Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If an ICO team is anonymous, is it a scam?  (Read 4354 times)
Liklopor

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:37:08 PM

it doesn't necessarily turn out to be a Scam. you will not be able to find out whether the new ICO will be a fraud or not.
MathiasCrow

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:40:52 PM

I believe displaying info about the team doesn`t make the project a auto non-scam for several reasons.
First of all, how can you be sure that these people are real? Photoshop is still a thing, as well as fake accounts on LinkedIn.
Then, what`re gonna do after they run away with your money? Trace those people and lodge a lawsuit? See point above, nothing prevents people of the project from being fake personalities.
ICO teams are in perfectly safe position here: we can do nothing to them, the only action available is to invest or not. We`re basically entrusting them with our money with no safety-trigger.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:19:22 PM

Probably Yes. In any case, it is extremely dangerous to invest in such ICO. People who want to create a good project, they have nothing to hide. They should not hide behind anonymity.
goolesby

Activity: 574

Gistcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:28:56 PM

Actually, showing the team member clearly will really ensure us to see who are behind the projects. It will increase the credibility and trust from the investors. Anonymous team will affect to the lack of trust from the investors to invest in the project. But, I ever participate in one ICO with anonymous team. I was very worried. But, the project was real and now it has been listed. But, I cannot determine that it will be OK for others. Just be careful.

zurc

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

SOKOS.io

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:36:31 PM

It's a 100% scam because they are afraid to get caught in action and it is their strategy to avoid punishment. if the team really wants to make their project successful then they should show themselves and participate in summits, blockchain forums and etc and it will lead them as strong team.

TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:37:57 PM

I recommend you to not spend your money into ICO project that doesn't have transparency about the team. It's better if the project reveal their Team identity, especially their CEO or Founder. It's should be have less probability to be a scam project, in my opinion, especially if the project doing Roadshow/Interview/Meet up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
kopisusu

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:44:31 PM

bounties that don't publish their team in my opinion are not problem, as long as they want to be transparent in sales such as publishing etherscan and are actively telegram to answer all people's questions, but all return to each person to join or not
ridho002

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:45:35 PM

Actually, showing the team member clearly will really ensure us to see who are behind the projects. It will increase the credibility and trust from the investors. Anonymous team will affect to the lack of trust from the investors to invest in the project. But, I ever participate in one ICO with anonymous team. I was very worried. But, the project was real and now it has been listed. But, I cannot determine that it will be OK for others. Just be careful.
Right, Anonymous team in an ICO not making the reason for claim that project is a scam. In fact, there are some real ones, only the risk of the possibility that the project will escape investors money is higher, because they are hidden, so it is difficult to trace. And although the project is real, people will always feel worried.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 778
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:50:44 PM

I can recommend to skip ICO with the anonymous team because you can loose your invested money. Don't risk your money if you're not sure about the project. Satoshi didn't raise money!
I agree with this anonymous team is hard to believe better choose to play safe than lose money, but if you trust the project go ahead because not all anonymous team is scam, i already join with 1 project with anonymouse team and success. The point is always do own research before invest in ICO
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 11:59:36 PM

Yes, in most, if not all cases, an ico with an anonymous team will always end up to be a scam project. If you are genuine, why will you need to hide your profile?

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Enzos

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:22:57 AM

Developer team anonymity usually increases the risk rate, but there may be very few projects that need to do so. Usually I don't choose to invest in such ICO, including public ones. Because the scammers can swindle in a big way, no one can object to them.

chidi6957

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:11:12 AM

For any team to be anonymous, there is very tendency that it will and scam. I mean its a very high risk cos they are bidding under the mask. And looking at the high rate of scam projects this year, I don't think its a risk worth taking
sammiu0612

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:19:21 AM

There are many ICOs, you should  pick up some of the best projects. Why did you choose the anonymous project? The rate you cheated is higher than the transparency project.

WE ARE LIKER
Blockchain platform that combines Education & Technology
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:48:23 AM

If the team anonymous and they doing ICOs, i am better not join in their ICOs. We should careful before join in some ICOs and good team is one important factor why we join in the ICOs. Better choosing another good ICOs with good team developers

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:52:45 AM

As for me, I do not trust the projects who hide their teams. It is one of the most important parts of the successful development, so I do not invest in projects which does not provide evidences of the experience of the team. It most cases, it is just a scam project.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:03:11 AM

This is bullshit stop comparing this to Satoshi , Satoshi did not launch an ICO while you are asking our money for your promise, you do not have a working platform and we do not know who will receive the funds and if things will not work out who will investors go after, it's so easy to create promise and so much depends on who is running the project when launching an ICO

KarinaMix

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:36:02 AM

For me it is very important when the team is not anonymous, I somehow do not trust such projects, I want to see the team and find out information about them, personally for me it is more transparent.
neuronchain

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:06:04 AM

If they're very evasive about giving out their team info then it must be scam because first of all, the team behind the project plays a very important role in the project's success. If they have such a great team then they must be open in sharing info about them.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:14:10 AM

Comparing Current anonymous projects with satoshi would be stupidity as there has been lot of recent scams & It is advisable not to invest in projects which have anonymous teams and devs of the projects. Satoshi developed fully working & revolutionary working product which is still on the top and it wasn't ICO. Most of the upcoming, ongoing, and completed token sale ICOs don't have working product & once they exit you cannot find them so its better to invest in ICOs which have revealed its team members which can help to conclude credibility of ICO and making decision of investment.

nulan

Activity: 393
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:18:02 AM

several times I found this, so the opinion of the opportunity for a scam could be true. especially for projects that use eth platforms don't make their own coins but all of them are just a possibility we will never know before the results of what the project did we only can wait and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: