Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC as a Scam  (Read 22262 times)
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:27:21 PM

For company to know there customer is not a bad Idea, as  a token holder, either through bounty or  you invest with you money, we are all customer, so KYC is not a bad idea, it also help to reduce the number of scammers involve in bounty as there are several individual with multiple account.
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:28:37 PM

Really?? Am no so sure about that cause i see kyc as a means of knowing your costumer and makes it more legal for costumers or participants to get what they deserve in the appropriate way or manner kyc is no scam for me thanks
But because nowadays there are many people who cheat and require Kyc to worry about the data from these participants being misused and this is certainly very detrimental to investors
Wyndesam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.
Kyc of course when announced at the end of the program then of course it is unpleasant , many people can not pass , I think that if at the beginning announcing that it diminishes a lot of trouble! and advertising becomes more effective

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:28:55 PM

Did you really experience a case like the one you told? KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (KYC) with the aim of knowing one's identity, and monitoring transaction activities. Actually this has a good goal, as long as it's not wrong to use it. Regarding regulations that change in a project, specifically that is indeed the manager's full right. And that's one of the risks for participating participants. Sometimes it looks unfair, but we can't do anything. It was sad and disappointed.
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:57:19 PM

The cryptocurrency market is very young and I do not want to leave my personal data on suspicious sites. No one has yet had time to recommend themselves, to become really hopeful. Therefore, I can not say that KYC is a necessary today.
P.S. Your data may not be in the right hands.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Ryan_Priston97

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:59:10 PM

Well you are right, i know there are projects doing this even now
Andrea_Zeta100

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:14:40 PM

There are a lot of projects that need an KYC of course it is a good idea also to protect their project so that they will know who's dealing with them.But there are some projects that starting from beginning they don't have an KYC required but when it come to the time that they need to distribute the stakes of bounty hunters they are asking for KYC,if the bounty hunter can not comply this where is their stake goes?if the project require an KYC they must announce it from the beginning not in distribution time.

I understand you are upset but that's not the definition of scam...
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:22:41 PM

every bounty manager has to tell at the start of the campaing do bounty hunters need to make KYC or not. and who wants - continues to work.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Dreaman_Fly98

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

they are not being honest but I wouldn't say a scam...
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 05:28:12 PM

Kyc have been abused by some selfish devs and bounty managers to cut off bounty hunters in order not to get their rewards after working hard to promote the project. It's very bad and I hope devs and bounty managers should be transparent with their dealings
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:40:22 PM

There is this rule in their bounty that owner and manager have the right to change rule anytime they wanted and you agree with it.  In a project owner perspective, requiring KYC not only supply them an information about people and a list of leads if they have other activities that need audience and more, it removes the chance of these bounty cheaters of successfully exploiting the bounty program.

In short in participating in this kind of bounty where there is this kind of rule, you have no way to argue with their implementation.  Better avoid this kind of bounties if you do not want to abide by what you have agreed with.
Dobolen

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

It's better to be careful with KYC procedures, indeed many projects now use KYC. And some of your projects that use KYC will be announced at the end of the campaign when they will receive compensation. If you do research and KYC is very good to do. Of course, you have to do it so you can get rewarded.

DEFLEXCHANGE   is the First Deflationary Cryptocurrency Exchange
https://www.deflexchange.com
MCJamison1987

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

KYC issue has been going on and on for the past few months.
KYC is indeed unnecessary for tiny rewards that they give
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:59:23 PM

I participate in the bounty company of a pretty good group of managers and they always inform about whether it will be necessary to pass the KYC or not, or this issue is still under consideration.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
donass1
Copper Member

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:13:55 PM

I am of the opinion that kyc which is an anti money laundering act requirement should only be applicable to ico participants in specific countries. Bounty hunters and Airdroppers should not be subjected to kyc cos they are not buying from the platform with fiat or btc

natumanya

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:22:10 PM

So, many scam campaigns use KYC for fishing, you know. Nobody can't evade this actions, if they would not be careful. Just try to know more about your campaigns.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:32:19 PM

Yes, indeed you are right, if the project intends to be seriously tuned, then yes it can introduce such a procedure, but understand that in any company's bounty it is written that the project can change conditions at any time, so that we are powerless

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
meritbygrace

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:36:29 PM

KYC not a scam,but a way of identification also avoid multiple accounts most from bounty hunters.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Yes, indeed you are right, if the project intends to be seriously tuned, then yes it can introduce such a procedure, but understand that in any company's bounty it is written that the project can change conditions at any time, so that we are powerless
If KYC is related to the bounty hunter, I think that's just to reduce scammers or multiple accounts. So, if we want to get a reward, we must follow the rules well. Whether it's done at the beginning of the bounty or before distribution, we have to do it if we want to get a reward.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
sergoia65

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:43:59 PM

Yes, in those projects in which I participated there were such moments. Admins thus want to weed out the bountists, so as not to pay, as many simply will not notice or will miss this news!

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: