Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty projects need to change approach to bounty allocations  (Read 619 times)
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

You have a point. Unfortunately, this may never happen. The only way to ensure this works is by bounty managers developing smart contract addresses to hold bounty allocations in a form of escrow contract address even before the bounty commences. By doing this, there is a guarantee that tokens allocated to the bounty will be completely distributed to qualified hunters accordingly. I know of some organised bounty platforms that are already doing this and its been working out effectively. Hunters should be paid their due for job done and it is completely irresponsible from project developers to try and shortchange Bounty hunters.
lotfipro

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

I think it's a good strategy. I would agree to make pools less but guaranted. Now bountyhunters are working for 'thanks' or five dollars. We need fix pools and escrow.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:28:14 PM

I see ICOs paying the bounty hunters in terms of percentage of money collected and some ICOs pay in bitcoin/eth/altcoins but it's only here on bitcointalk.
geminiboy

Activity: 574

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

Most ICOs clearly specify that there will be a payment if the Softcap is reached, particularly today because most icos put stupidly high hard caps that are impossible to reach.

Grin If you are rich, will you decline a next big profit? Greed is a nature of human. And the excessive hardcaps are seen commonly in current ICOs.
the ambition to pursue a hardcap target that is so high makes many ico fail to achieve it, the investors have lost confidence in the ico project which is rampant in failing hardcap, bounty hunters are always victims of futile work, because bounty allocation is always reduced from the original plan

cute nmp

Activity: 1708
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:46:27 PM

I dont think bounty project have to change their allocation.Most bounties allocation are okay the most commonly occuring issues affecting bounty allocation is the inability of most ico's to reach either softcap nor hardcap which due to the  current market condition some dont reach even soft and the rest of the issues most of the time comes from the bounty managers but wheather these two most  bounty allocation are fair and there is no need to change.

▀███▄     enterapp.io   |   CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK     ▄███▀
▀█▄ ▀█▄          PRE-SALE IS LIVE          ▄█▀ ▄█▀
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

What is reason for big hardcaps? Most projects doesn't really need millions of dollars, I've seen projects that average developer could build for probably couple of thousand dollars. Easiest for them is to have unrealistic hardcap, not to hit it and use it as excuse to lower bounty payments. It is very bad practice.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

I guess it doesn't really become a problem when not reaching hardcap. the most important target of the softcap project already achieved and can be used to continue the project. the allocation to the bounty and other already established and already taken into account even though it did not reach hardcap. does not match what the desirable indeed, but at least it was in accordance with the fair.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:33:45 PM

It is working well now because there is a softcap which is where the bounty will get paid, and it is only around 1 or 2 percent of the supply, not enough to dump the market. If it hits the hard cap, then hodl those coins for a long term gain
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

I think it's a good strategy. I would agree to make pools less but guaranted. Now bountyhunters are working for 'thanks' or five dollars. We need fix pools and escrow.
Escrow will help to avoid such a situation as recently occurred with the Yumerium project. But it does not guarantee us that the project tokens when listed on the exchange will not cost less than on ICO.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Uguande

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:47:02 PM

Escrow - is very good idea. It will guarantee that bounty hunters will get tokens for their work if project hit soft cap. I know several situation when projects didn't pay tokens to bounty hunters, even if this project hit hard cap
Eric

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:51:31 PM

That is very good idea. Yes projects have to create some budget for that. Because if they will not reach their hardcap that is not our problem . We are doing our job and we are spending our time so that is our right. I agree with you . They have to give that money to bounty hunters even they will not reach their hardcap or other caps.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:56:57 PM

I believe that now, in principle, not bad at all except when the managers throw in the arrogant hunters,dynamite,all sorts of ways of coming up to throw hunters and so on,need more honor and more noticed in a falling market starts going on dunno what,everything is cheap,lame distribution,and delayed payment token is on the floor, and more
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

I think funds allocated for bounty campaign should be paid in btc , regardless of whether the project will collect software soft or not, because people are doing their job and it must be paid. Those who do not pay people a salary are fraudsters and they have to be punished for it.

Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:16:53 PM

I think this idea is already in existence, the project had a specific amount of money allocated to bounty even if they only reach soft cap.  Bounty hunters are not paid of soft cap is not reached.

bambuks

Activity: 298
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:23:07 PM

I think soft cap limit for gaining bounty rewards ir fair enough. In my opinion, launching bounty should be at the stage of project when figures already ar coming to gather and you feel some valid proof of campaign getting right way. Like smart contract with bounty manager for transferred tokens for bounty amount!
On other hand, I think bounty manager is also a key factor good result - checking jobs done, banning multiple accounts, updating spreadsheets and be good bridge to any questions relating hunters and project team.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:14:52 PM

This is a trend that happens a lot with bounty campaigns this days for blockchain projects, the truth is if a project doesn't meet its hardcap it is almost impossible to pay out the entirety of the bounty budget.

I think a change of approach should be adopted, projects should have a bounty budget that they will be capable of paying as long as the soft cap is reached.

This may mean a smaller budget but it also ensures hunters don't just join out of greed and spam repeatedly.

At the end everyone is happy
I have not noticed it though. So i do not if i am to say it is trending or not. Most project i have participated in their bounty paid , despite some not reaching their hardcap🙂
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:17:57 PM

I think there should be an instance on Bitcointalk that will only allow the bounty to start, when at least 30-40 percent of the bounty budget by middle man are. It would guarantee that the hunters will get at least something.

miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:22:46 PM

On the one hand, it would be fair. But on the other hand, if the project will collect hard cap, bounty hunters could get more coins. It seems to me that nothing should be changed. What is now very familiar and good for us.

Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:28:31 PM

If the project is good and promising, he will not leave bounty hunters without remuneration. I think if the team would have such money, they would be able to order advertising from some well-known bloggers and perhaps it would bring more benefit to the project.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 11:17:00 PM

This is a trend that happens a lot with bounty campaigns this days for blockchain projects, the truth is if a project doesn't meet its hardcap it is almost impossible to pay out the entirety of the bounty budget.

I think a change of approach should be adopted, projects should have a bounty budget that they will be capable of paying as long as the soft cap is reached.

This may mean a smaller budget but it also ensures hunters don't just join out of greed and spam repeatedly.

At the end everyone is happy

The allocation is already small go check ICO's allocation for bounty hunters some are only giving 2% of the supply so you want to lower to something like 0.05% but guaranty to get paid even though it's a failed project, go join that kind of ICO I will stay or looking for a good ICO with fair allocation.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: