Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you cash out your bitcoins for Black Friday?  (Read 1003 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:59:29 AM

No man, I am not cashing out Bitcoin just to shop on Black Friday. The discounts are good, but I will just use fiat which is not as valuable as my Bitcoin. It doesn’t make sense to sell my Bitcoin at such low price.

Perfectly understandable, but know that you don't have to use your own coins for that. In some cases there are deals that only apply to Bitcoin, which actually are pretty decent mostly, so what you do is buy Bitcoin with fiat (probably better to do in advance? not sure how easy it is for you to buy Bitcoin), then buy whatever you need/want with these Bitcoins. I already bought the coins I plan to spend. Burn fiat. Support Bitcoin.

Yes, there might be some volatility in the runup to black friday, but we're likely in a tight range similar to $6000-$6500 that we've been in all year.
RonF

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

HODL is the key to wealth

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

I bought ALOT of Bitcoin at about $250 each several years ago and then got a bunch of free BitCoin Cash.  The current value is still a massive increase over what I paid for it.

The answer is to HODL.  HODL.  HODL.  Go ahead and panic sell if you want but this is not the way to go if you want to see your life stance changed if/when Bitcoin again shoots high.

HODL is the key to wealth
jooj2

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:17:22 PM

I will not casho out any of my bitcoin a this stage.
I will just keep holding for it and wait until the market is good.
I am on the track now where i will sell my BTC at 15,000 USD and buy back at 12K.
then sell again at 22K usd, this is my track which i know will be good iun the future!

How do you know that the BTC price will rise to 15,000 USD and when you expect this will happen?

Do you have reliable sources for this information?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:53:46 PM

I usualy use Bitcoins in everyday life to make a purchase. But I don't exchange it for fiat, I have Bitcoin debit card and that makes shoping much more easier.
While these debit cards are quite handy because of their much wider level of adoption, and you don't have to cash out coins to fiat yourself, you aren't actually spending your Bitcoins, but still fiat, which is important to know.

In the background the debit card provider converts your coins to fiat, then settles the payment in fiat. The only thing you see happen is that they deduct Bitcoin from your balance every time you conduct a payment.

As far as OP goes, it makes no sense to cash out anything at this stage. I mean, if you really need the funds, then do it, but the real black friday deal is the current Bitcoin price, so use fiat to buy Bitcoin instead of stuff you don't need.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

I will not cash out bitcoin for black friday because this is not the right time for me to cash out all i will do now is to hold till when the price is ok for me

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

I will not cash out bitcoin for black friday because this is not the right time for me to cash out all i will do now is to hold till when the price is ok for me
Yes we needbti hold bitcoin today because of its price i also did not cash out bitcoin for bleach Friday. Our patience today is needed because we need to wait for the bull run or the rising of its price. Bitcoin will soon rise and it can be more profitable if we do hold it on this dip because if we are going to cash it out we cannot benefit on it when time comes that the price will rise.
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 09:16:14 PM

I see a slight drop in the price in the last couple of days and that made me think, why this might happen now.  Huh My best

guess is that a lot of people might be converting bitcoins to fiat to enable them to buy cheap goods at retailers that are not

offering Bitcoin payments. Will you also cash out some bitcoins to shop at Walmart or Amazon or whatever retailer you shop

at, that are giving these massive discounts? This will surely explain the drop in the price, a week before Black Friday

starts.  Huh

I see no other major announcement that would explain the recent drop in the price.  Angry

another Try to explain what is happening؟
I think your explanation is incorrect for many reasons mentioned by some young people
I think a hard fork for bch one of reasons
Some whales also practice their hobby in catching the Sell panic.
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:25:15 PM

I see a slight drop in the price in the last couple of days and that made me think, why this might happen now.  Huh My best

guess is that a lot of people might be converting bitcoins to fiat to enable them to buy cheap goods at retailers that are not

offering Bitcoin payments. Will you also cash out some bitcoins to shop at Walmart or Amazon or whatever retailer you shop

at, that are giving these massive discounts? This will surely explain the drop in the price, a week before Black Friday

starts.  Huh

I see no other major announcement that would explain the recent drop in the price.  Angry

I don't think the drop in bitcoin has anything to do with black Friday. The vast majority of stores that support this global action do not accept bitcoin as payment, and therefore the flow of bitcoin as a means of payment remains at the same level as it was. The fall is due to completely different reasons.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:26:14 PM

for now no, now is the best moment not to buy anything on black Friday, and now is the time to buy as much BTC as possible to face this bull run that will take place at the end of 2018
BTC movement will be very crucial in the next few weeks, because everyone bet their money for BTC and profit

worldofcoins

Activity: 1876
Merit: 435

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

No, I don't see why would anyone sell out their coins for Black Friday, it's just stupid, first because you shouldn't invest what you can't afford second Black Friday is not that big of a deal to me anyways.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:50:48 PM

Not at all because the price of bitcoin has gone down. I would rather purchase items with any available fiat currency that i may have in my possession and wait for the price of bitcoin to increase to about $7k US. I don't see the reason why people would want to cash their bitcoins into fiat currency to make transactions at this current price of bitcoin.

kotajikikox

Activity: 2408
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:02:42 PM

Bitcoin is volatile, and can easily rise and crash without good/bad news. We can think of reasons and speculate on why prices move such directions, but there's really no way to know for sure.

As a Legendary member that has been here since 2014, you should probably know this by now.

That's truely and correct mate we all should knows bitcoin is high volatile cryptocurrency, the up and down without notice to the public every seconds or minutes bitcoin price have a chance to goes up or dump their m
Value at coinmarketcap.

No need to scary for this scenario last couple of day and until now bitcoin are in the lower prices people still hoping and waiting for the stabilization.

Marbelli

Activity: 182

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:20:37 PM

stupid to cash out cryptocurrency at such a low price. it seems to me that investors will not do it

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:23:16 PM

I'm not planning to spend my coins at such low price. I have my limits. I used to be undecided when we were at 6k USD, but now... Now we're at the lowest point for over a year. We went back to prices from early November 2017, but now we're closer to the end of the month than to the beginning and we haven't jumped back up. Selling and losing opportunity for a rocket to the moon in December would make me sad.
Speaking of Black Friday discounts, Bitcoin is at -80% at the moment. That's what I call a great buy!

Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:28:10 PM

No man, I am not cashing out Bitcoin just to shop on Black Friday. The discounts are good, but I will just use fiat which is not as valuable as my Bitcoin. It doesn’t make sense to sell my Bitcoin at such low price.

Perfectly understandable, but know that you don't have to use your own coins for that. In some cases there are deals that only apply to Bitcoin, which actually are pretty decent mostly, so what you do is buy Bitcoin with fiat (probably better to do in advance? not sure how easy it is for you to buy Bitcoin), then buy whatever you need/want with these Bitcoins. I already bought the coins I plan to spend. Burn fiat. Support Bitcoin.

Yes, there might be some volatility in the runup to black friday, but we're likely in a tight range similar to $6000-$6500 that we've been in all year.
Actually we dont need to spend money on black friday, that is not mandatory and we must always budget our money or manage it well, because if we spend more to nonsense things and when emergency comes. It will be a big problem. Instead why not spend only few depending on what is you really needed in your life and save the other money.
messito

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:33:00 PM

I personally plan to withdraw some amount from cryptocurrency and purchase goods at good discounts

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 2148

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:56:40 PM

No, I won't, and I don't believe in this theory that Bitcoin slightly falls on holidays because people cash out to buy stuff - it's probably more of a coincidence and the usual attempt to find explanation for Bitcoin price changes. The reason why I think it's wrong is because few people hold 100% of their saving in crypto, so there's actually no need for them to cash out their coins, because they have enough fiat. And the price is influenced by traders rather than users, so again, I doubt that traders need to cash out to buy presents. Perhaps traders are selling because they won't be trading on holidays so they don't want to risk losing money if a price drop happens during that time.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:27:43 AM

Is Black Friday the explanation behind the mistery? Well, I'm not sure about it, anyway I'm not going to cash out my money because of this particular event. And I believe if people want to spend some extra cash with Black Friday they won't sacrifice a lot of money from their BTC investment to do this... That would be insane.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:58:56 AM

No announcements that would dump the price? I guess the OP isn't following crypto news with all of the bitcoin cash battles. I wouldn't cash out now, it's crazy when the market is this low

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:26:44 AM

i will not cash my bitcoin
but when black Friday prices will definitely fall
so everyone doesn't need to panic
people will sell their bitcoin to buy cheap goods when black friday

First of all, I will tell you that Black Friday is the greatest fraud in the world. It only seems that you win something and buy the cheapest stuff. In reality, you leave all the money in the stores and buy unnecessary things.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: