)
VisualPleasure

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

kyc will reduce who participant using multi account on campaign, but its look bad if the project not running succes

HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

Yes, at least they could mention that kyc may needed for bounty! Without previous alert, after finishing the bounty they announce KYC needed for hunters! This is just an unprofessional procedure! Though i am not sure is it scam or normal.
I see that this situation causes dissatisfaction with many users of cryptocurrency. Galante hunters should not provide personal data because they are not investors. It seems to me that all these personal data can be sold by the attacker.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:57:01 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.
yes, to reduce fraudulent people, they will use cyc to distribute their coins, and to make things easier, so if there are bounty hunters who don't do their kyc they will lose their coins, and that reduces the amount of coins issued by that project, maybe it just project sense to reduce their coin spending
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:16:18 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.
yes, to reduce fraudulent people, they will use cyc to distribute their coins, and to make things easier, so if there are bounty hunters who don't do their kyc they will lose their coins, and that reduces the amount of coins issued by that project, maybe it just project sense to reduce their coin spending
There's a lots of project which gain success even without KYC, this rules are been added due to a lots of multi accounts participants, they just wanted to protect the project to those abusive people around, but I also agree that it should be informed at the beginning so people who doesn't like to show their
real identity won't bothered to join the campaign and move on to another project where it's not asking for this identification procedures, bounty managers should make a clear stand about this.
Terrmit

Activity: 413
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:22:40 PM

kyc will reduce who participant using multi account on campaign, but its look bad if the project not running succes

Let's not lie to ourselves. KYC - protects? Now to get data on the Internet is very simple. And who will stop it?  Now getting data is not a problem. The more you are supporters of KYC, the more data goes to the Internet.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

KYC is not a scam rather it used to scam scandal.
The trusted team and manager won't let their name destroyed as long as possible because their name represent their personality. Those who scam others by using KYC must be put into prison.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

This is now the battle cry of a bounty hunters that we need to pass the KYC process to get our bounty rewards with just few dollars. We don't know the effect on those data we send to them. What if they will sell it to other groups that deals in black market. It's a high risk but it's our choice to process KYC or let it go with our token.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:32:29 PM

Those stakes probably will be on hold or the manager has the rights to transfer it to anyone or just don't distribute it at all.

This is hard for all of you guys who are bounty hunters especially if they suddenly require each and everyone of you to comply for their KYC. I wouldn't put my identity at risk just for those tokens. I feel the regret of not having those stakes because you worked hard for that but the project management itself has the fault for having a crazy rule of can modify rules anytime they want.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:37:06 PM

There is an element of deception in this case because many can be promoting a said project primarily because there is no need for a KYC and then at the end there can be one required which can be a way to reduce the amount of coins or tokens that the project has to distribute to the bounty hunters. It happened in the past and there is a possibility this is happening today and even into the future. This is the reason why we have to deal with only reputable BM but even then everything really depends on the project team or the developers if they have the word of honor or just bluffing their way to get what they want.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:39:38 PM

Most of the mentioned projects in the OPs post apparently dont do enough research prior to opening their bounty campaign and then when the time comes for distributing the rewards, they poop their pants when they became familiar with potential regulatory violations. So its kinda understandable that at the end they try to enforce the KYC process and consequentially piss off a lot of token hungry bounty hunters.
Tahdayi

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:39:59 PM

I agree, polygamy projects do so , I also think should be warned in advance, a lot of people can not pass kyc and probably will be the best to tell people this

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:16:43 PM

Not necessarily, bounty hunters can buy other people's KYC information. And this is certainly not a good way to limit users to multiple accounts, in this case I'm sure that bounty is a scam

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:20:43 PM

We all know that some of those projects that needs KYC are gonna be scam but also some are not. Nothing changes the only thing about that is the addition of KYC.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:21:07 PM

Of course it is terrible for a company to suddenly change the rules of a bounty campaign.
In the real world, bounty hunters are like freelancers.
Imagine if a company hired you to do some marketing for a month, there typically would be a contract.
And then, when it came time to pay you after you did your work, they suddenly tried to change the deal in the contract.
You could straight up sue them.

But in the crypto world, there are no contracts and companies willingly "hire" bounty hunters that may or may not be scammers themselves.
Well, in the end, if you don't get paid that is terrible.
And if they suddenly jump kyc on you, then walk away.
Yes, you won't get paid, but it is definitely not worth it in any way.

Cryptoboss255

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:36:55 PM

I personally don't see the need of a KYC especially in bounty campaigns I view as a ploy that bounty managers use to cheat bounty hunters of their required tokens because even after successful completion of the KYC it still gets denied and all the work done by the bounty hunter in that particular bounty is all gone and the bounty manager takes over the denied person's tokens.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:47:35 PM

Yes, some projects team members in the first telling not need Kyc but after they telling Kyc is required. Unfortunately, this situation further reduces my confidence in these projects. And if I've joined the bounty campaigns of these projects, I'm going to stop making these campaigns. And i do not joining this project's tokensale. But if I really trust a project, then I do Kyc. Because some projects really good which want Kyc. So i cannot say that every project that wants every Kyc is scam.
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:58:11 PM

Yes, need rules for this. Many of managers/project admin say after the end of Bounty for KYC.
It is just very bad for bounty hunters. Bounty hunters work very hard and if at the last they did not get token it is very bad things.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

I would just avoid any project that requires KYC, there is just too much risk involved.  Your personal information can be sold to criminals and you may become a victim of identity fraud.  I only give my personal information to a few crypto exchanges that I actually trust but there is even a risk involved with that.  Another tactic you have to watch out is when crypto services let you deposit funds without a KYC but once you try to withdraw they do a background check.
alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

I never understood. For projects, they need bounty hunters to help promote and publicize. Why do people who help them promote and promote projects need KYC? If I take part in ICO, I can totally accept KYC. But bounty hunters need KYC, which is really strange. I will not participate in any project that requires KYC.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 03:04:03 PM

I think I agree with your opinion, introducing KYC during the distribution period is not too good , many managers have used this period to deprive bounty hunters their hard earned tokens, it's very unfortunate and i really want them not to continue that unfortunate habit. Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: