Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Claim free BCH-SV forked coin and How to Exchange into Bitcoin?  (Read 22095 times)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:37:42 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2021, 06:21:58 AM by BitcoinReseller
Merited by PHI1618 (1)

Because many people still don't know how to claim their free BCHSV (Bitcoin Cash SV fork) which are created by 15 November hard fork. i will write here Step by Step tutorial for how to claim and and what to do with these free coins.

First of all, i will explain what happen after Hard Fork :
- Original Bitcoin Cash coins are called BCHABC because it belongs to ABC blockchain.
- New created blockchain had generated new coin called BCHSV because it belongs to new created blockchain (SV Chain).

Now many users are selling Old or New coins, for myself i've sold new created coin which is BCHSV.
I will explain here Step by Step how to claim and sell your new BCHSV coins and exchange into original BCH (now called BCHABC) or to Bitcoin or any other coin..

this is what i did for my balance, so i will explain with screen-shots how this happens.

i will use empty wallet as example in my explanation.

First Step : Make sure you have BCH SV at fork date

Because till now there is no explorer to see how much exactly you have of BCHSV coins, we will use blockchair and guess how much you could have at fork date.

Visit this page (Blockchair) :

https://1ink.cc/xVle

Write your wallet address to see how much bitcoin cash available on it before fork date (15 November).

click on search, you could see 2 results. one for Bitcoin and other for Bitcoin Cash.

You should be sure that Last seen receiving is before the date 15 November else your wallet could have no or less BCHSV balance.

in my example :
Last seen receiving: 2018-09-12 07:12
Balance: 0.00000000 BCH

Last seen receiving is 12 /09 it's before the fork date (2018-11-15) so it has SV coins.
but my example wallet appear empty because i'v already withdraw BCH and sold SV coins.

Second Step : Claim Your Bitcoin Cash SV Balance

You will need any bitcoin cash wallet that support the new SV chain, i used Electron wallet to get my SV balance. but you can use any other wallet for bitcoin cash sv.

You can download Electron cash wallet from here :
https://1ink.cc/Z3cMC

Open wallet app, it will ask you to create new bitcoin cash wallet and where to save.
you can keep default path and click 'Next'.

it will ask again whether to add watch only wallet, or standard wallet and more setting.
You can keep all as default, choose 'Standard wallet' and click 'Next'.
Now will ask again if you had old wallet seed to import or create new one, better to create new wallet.
choose 'Create new seed' and clock on 'Next'

Now you have to save your 12 words in safe place (better to print out on paper) and it will ask you to enter them for confirmation.
Enter same given 12 words on next screen for confirmation, and your wallet will be created.

Last step is to set a password for new wallet.
enter good password and confirm it, then click on 'Next'.

You will see your new wallet is empty, with empty history.
You can see History, Send, Receive
in my example there are some transactions are already done before i write this topic.

To import your bitcoin cash SV wallet address and transfer funds into your wallet app, you will need Private Key which is same to original bitcoin cash wallet.

If you don't have private keys for your bitcoin wallet, you should contact your wallet service provider for how to get private key for it.

Now, after getting private key for your BCHSV wallet, which is same to bitcoin cash, you have to sweep/import it into your Electron wallet.

Click on Wallet > Private Keys > Import (or Sweep)

Write private key for your wallet, and click on Import.

If your wallet has many inputs, it may takes some seconds to 1 minute till it complete balance transfer on sweep case.
Elecrton app transfer 100 inputs max per sweep.
if your wallet has more than 100 inputs (as like 400 inputs) you will need to sweep it (same private key) 3 or 4 times to transfer all funds on it.
You will need to wait for payment transaction confirmation for each sweep.

After sweeping wallet, you will get confirmation message with amount that is credited to your wallet app.
Click on Broadcast to confirm it.

New confirmation with transaction id will appear, press ok.

Now you can see new payment is received to your bitcoin cash wallet if you did sweep, or your transactions history if you did import.

wait until it gets one confirmation at least on sweep case, and no confirmation wait required for importing address.
now you're able to send it into HitBTC site if you want to exchange it into Bitcoins or BCHABC the original Bitcoin Cash.
but before we do this, we should make sure we are working on SV chain.

Third Step : Switch to SV Blockchain

Now you should switch your wallet into SV chain, to do this you can simply select a different server from the network tab.

here is list of SV chain servers :
https://1ink.cc/KCFJ1

here is document for All Servers detailed with chain type ABC / SV (if needed) :
https://1ink.cc/zv8NM

in my example, i've used this server for SV chain :
electrumx-sv.1209k.com
you can find it on first link, list of SV chain servers. right click by mouse on it and pick 'Use as server'.

Wait few seconds till red ball becomes green, now your wallet is connected to SV chain.
If that server doesn't work with you, you can use any other server which belong to SV chain.

Last Step : Exchange Bitcoin Cash SV (BCHSV) into Bitcoin (BTC) or BCH Original (BCHABC)

I used hitbtc.com to sell my bitcoin cash SV and exchange with bitcoins.

you can create account on hitbtc from here :
https://1ink.cc/U1dpw

Signup, confirm account and click on Account to see your balances and make Bitcoin Cash SV Deposit on HitBTC site.
You can write 'bch' on search box to list all Bitcoin Cash wallets.

Copy deposit address for your Bitcoin Cash SV.

Important : Make sure you are making Bitcoin Cash SV (BCHSV) deposit, not classic bitcoin cash or ABC. else your deposit could be lost.

However, HitBTC recently has same deposit addresses for all Bitcoin Cash types, so if did some mistake with bitcoin cash sending type it will still be credited into your account.

Open Electron wallet again and send new bitcoin cash sv payment into hitbtc.

Wait for your deposit to get confirmed on HitBTC.

You can see when it will be confirmed from Pending Deposits panel on Account page (at hitbtc).
then need 6 confirmations at this time. you can see how much confirmations your deposit gets in this menu (Latest transactions).

After your deposit is confirmed and credited into your Bitcoin Cash SV on hitbtc. you are able to sell them into bitcoins now.

To sell your Bitcoin Cash SV with bitcoins click on Transfer beside your BCHSV balance.
You should move all available BCHSV Main Account (balance) into Trade Account.

Your BCHSV balance will be moved into Trade account, they are ready now for trading and sell for Bitcoin.
Click on 'BCHSV Bitcoin Cash SV' title to open trade page for your coins.

on trade page, you will fine Buy BCHSV and Sell BCHSV. you're going to use Sell BCHSV panel.

enter amount of your available BCHSV at Trade Account, pick price which is suitable for you, and you will see how much it makes in Bitcoin when selling.

Click on 'Sell Limit' and your BCHSV now are converted into Bitcoins.

return back into your 'Account' page. and you'll see your Bitcoins under 'Trade Account'.
move them back into Bitcoin 'Main Account' and you're able now to withdraw your free bitcoins into your bitcoin wallet.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your extra coins reward  Cheesy

-------------------------------------
If you find this helpful, please send me any donation for the time i spent to write all this  Grin
Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash donates are approved on same wallet :
1ab3REU5L2x23oHqZWbCxPvZFyBFnfid5

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 06:43:30 PM

Thanks for your effort, it helped me a lot because i didn't know how to fix this.

shadowford

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:47:14 PM

i'm using blockchain.info wallet, how can i export keys into electron?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:49:15 PM

Thanks for your effort, it helped me a lot because i didn't know how to fix this.

glad to hear that.
any small donation could be helpful  Grin

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:50:24 PM

i'm using blockchain.info wallet, how can i export keys into electron?

1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
3) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.

i suggest you do this while you're offline to stay secured.

any donation is welcome  Cheesy

onetebs

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:02:07 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. i will try this and post any updates.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:22:40 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. i will try this and post any updates.

please let me know when you need any help.
any donation is welcome!

fastreferrals

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:53:20 PM

thanks for sharing this. i was waiting for great post like this  Kiss

i can smell that you are one of the ABC fans. but we still don't know who could be winner ABC or SV.
so you should create another post for selling ABC to be fair  Grin
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:28:46 PM

thanks for sharing this. i was waiting for great post like this  Kiss

i can smell that you are one of the ABC fans. but we still don't know who could be winner ABC or SV.
so you should create another post for selling ABC to be fair  Grin

you can follow same steps, but choose ABC server if you're going to sell ABC coins instead of SV.

any donation is welcome!

FontSeli

Activity: 1218
Merit: 858

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:08:37 AM

With the permission of the author, I translated this topic into Russian for Russian-speaking users. Here is the link.
Thanks to the author of the instruction!
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 12:32:59 AM

Thank you for the real effort and time of making that brother. It helps me upon claiming my BCH forks. I wish the other users could say this to you the same thing. Keep up your work brother, thank you for doing this.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:35:41 AM

With the permission of the author, I translated this topic into Russian for Russian-speaking users. Here is the link.
Thanks to the author of the instruction!

most welcome!

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:08:41 AM

Thank you for the real effort and time of making that brother. It helps me upon claiming my BCH forks. I wish the other users could say this to you the same thing. Keep up your work brother, thank you for doing this.

glad to hear that  Cheesy
any donations is welcome!

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:11:52 AM

Thank you very much for your detailed and good narration. I don't have bcash or any others, but I'm sure it'll work for everyone.

I don't like Bcash and other new forks, but the useful topics for the forum are always important to me. Thank you so much.

thanks for your kind words!

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:18:18 AM

Can you tell me about this? can i still claim my bitcoin SV if i'm holding bitcoin cash at exchange site which has not yet supported this fork coin? Do i need to do that? I'm a bit confused because this fork was crating a new two coins for bcash holders and can i choose one of them?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:35:59 AM

Can you tell me about this? can i still claim my bitcoin SV if i'm holding bitcoin cash at exchange site which has not yet supported this fork coin? Do i need to do that? I'm a bit confused because this fork was crating a new two coins for bcash holders and can i choose one of them?

if you have private keys for BCH you will be able to claim SV.
you choose what to claim by changing network. some are for SV and some are for original ABC. i show in my details how to connect to SV chain to claim it.

if you're using exchange site it's not possible to claim your SV till they give to their users.

jabdul25

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:45:55 AM

thanks for awesome step by step tutorial!
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:26:09 AM

thanks for awesome step by step tutorial!

any donation is welcome  Grin

Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

information that is very useful for BCH holders, I hope everyone appreciates, and can be an amenity for all of us to implement it. thank you
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

information that is very useful for BCH holders, I hope everyone appreciates, and can be an amenity for all of us to implement it. thank you

thanks for your feedback, any donation is welcome!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: