Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mazacoin: don't believe the FUD  (Read 5622 times)
danonthehill (OP)

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:51:37 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 02:44:58 PM by danonthehill

It is clear from the Indianz article that Ecoffey has another agenda.  He was being disingenuous by suggesting Payu Harris Kimitsu was not a member of the tribe.  All he had to do was a google search to see that Payu has been an activist for many years and had has publicly campaigned on various issues and been involved with various initiatives, the latest of which is Mazacoin.

From Ecoffey's Twitter:  

"Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 26
Looking to start beef with another columnist...let's make each other famous, but I'm L.L. and you are Cannabis. Takers?

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Jan 3
I am becoming increasingly annoyed and turned off by many Native organizations.

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 24
Its all smiles directed at this Native, then they hear hiphop blasting from my ride and it is then time to clutch the purse. Smile back I do

Stop locking up non-violent drug offenders, we really aren't that bad

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 14
Most commonly asked question, "it's your dad running for tribal president?" He isn't buying ads or paying salary. #nocomment

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 10
@bulldawg170 @jessamynduke Me: Single, ivy league educated, boss/buddy #passthedigits"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:29:40 PM

this coin is a scam everyone knows it .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
stan26

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:32:25 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 03:04:21 PM by stan26

Agreement between Payu Harris and David Mills, of the Oglala Sioux Office of Economic Development. The agreement can be downloaded here:

http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/the-memorandum-of-understanding-t10.html

http://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/PROGRAMS_-_SERVICES.html  

gofoter

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

The coin is far from scam.

matthona

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

The article on the Indianz website, which everyone seems to assume is evidence that Mazacoin is a scam appears to have been written by Brandon Ecoffey, a former  high school basketball coach/cocaine addict that conspired to deal cocaine, and was sentenced to 41 months in 2009 for his part in the distribution of 15kg of cocaine on the Reservation. Moreover, Ecoffey had a relatively privileged upbringing having attended Dartmouth college and is the son of a high ranking official in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, so his moral compass is way off. See article or just google it:

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/bia-superintendent-s-son-sentenced-for-drug-conspiracy/article_dacbcd90-d32e-11de-bd3c-001cc4c002e0.html

I seriously doubt that his opinion has any influence on the community, in fact by all accounts, he is a major embarrassment.  To quote from the article:

"Assistant U.S. Attorney Mara Kohn said Ecoffey...lied repeatedly to investigators, minimized his role in the operation, and neglected to mention that he had gotten Vigil a new drug supplier when his old connection stopped selling."

It is clear from the Indianz article that Ecoffey has another agenda.  He was being disingenuous by suggesting Payu Harris Kimitsu was not a member of the tribe.  All he had to do was a google search to see that Payu has been an activist for many years and had has publicly campaigned on various issues and been involved with various initiatives, the latest of which is Mazacoin.

From Ecoffey's Twitter:  

"Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 26
Looking to start beef with another columnist...let's make each other famous, but I'm L.L. and you are Cannabis. Takers?

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Jan 3
I am becoming increasingly annoyed and turned off by many Native organizations.

Its all smiles directed at this Native, then they hear hiphop blasting from my ride and it is then time to clutch the purse. Smile back I do

Stop locking up non-violent drug offenders, we really aren't that bad

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 14
Most commonly asked question, "it's your dad running for tribal president?" He isn't buying ads or paying salary. #nocomment

Brandon Ecoffey ‏@BEcoffeyNSwkly  Dec 10
@bulldawg170 @jessamynduke Me: Single, ivy league educated, boss/buddy #passthedigits"

whether the coin is a scam or not, you making personal attacks against your detractors doesn't exactly make you look any better..... if someone has made false accusations against your coin then point that out, provide facts, and state your counter arguments... to make an entire thread dedicated to an ad hominem attack only goes to make people believe that maybe you can't refute any of the so called FUD

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:01:46 PM

whether the coin is a scam or not, you making personal attacks against your detractors doesn't exactly make you look any better..... if someone has made false accusations against your coin then point that out, provide facts, and state your counter arguments... to make an entire thread dedicated to an ad hominem attack only goes to make people believe that maybe you can't refute any of the so called FUD

I know nothing of this coin or its controversies, however, this is ALWAYS true.

+a lot.

capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:04:14 PM

The devs never said it was officially endorsed by any tribe...the point is to build it up and educate people to using and adopting it.

The Wall Street Journal didn't do the coin any favors by printing that ridiculous headline "Lakota Indians Adopt New Digital Currency" which they've since taken down and replaced with "Lakota Indian Promotes New Digital Currency". That's really where all of this started. They asked the leadership if they have adopted it and they said no. The devs never said they did. And so people cry scam....really dumb.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Where is the attack? I merely reported the facts.
SlidingHorn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

It doesn't necessarily need to be false to be an Ad Hominem attack/logical fallacy.

The point is, you resorted to assaulting their character instead of actually addressing their points and making one yourself.

Edit

Relevant https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

lensgrabber

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:11:54 PM

I wish we had more word from the members of the Nation as well as the entire council as to their opinion of the project.  Has there been anything from them yet?  It looks like if reporters had real interest in this story they would be asking the people it was meant for their opinion.
capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

It doesn't necessarily need to be false to be an Ad Hominem attack/logical fallacy.

The point is, you resorted to assaulting their character instead of actually addressing their points and making one yourself.

And honestly, it's quite pointless to try and paint the messenger in a bad light. What he reported wasn't scandalous...it was irrelevant/pointless. The devs never claimed that it was adopted as legal tender...the WSJ did. Read the article.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:16:00 PM

Please identify the assault on his character.  I was merely paraphrasing what his own father said in the linked article. 
SlidingHorn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:21:20 PM

Please identify the assault on his character.  I was merely paraphrasing what his own father said in the linked article. 

You need to learn what Ad Hominem means.  I even linked you to a dumbed-down explanation which gives a direct example.

danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:21:45 PM

BTW. I am fully versed in logical fallacies.  The whole notion that this was a scam originated from an appeal to argument from authority in relation to the author of the article.  
SlidingHorn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

BTW. I am fully versed in logical fallacies.  The whole notion that this was a scam originated from an appeal to argument from authority in relation to the author of the article.  

Great...you've just provided your first valid defense that I've seen so far...keep going.

Make REAL points now. 

danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:25:14 PM

...and red herring as has been pointed out by others above.  Thanks for the condescension.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:26:57 PM

Great...you've just provided your first valid defense that I've seen so far...keep going.

Make REAL points now. 

No need others have already provided appropriate links to the documents above.
SlidingHorn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:27:31 PM

...and red herring as has been pointed out by others above.  Thanks for the condescension.

Quite welcome  Kiss

danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

FYI:

The agreement between Oglala Sioux Tribe Office of Economic Development & The MazaCoin Development Team consists of:

"JOINT VENTURE

BETWEEN

Oglala Sioux Tribe Office of Economic Development
AND
Bitcoin/Mazacoin Project

1.   PURPOSE OF THE MEMORDANDUM OF AGREEMENT
The purpose of the memorandum of agreement (MOA) is to establish the relationship between the Oglala Sioux Tribe Office of Economic Development, (OSTOED) & Bitcoin/Mazacoin for the purpose of implementing a supportive partnership joining resources.
2.   ESTABLISHMENT OF STRATEGIC PLAN(S), TO ENHANCE DISTRICT DEVELOPMENT.
The Oglala Sioux Tribe Office of Economic Development & the Bitcoin/Mazacoin agree that O.S.T.O.E.D shall serve a supportive Technical Assistance role in the development of Bitcoin/Mazacoin.
3.   REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
The Bitcoin/Mazacoin shall timely file with the Oglala Sioux Tribe Office of Economic Development a monthly report as a cooperative effort to track the progress of Bitcoin/Mazacoin during the time that Bitcoin/Mazacoin is operational.
4.   FACILITY FEES
During the course of said agreement no cost will be incurred for OSTOED technical assistance, as the objective of this venture is to create an investment for the Oglala Sioux Tribe in the crypto currency market to assist with Economic Development on the Pine Ridge reservation.
5.   TERM OF AGREEMENT
Bitcoin/Mazacoin is to be in compliance with all Business development requirements that are established within the Oglala Sioux Tribe. This MOA shall be in effect for one (1) year and shall be considered null and void once the Oglala Sioux Tribe is well established within the crypto currency market.

David T. Mills, Director

Payu Harris, Bitcoin/Mazacoin Owner
"

So it appears both the Wall Street Journal and Indianz.com both could have written are more balanced/better researched article.  I think the Maza team need someone with better PR skills.  I appreciate all their hard work and the fact that Payu Harris has been travelling around and engaged with publicity, and that they have extremely limited resources, but markets are not always logical and often emotional, so they need to get the wording right in all there publicity, otherwise the fear sets in and traders get the jitters.

danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

I wish we had more word from the members of the Nation as well as the entire council as to their opinion of the project.  Has there been anything from them yet?  It looks like if reporters had real interest in this story they would be asking the people it was meant for their opinion.
+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: