Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:08:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin now a stable coin?  (Read 12875 times)
Questat

Activity: 2870
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:38:47 AM

Nope stable coin cant be a cryptocurrency if it becomes there will no use of investing in it.currently market is moving around one point but in few months it will change so this market can be taken as a opportunities for new crypto investor to invest while btc is low.
Any coin that is listed here https://coinmarketcap.com/ are considered cryptocurrency.
They still use the blockchain, the only difference from the original set up of the market is that it's not volatile.

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:00:17 AM

bitcoin will never be stable because crypto coins like bitcoin will always experience price changes whenever compared to gold, the price is also much better and stable too
Bitcoin is volatile, stable coin is not.
That's the big difference that everyone should understand.
Crypto coins that are not stable coin are good for investment as they grow in value over time, however there is also a risk of losing
since the market is unpredictable and therefore we cannot guarantee a good future of the coins we are investing.

In addition, the market manipulation is happening, it could change the direction of the price movement anytime.
Right stable coin does  not change the price but bitcoin is the most volatile coin which use to rise and fall in price, it is now good time to buy so don’t trust those who are saying bitcoin is stable, rather than considering them or trusting them better if you keep holding and waiting with patience, people actually invest in crypto coin because it makes the price rise and fall very often, volatility of bitcoin is beneficial for us,.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 07:15:13 AM

Pls guys any recommendations on ways forward as regard bitcoin trading?...the coin seem to me now as Tether (USDT )...lol

Bitcoin is the oldest and normal crypto, you can conclude.
And Yes i am completely against the statement that, it is a stable coin.
There are many reasons for which i will conclude that BTC is not stable.
As you can see a lot of price fluctuations from many years and months.
BTC was once 20k usd now it came down and again it's increasing . So nothing can be said on that.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
KlepZ

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:34:02 AM

Very interesting question.

To address it, let’s understand what a stable coin is and why it is stable. A stable coin is backed by something of value that you can exchange it for at will. This is how fiat currencies used to be when they were backed by gold or silver. Even now, Most stable coins are backed by gold and silver. Some are backed by a fiat currency or a basket of fiat currencies, effectively working like an ETF.
tasedijers

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:18:31 PM

Hi traders, how its going? Am I only one who lose money while market pumps?  Smiley
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:34:41 PM

Hi traders, how its going? Am I only one who lose money while market pumps?  Smiley
What type of trading where you on as at the time the Bitcoin pumped? Because if you are a short term trader, I see no reason why you should loose. For me, I didn’t take the profit too when it pumped and I don’t regret it because I am sure, it will come back to whatever prices I didn’t get to catch, and I believe that whatever it is that you have done that made you term your trading as loss when the price of BTC pumped, it is still not too late for you to make corrections to it because we still have a very long way to go in this bull run that we have just set in till we see the very best price of the coin.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:27:37 PM

While market will pump high you will surely change your statement because market pump gives profit, it only takes time but it recovers and once it recover it will give huge profit, price gets sown and it rise higher only without own support if you will think positive then nothing negative will happen to you and at the end you will trade making profit so be positive and never think about lose, as I always expect profit with miner but continues rise in price.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:26:36 AM

Pls guys any recommendations on ways forward as regard bitcoin trading?...the coin seem to me now as Tether (USDT )...lol

Bitcoin is the oldest and normal crypto, you can conclude.
And Yes i am completely against the statement that, it is a stable coin.
There are many reasons for which i will conclude that BTC is not stable.
As you can see a lot of price fluctuations from many years and months.
BTC was once 20k usd now it came down and again it's increasing . So nothing can be said on that.
For now you are right, it’s so glaring that BTC is yet to be a stable coin as we can see lots of price fluctuation in it, the present volatile nature makes it impossible to be a stable coin for now, but it is not impossible for it to be a stable coin in future, there will still be a time in future when Bitcoin will become every high in price and will be difficult for many people to manipulate its price movement, by then it will become stable and finally fulfill its objective of serving as payment utility tool.

People will strictly be using it then for payments and probably store value and this will not be a bad idea at all when the time comes.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:52:36 AM

Nope stable coin cant be a cryptocurrency if it becomes there will no use of investing in it.currently market is moving around one point but in few months it will change so this market can be taken as a opportunities for new crypto investor to invest while btc is low.
Nope, I think you're wrong on this. If we treat Bitcoin truly as a payment coin, it ought to be stable. You wouldn't want a payment coin to fluctuate radically. But the truth remains that we have come to take Bitcoin as more of an asset and investment option than a coin for payment. Again, any thing listed on CMC is a cryptocurrency, either token or coin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 01:59:53 PM

Nope, I think you're wrong on this. If we treat Bitcoin truly as a payment coin, it ought to be stable. You wouldn't want a payment coin to fluctuate radically. But the truth remains that we have come to take Bitcoin as more of an asset and investment option than a coin for payment. Again, any thing listed on CMC is a cryptocurrency, either token or coin.
Because bitcoin is used as trade and currency so it is only natural that prices become volatile and stable, sometimes prices move slowly at certain prices and certain conditions, and sometimes prices move very quickly because of certain things, it is part of a market phenomenon..
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:19:02 AM

I cant agree with you and my opinion is totally opposite of you. Market and coin should be stable for the trader if it cant be stable then only a single coin may stay others should leave because if the main coin cant be stable then there is no meaning of trading on other coins.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 03:57:40 AM

Bitcoin is volatile so we can't say that its price is stable where in fact, its value has been so shaky these days. It's a good coin and has a greater potential than any altcoins but we can't deny the fact that it could drop down to its lowest price anytime. It's also possible to strike higher than our expectations due to its volativity.
Bitcoin is always very volatile and it is very difficult to predict the price to be able to buy or sell. I think this makes this market attract a lot of venture capitalists and help people make money based on that fluctuation. Maybe the traders' analysis is correct but it should only be a reference because this market cannot predict anything correctly and everything can happen unexpectedly.
Aleya

Activity: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 05:28:37 AM

Bitcoin is the most stable coin of all because likely bitcoin get pumping right now. We must need to support bitcoin for its price gonna pump up again last year maybe tgis year is the most special for crypto.

I strongly agreed with you, Bitcoin is the most stable coin. We know that Bitcoin is the best coin in crypto currency world. Without Bitcoin we can not imagine crypto world. Bitcoin is the king all of the coin. Now the price of Bitcoin increasing. We must need to support Bitcoin. It is the life changing coin.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 07:08:06 AM

here's a pretty interesting forecast on this

matter.

Bitcoin Price Prediction 2019 - BTC Price to Touch $23500 in 2019

https://coinswitch.co/news/bitcoin-price-prediction-2019-btc-price-to-touch-23500-in-2019
I guess, the price of $23500 is way too high but I believe that anything is possible in cryptocurrency world. Just like when the 8K rallied into 20K in the yearend 2017. Everybody doesn't expect it will happen that too soon and those that make predictions of bitcoin being near the 20K mark regained reputation. Let's just hope for the best but expect less as what are others saying it.
nara1892

Activity: 1610
Merit: 685

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:20:00 AM

pretty stable and a little crawling up lately
maybe it will jump around in a few months
conditions like this are very good for trading bitcoin-altcoin and when bitcoin to the moon then profits can multiply

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:08:31 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin will be stable for the next 4-5 years. In order to attain the kind of stability that assets like gold has, Bitcoin needs to remove the excess volume from the markets. If you look at the daily volumes, then you can see that somewhere between 5% and 10% of the total supply is being traded every day. This figure for gold is less than 0.5%.
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:14:52 AM

Bitcoin is not a stable currency. Sometimes the market needs silence to prepare for big events. such as Binance Launchpad. It worked very well and the value of Binance is now much higher than the time of the bubble. The value of exchange coins has also increased significantly due to the IEO event.
We cannot ask for the price of Bitcoin to fluctuate much in a day, it will create instability.

Serco

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:55:07 AM

Bitcoin is not a stable currency. Sometimes the market needs silence to prepare for big events. such as Binance Launchpad. It worked very well and the value of Binance is now much higher than the time of the bubble. The value of exchange coins has also increased significantly due to the IEO event.
We cannot ask for the price of Bitcoin to fluctuate much in a day, it will create instability.
if bitcoin price stable on certain level it doesn't mean it be stable currency.investors still wait and see for a while.they wait for trigger and technical confirmation before they continue buying again.and binance could be good example for this condition.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
fndsr

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:18:38 AM

bitcoin is a stable coin and the main coin in trading.  if compared to other coins and tokens, I don't think anyone can compete with bitcoin.  Bitcoin prices are growing steadily

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:01:49 AM

A stable coin? What are your parameters for a stable coin? A coin that jumps 20% in 15 mins cant be termed as stable. You could call it stable with respect to altcoins. But the definition of stable coin is USDT. A coin with little or no fluctuation. BTC is amazing coin for trading with relatively lesser risk than altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: