Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: confused about bitcoin cash  (Read 241 times)
smooth nobody (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:32:20 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 08:16:07 AM by smooth nobody

i'm just now hearing about bitcoin SV and ABC. really need to understand whats going on. i heard that bitcoin cash is "no more." is BCH being dropped completely? what happens to my BCH? do i have to claim the new coins or does it get converted automatically? do i get both SV and ABC or will only one survive? i still have a bitcoin core wallet that never claimed BCH coins. will i still be able to claim BCH/SV/ABC?
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:54:26 PM

is BCH being dropped completely? what happens to my BCH?

BCH will be valueless.

do i convert it to both SV and ABC?

It seems that process is automatic.

You can read some explanation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5069039.0

And you can leave your questions there, maybe members who understand blockchain will give you the answer.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
olgamir

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:08:40 PM

I do not like all these divisions of chains and forks of coins.  After hardfork, usually the price of new coins is lower than it was originally.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

There is no need to confused or whatsoever, Bitcoin cash has forked and it happened automatically, either you keep your coins at an exchange or in your blockchain wallet.
Now just be careful, expect a drop in price or an increase in price.

Whichever happens, always remember the basic principles of crypto currency trading.
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:14:40 PM

is BCH being dropped completely? what happens to my BCH?

BCH will be valueless.

do i convert it to both SV and ABC?

It seems that process is automatic.

You can read some explanation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5069039.0

And you can leave your questions there, maybe members who understand blockchain will give you the answer.

Based on the article and news that i heard, there will be no more BCH because after it(fork) and successfully forking it. the chain will split and will create Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV.
for a brief explanation about it, you can read it here ; https://medium.com/@jcliff/bitcoin-cashs-november-2018-fork-804596268771

it will be processed automatically if you are holding it on supported exchange, but if you do not. you need to claim it by using your own private keys.

why they did that ? tension ? misunderstand ? nobody knows excatly what is going on. maybe they want us to see their dominance ?
pixelvault

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:26:14 PM

i'm just now hearing about bitcoin SV and ABC. really need to understand whats going on. i heard that bitcoin cash is "no more." is BCH being dropped completely? what happens to my BCH? do i have to claim the new coins or does it get converted automatically? do i get both SV and ABC or will only one survive? i still have a bitcoin core wallet that never claimed BCH coins. will i still be able to claim BCH/SV/ABC?

this all seems retarded. why is this happening? is this still all about block size or is something else going on?

it will fork to BCH ABC or BCH SV

Your BCH will be either one of those.

And most likely worth shit all for awhile
smooth nobody (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

been trying to read as much as i can and i still have unanswered questions. what happens to BCH that is held in private wallets? i'm using exodus. what happens with my bitcoin core wallet that was eligible to claim BCH? will i still be able to claim BCH or will i be able to claim ABC/SC instead?
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:39:49 AM

been trying to read as much as i can and i still have unanswered questions. what happens to BCH that is held in private wallets? i'm using exodus. what happens with my bitcoin core wallet that was eligible to claim BCH? will i still be able to claim BCH or will i be able to claim ABC/SC instead?

yes you can claim new SV coins and exchange into bitcoin or into original BCH.

here is step by step :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5070999.0

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 08:46:03 AM

but bitcoin cash is doing hardfork with almost all famous exchange sites, surely bitcoin cash will go back up and be ready to compete with bitcoin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
smooth nobody (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:59:04 AM

i appreciate the link on how to claim SV, but that's not what i was asking.

what happens to the BCH in my private wallet? does it stay BCH? does it become ABC? does it become a worthless unsupported currency?

i keep hearing so much conflicting information i'm not sure what is factual. i've heard.....

BCH will go away completely
ABC is BCH and will retain the BCH symbol
the winner of ABC vs SV will retain the BCH symbol

what happens with my bitcoin core wallet that was eligible to claim BCH on august 2017? i was told i can claim that BCH at any time. can i still claim that BCH? do i claim ABC/SV instead? can i claim all three BCH ABC SV?
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

BCH is on many exchanges with the former coin. Though the value of forked will be determined by people but i still uses original bch only.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:13:33 AM

Yes that's right, BCH = Bitcoin cash will be totally gone as the fork was the upgrade of it but needless to say, neither of the two (SV/ABC) shall be adopted by most.

Why not follow BCH's thread?

[ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 10:24:56 AM

there was a fork on the blockchain of bch after which this has been split into two new coins abc and sv for now it seems that the two new blockchain have trouble meshing and perhaps the miners are undermining at a loss just to keep the chains alive
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

Forks getting worst all market. People getting confuse about forks. So many fork coins has created. It is not good. There are almost 25 Bitcoin forks. With other project we can see over 100.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:10:09 PM

The process of acquiring the forks of the fork needs to be well expressed, because some of us still have our BCHBon exchanges. I do noy also know if the forks will be automatically send to wherever the coin BCH is. I also discovered that some exchanges have disabled the trading of BCH.
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:33:22 PM

Bitcoin cash is a good asset if you are confused to it it is just simple as we use our currency in traditional way it is a cash in the digital form and it is faster than any other form of money it can be used for buying things for transferring into other coins it is acceptable world wide and many exchanges are holding a good reserve of it for the trade and it is the ongoing currency of the crypto market i love to use crypto for online trade while many projects are reviewing this for currency.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Louis21
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:46:51 PM

You have no reason to be confused, Bitcoin Cash has splitted into two and if you have it on an exchange that supports both the two, you will surely receive them. Your old Bitcoin Cash is useless now but you will surely get the new one.

smooth nobody (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

it seems like alot of you guys are not even reading what i'm posting and are just posting random information that is not directly answering my questions.

adding to the confusion, i contacted exodus. they told me ABC is BCH. it's the same thing. SV is the only new coin. ABC is the same protocol as BCH. they only make it BCH-ABC to distinguish from BCH-SV.

more confusion, different exchanges seem to be handling this according to their own judgement / desires. some are trading both ABC and SV. some haven't made any changes and are still trading BCH.
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:33:54 PM

Well that is what happens when someone hardforks a hardforked coin. ABC is the bitcoin cash that you already know and then the SV is the hardforked coin that came out as a result and now with the two coin being out there is a hash war which has been dragging on and the miners are starting to move some of their equipment to start mining the new fork coin

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:36:04 PM

actually I'm also confused, I can't find bch abc in coinmarketcap, but can still continue to see bitcoincash, even though hardfork is finished, is bch is bch-abc?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: