Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My altcoins are down... by a lot  (Read 15679 times)
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

The market has plummeted a lot I don't see the prudence in selling your altcoins at this price. As you mentioned you lost 60% of investment it's better to hold now because the selling time was a few months back when you were just 5 or 10% down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:54:04 AM

Hi,
So I’ve invested a bit of money into altcoins about a year ago, and did a bit of trading but then slowly lost the track of it... Until today, where I found my ledger in my closet and decided to give it another look.
So here I am now looking at my coins , and thinking on what to do... Hold on? Sell?...
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

I’m down about 60% of my investment.

Any advice is appreciated!

EDIT: Yeah my entries are all super high tbh haha

EDIT 2:I’ve got quite a bit of faith in MSP & KMD Not sure about EDG though
Do not worry about your altcoins that are down, worry yourself more on the altcoins you should be picking the more as the altcoins are basically down right now. One thing you need to understand is that this is a very volatile market, and there is a great chance that the market will always recover, so in that case, where do you want to find yourself when the market is recovering? Enjoying the great benefit of the profit from the market moving up after you have bought the dip or selling now and then seeing yourself getting screwed and frustrated as you see the market recovering. The choice is always in your hands.
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:06:00 AM

The entire cryptocurrency is affected by Bitcoin. When Bitcoin falls, you have to consider whether to sell the altcoin, and some bad altcoins will disappear in the future. Bitcoin will not let them influence their own development.

3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:07:42 AM

Your altcoins are down but my portfolio is smoked by the heat in market.
I don't think that i will be ever gonna invest my salary into crypto ever now.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 07:09:08 AM

Hi,
So I’ve invested a bit of money into altcoins about a year ago, and did a bit of trading but then slowly lost the track of it... Until today, where I found my ledger in my closet and decided to give it another look.
So here I am now looking at my coins , and thinking on what to do... Hold on? Sell?...
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

Sorry for your lost, mate. In general you shouldnt be holding any altcoins right now because you will get absolutely burned.

What you can do ( or should try to do ) is hold stable coins or fiat. This way you are positioning yourself in such a manner that you are hedging against BTC. This means that you will be able to purchase more BTC ( and more altcoins ) once the market sentiment changes.

For example if you cashed out at $6000 with 1 BTC and buy back when ( if ) the price hits $3000 you will have 2 BTC.

Watching your funds burn slowly over time isnt the best way to do things. Just my opinion though

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
lipoicChin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:09:35 AM

Keep this chance and buy altcoin now. This is a good opportunity to buy at low price. I already bought and now i am waiting for alt high time.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:26:34 AM

if you have a look on market trends , price of every coin is falling. Right now market is in bear phase. I have eth in my portfolio. I bought eth at $185 USD and now price of eth is below $ 150 USD ETH is most stable and reliable coin among all coins. You do not panic and just wait for the bullrun to manage your losses.
I think many of us suffering losses on this wave, and so do I. I haven't the chance to cut lose because I was busy yesterday.
selling now already too late, you will get big lost if you sell now, I think holding is a good choice...
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:02:56 AM

A lot of my coins have also dropped significantly in price but I think we can wait a few more months. If after the beginning of the growth of Bitcoin tokens do not begin to grow then I will sell tokens
bestcoins1

Activity: 2212
Merit: 720

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:05:18 AM

A lot of my coins have also dropped significantly in price but I think we can wait a few more months. If after the beginning of the growth of Bitcoin tokens do not begin to grow then I will sell tokens
yeah, because all the coins in cryptocurrency depend on the price of bitcoin and until now the price of bitcoin is still decreasing so all coins will also go down without exception, we can only be patient and wait for the resurrection of the cryptocurrency to begin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

Most coins dropped a lot in value. Just do not panic and make decisions of it because it may lead to further loss. Just be patient since it is almost the end of the year. Expect something good, if bounce back happens, panic sellers will really regret panic selling.

Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:08:22 AM

If your already "all in" on cryptos, you're going to have to HODL. Never sell for a loss if you can wait it out for a couple more years.
corrado25

Activity: 773

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:13:11 AM

Not only are you alone losing money.Many people have lost me too. You must understand that this is a market and there is no loss and no loss here.I will not advise anything. Personally, I do not sell coins, but I will wait for the market to grow. I will not fall below it.

@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:18:11 AM

Mate, your not alone in your shoes. Actually, this matter is common to every investors who hold their tokens because they believed that in the future their investment will go beyond from what they expected. Sadly, the expectation to increase turn into drastic decrease. Now, hold your coins and wait patiently.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:32:01 AM

It all depends on when you bought them? In other matters, it does not matter, it is better to wait for the market to recover and then make decisions.

Grechkatx

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:46:17 AM

Hi,
I’ve got:

KMD EDG MSP

I can only give you one piece of advice: endure and wait. Just look at coinmarketcap and coin prices less often, then it may be easier to perceive this whole situation with the fall and losses.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:58:53 AM

You have to keep hold it and will be bad idea to sell in this bearish market. Bearish trend is not forever and later will be change to bullish, if in the end of this year the market will not change to bullish, we have to wait untill next year. Never sell in loss and by keep patient to hold it, later you will get big reward for that.
I agree. It is not good to sell now. If you are believing on your coin that it has real potential on the market, you have nothing to afraid of because this dump will last and pump going to happen. Wait patiently because cutting your lose now is not worth and it won't help the market to limit the supply.

droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:00:50 AM

Not just a few altcoins are discounting but almost all altcoin are down, so I do not think investing in electronic money now.

elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:03:09 AM

I think that you should not sell your coins while the market is in such a sad state, you need to wait, because growth is not far off!
vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:05:31 AM

If you are no longer focused on the cryptocurrency market, then you should choose to sell these encryptions to focus on other things!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:09:16 AM

Personally I'd do a lot of research in each of those projects and decide if it's clever to average down on my investment. I did this quite a lot last few months. I know, the risk is getting higher but I bought much around ath so I felt I had no other choice since I didn't sell around break even in March/April. I didn't care back then, figuring it would come back up at some point, but never assuming some would go down over 90% since January. I decided to not sell at such a loss and wait it out. All or nothing kind of thing, I said goodbye to my investments a long time ago. Some projects I am keeping a close eye on I keep investing in...small portions to keep averaging down....so far I am satisfied with the stack I am building this way...but no one knows if it will go even lower...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: