Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:18:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All about bounty payments and its effect to the project  (Read 2092 times)
ljane

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:35:29 PM

For bounty hunters to dump a token it is sometimes the a problem from the team. This is because to me I think they can start distributing their tokens to them after the project has stabilized its price on exchanges. When that happens even if the price will decline it won't be a great percentage. And the idea of you mentioning that they should be paid with other Altcoins is also a bad idea.

I’m me
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:35:49 PM

projects don't want to pay bounty hunters in ETH because this coin has a real value and their tokens are worth nothing.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
galundan9

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:01:50 PM

projects don't want to pay bounty hunters in ETH because this coin has a real value and their tokens are worth nothing.

of course that is because if the project team pays bounty hunters with Ethereum they also think in the future, if in the future the coins they make have no selling value and there is no interest of investors to invest in the project of course the team will incur huge losses due to issuing ETH to pay bounty hunters.

because by paying bounty hunters with coins they make indirectly the supply of coins they develop is reduced and some of the loin is mostly held by participants participating in the project for investment.
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:14:17 PM

I think that it is more profitable for the project to pay for advertising with its tokens. This does not require big expenses. If the coin has good liquidity, then bounty hunters will not be able to influence the price. I don't think bounty hunters are a problem for price.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:27:55 PM

Actually, bounty hunters are just the same with investors they invest their time however there is so much bounty cheater right now, creating dummies to receive more reward they are the one dumping other hunter is forced to sell even in low price it's better than nothing. ico project needs to hire a good bounty manager to audit cheaters carefully, But as you noticed bounty allocation is very low like 1 or 2 % it doesn't affect the market if it has support from investors and the team.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:28:11 PM

Well, each project has determined the allocation for the bounty project. I think it has been determined by a variety of considerations and risks that are ready for developers. Moreover, the allocation for bounty is very small, the effect is not too large unless the coin or token or the project is less attractive to the market so the price cannot develop.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
durudara

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:33:07 PM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
yes, I agree, a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's". because they should have a good strategy to be able to maintain the price of their coins and I think the existence of bounty hunters should not be easy to influence the decline in the price of their coins, because they have set themselves from the beginning only a few percent allocations for bounty hunters and should not enough affect the decline in the price of their coins. and if that happens then it is clear that the project they built is a failure because they should not only think of their own benefits. they must be responsible to investors and also bounty hunters who have supported them until the project reaches the sales target.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:36:58 PM

Bounty hunters often lower the price of a coin because they start selling it right away. But I believe that if a team of experienced, it should have foreseen this nuance and tend to coin kept the price.
There can also be investors who sell cheaply instead of bounty hunter. After the last price decrease, there are many projects that do not have bounty, but experience great price fall. That actually depends on how the devs will manage it.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:39:21 PM

Well, each project has determined the allocation for the bounty project. I think it has been determined by a variety of considerations and risks that are ready for developers. Moreover, the allocation for bounty is very small, the effect is not too large unless the coin or token or the project is less attractive to the market so the price cannot develop.

And the truth of the majority of these projects is that they are paying the bounty by their own tokens or coins, because they don't have money to begin with, no eth or btc to start with. So to be able to run their promotional campaigns, they will resort to using their coins in order to pursue their marketing side. They will spend nothing but gas fees if in eth tokens.
CleverOracle

Activity: 549

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:40:48 PM

I'm doing bounties for a few years and I notice that if you receive a payment via ETH then the chances of getting a big rewards is low since ETH will not jump its price so easily but on the other bounty hunters takes the risk of accepting new coin as payment because they knew that the value of rewards are questionable if its go higher or lower from the ICO price.

5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:42:28 PM

The bounty payments have no real effect as they only offer 1 or 2% of the supply. The people dumping are the pre-sale investors and most likely the project team trying to raise funds themselves. They don't care as they already have ETH and BTC

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:43:08 PM

Investors should not be worry about bounty hunters. Good project could bring the value of their tokens back (if get dumped). a really good project should be also easily increase their tokens price by developing their product and. I dont think a project tokens price dumped hard just because of bounty hunter, it also because some of investors that look for sort-term profit and then when the price dumped a little, they dont believe annymore in the project.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
entebah

Activity: 1549
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:18:19 PM

The bounty payments have no real effect as they only offer 1 or 2% of the supply. The people dumping are the pre-sale investors and most likely the project team trying to raise funds themselves. They don't care as they already have ETH and BTC
Right, and I think they are reluctant to lose when the market is in chaos like now, so they say that Bounty hunters are the root of the problem of falling prices, but that is not true, they are only making false stories in this bear market.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:21:04 PM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"

They say the market of a particular cryptocurrency is falling after the end of the ICO, they say that the bounty hunters are dumping the coins, but no doubt that is true, if we really want the price to increase, we should be patient and be mindful about long term thinking.
It is the impatient that want to make everybody make money immediately within few weeks or months after an ICO forgetting that the moment you decided to invest in a project.

You have to give it a breathing space of at least 2 years before you can start thinking of making profit but most of these ICOs also fail because their community too are not encouraging them rather, they condemn them and put them a lot on unnecessary pressure, so once we chose to invest, we have to know that it is for a long term, anyone that cannot be patient should go into trading instead.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

bounty hunters are often accused of being the ones who always drop the price of tokens when they are first listing on an exchanger, we are blamed when the price falls, the parts given at the bounty hunter are very small should it be solved by buying back. in fact, it will not make a loss project even though they have to make a buyback at the ICO price rate.

but in reality the strategy is very rarely done even DEV seems to let the price of their tokens fall.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:21:08 PM

Bounty hunters dumping can affect price temporarily it would not take longer and it would recover if the coins have good project and great developer surrounding it price may back to where it should be. And not all bounty hunters are dumping their coins there are some who keep holding and wait when the price matures to gain more profit

Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:39:11 PM

There is a rule that more generous bounty payments in ICO value, bigger dump after bounty distribution.
So, it depends on after ICO progress and not on bounty allocation. If you receive one million tokens worths nothing, then you will know what I am talking about.

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:44:24 PM

For real? You would blame the bounty hunters for the price drop of the coin?
Look at the percentage of the bounty reward do you think that 2% would really drop it to the bottom?
And not to mention that the 2% is divided into the bounty hunters which is plenty of people and do you think that all of them would sell their share?
Come on don't blame the wrong person stop pointing it to the workers,
As a bounty hunter we work to get the share we also feel the effect when the price drops down ,
Open your eyes how could a small portion of bounty make a huge effect on the price ?

norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 04:40:42 PM

I really want bounty hunters to be paid in eth if it is possible for the project team but i don't believe bounty hunter sells their token at cheap rates because most times before they pay hunters the coin is already a shit coin

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
lizarder

Activity: 1568
Merit: 880

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 04:41:29 PM

in my opinion there are indeed many bounty hunters who do foolish actions by selling tokens from a project at an unreasonable price, but in my opinion not all people only do this action to point out payment problems I strongly agree but most of them apply the participants limits to bounty for which payments are made with btc or other alt

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███