Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:34:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If an ICO team is anonymous, is it a scam?  (Read 4361 times)
Moxivuki

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:05:29 AM

The team's information is also the basis for identifying the authenticity of the project, as many project teams have always been loyal to other products!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

It is wrong to say for all icos that they are scam if the ico team is anonymous. But still it is better to stay away from them. I personally would like to know who's behind the project.

cryptorima

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:26:17 AM

I can not say anything good about this situation, but I would advise you to stay away from this type of ico projects. Because this type of anonymous team ico can scam easily and you can face many losses.
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

I can not say anything good about this situation, but I would advise you to stay away from this type of ico projects. Because this type of anonymous team ico can scam easily and you can face many losses.
right, even though the project isn't necessarily a scam but it's better to avoid it. because even a project looks good, it is not always guaranteed to give you an advantage, especially if the project is anonymous, the possibility of fraud is very large.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:24:05 AM

Whether anonymous or not is not a guarantee that an ICO will not be a scam, afterall the foremost mention of cryptocurrency was presented as anaynous development and it was a success, currently a lot of developers even with the massive technocrats as presented to us as the team eventually can still die off.

TKarollah

Activity: 560

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:30:06 AM

The ICO includes funding from the public and the founders and teams must be clear, if that is the case, obliged to convince them to use an experienced escrow to avoid the worst, but I disagree with the ICO team's anonymity because anyone can make it and half of the same ICOs intend to cheat. It's better to leave projects that aren't clear like that.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:40:17 AM

There are a lot of fraudulent ICOs with fake teams. Therefore, before investing in ICO, you need to carefully investigate the team. This is one of the most important factors predicting how the token will work and whether the project will be successful.
trust09man

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:05:38 PM

One thing to notice here is that they haven't really launched the project yet, its mostly still just marketing. But apart from all that you have mentioned, one thing to notice would be their honest response. I mean there's no harm waiting for an official launch and maybe that would give more clarity whether the project is genuine.
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:15:58 PM

Oh, yeah definitely, it is a scam.
If they are legit and they want to develop a honest good project why they should keep their IDs hidden?

Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:17:06 PM

ICO with anonymous team is absolutely scam they are just disappear after thier ICO better to ignore the ICO project without a team but also becarefull before investing because many ICO nowadays have a team but they are not legit better to investigate them before imvesting.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:14:27 PM

I don't believe ICO with anonymous team with several exceotions. One example is Bitcoin. It is absolutely anonymous even after 9 years of investigations.
Nivugas

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:18:22 PM

This is very suspicous to say the least and that may be a sign that a project is a scam.
Ulumorzki

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

Well, in my opinion it is better that you know the identity and achievements of the team members of an ICO. It will help you decide if you will participate to an ICO or not if you know the background of the team.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░           UBEX           ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓

▓██████████████████░░           Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange           ░░██████████████████▓

▓███░    • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github    ░███▓
magnat7691

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

It is not clear why the team should remain anonymous when people want to know whom they trust in their investments.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

Just skip that project you will waste your time and money. How can people trust put their money to anonymous team? No one will trust it. Scam attempt is too strong just leave it. Next time check the team behind project its very important.

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:48:43 PM

Just skip that project you will waste your time and money. How can people trust put their money to anonymous team? No one will trust it. Scam attempt is too strong just leave it. Next time check the team behind project its very important.
It is true, now see any ico with obscure team that joined it could be a scam. I think a project like that will not get investors, because team ico developer it is very important and one of which is considered by investors.

Ladysmith (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:12:11 PM

We can't call them scam until  they runaway with your investment, there's a big risk investing with project without knowing the team behind, you should think a lot before you will try making investment, even working products has been offered and future success might be reached you still need to do a
hard research and good analysis before making any decisions.

Good advice right here. I do consider the working product to be the most important thing to analyze and see whether or not it's actually bringing anything valuable and new to the table, but a well-rounded analysis is always a good idea.

In their case the working product is a distributed exchange network and escrow system, which has been attempted multiple times and failed. First project that does take the cake will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:46:52 PM

Not necessarily, but there are a lot of bad nut among us so nobody trust anyone. Also one might ask why do you hide your identity if you think your intentions are clear and you are in for a good work.

Devawnm367

Activity: 1036
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:58:14 PM

This is true satoshi still remains anonymous. My personal opinion is if the team remain anonymous then it can be shady, but I also understand the conflict of interest part.

My question is is a KYC (Know Your Customer) required? 

I recently read a post about why is there a KYC but the team is not required to do a KYT (KNOW YOUR TEAM)

DOES YOUR PROJECT REQUIRE A KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER? IF SO WHO ARE YOU TO ASK THE PARTICIPANTS FOR THEIR IDENTITY, BUT YOU REFUSE TO GIVE YOURS?

THE REASON I JOIN CRYPTO IS TO KEEP MY MONEY HIDDEN AND TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS. IF I MUST SEND IN MY IDENTITY, THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS BEING USED FOR? THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF ANONYMITY.

YOU SHOULD SHARE A COUPLE OF YOUR KEY MEMBERS BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT JUST PLAIN LOOKS LIKE A SCAM.

IF YOUR MEMBERS ARE AS AMAZING AS YOU SAY, IT SHOULD BRING IN MORE CONTRIBUTORS.  MORE MONEY AND AN EVEN LARGER COMMUNITY.

HIDING IT AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR PROJECT JUST SHOWS YOUR ARE GOING TO TAKE THE MONEY AND THEN HIDE!!!!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
flysats

Activity: 329

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

Maybe 2 years ago it can be a good ICO. But today I don't invest in the anonymous because count of scam projects it giant. And in my research one of the key stones is a team check: who, where, how, why. If team want to be anon they must find money in other sources

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: