Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin be the same if Satoshi wasn't anonymous?  (Read 23250 times)
AiBBio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:11:23 PM

As for me, I think that if Satoshi Nakamoto came out of the shadows and announced to the world that he would continue to improve bitcoin such coins as Bitcoin cash.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:14:54 PM

I'm kinda skeptical regarding this. I am worried we might all be in fact just blinded and lied to by some entity experimenting on us. Whether Bitcoin's creator is the Satoshi known to everybody, a government, a secret society or whatever he is.. it's still revolutionary and this certainly is the future. This is my first post after a very long time by the way, and I used not to have this kind of thinking ~1yr ago. But look how fast things are changing and how quick cryptocurrencies are getting introduced in all large institutions, businesses etc.... it's here. We're all taking part of the future. If Satoshi's real identity was known, we'd most likely judge the technology and its true meaning based on who that entity is and what history it has.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

Alot of damage would have been done to bitcoin if Satoshi Nakamoto wasn't anonymous. Look at what happened to LR CEO, do we hear about him again talkless of the company name and importance. So I believe and will ever strongly believe that Satoshi been anonymous is ever the best way to make bitcoin what it's today and what's going to become tomorrow.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:40:19 PM

It wouldn't make much of a difference. Just look at numbers two and three, ethereum and ripple are doing really well and their creators are well known. Same as many other coins where the creators go public

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 08:44:35 PM

How would the crypto arena be different if everyone knew who Satoshi was?
It is best we don't know who Satoshi is. Knowing him might come with its own risk for the crypto world. It means the day Satoshi dies, everyone will be thrown into panic regarding the future of bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
pavka

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:51:47 PM

I think that even if tomorrow Satoshi proclaims to the whole world this is unlikely to seriously change the market. Bitcoin is already at this stage of development, when it does not really matter who invented and created it, it already quite successfully exists as a separate independent unit.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
MiguelCryptoss

Activity: 244
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:55:51 PM

Attention of many prominent investors would have be part of this journey, the arena would have different from what we all are experiencing right now but there would have be little or no challenges of this types we have today.
alexrosenb

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:03:40 PM

I think it was very important for Satoshi to be anonymous and it's still underappreciated. Nowadays there's a lot of pressure or new projects to be super transparent, disclose everything to the public. This increases trust in the short term - you know they're not going to just run away post liquidity event. But in the long run I see that as a liability. Did the ICO violate security laws? Are the founders going to get in trouble? Will some future regulation make things tough, etc etc... Satoshi being unknown these aren't even a factor and the community had to develop in a way that didn't rely on him or her sticking around. Bitcoin is just this thing that exists. It's not a project, not a business, it just is.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

It would only make things worse for him, not for Bitcoin. People would try to research his life and career, criminals would be looking into ways to hack, abduct, and blackmail him. He'd turn his life into hell, at least for some time. Bitcoin wouldn't change much with or without him being present.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:38:22 PM

It would give them grounds to attack Satoshi as a person and every action done by him would influence the price.
Say, you knew who he was and had limitless resources (like a government). You could set him up and make a pedophile or a drug addict out of him. You could make him fall in love with an agent who would report on his activities, or gather dirt. With enough of this dirt you could pass it on to the media and crash the markets. It's better for him to stay anonymous.
For that matter, being anonymous is worth 1000 reasons to answer those questions behind how bitcoin will be if satoshi would reveal his identity. In fact nobody knows exactly if he's a woman of a man. It still remains a big riddle for all of us, and if satoshi wasn't an anonymous person there will be a very busy life for him. Bitcoin will not be as profitable as what we've been  experiencing from previous year.
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:08:03 AM

I think it will be the same however the only difference is that Satoshi identity will not be hidden which then lead to people trying to bring him down since he earns a lot from this. There will also be haters especially the governments as well as the banks. Probably by now, they already caught and sue Satoshi Nakomoto.
Bincanet

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:22:38 AM

well, to my mind, we don't need to think much because we never know who is satoshi, he will never appear.
The_Tick (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:42:14 PM

I'm kinda skeptical regarding this. I am worried we might all be in fact just blinded and lied to by some entity experimenting on us. Whether Bitcoin's creator is the Satoshi known to everybody, a government, a secret society or whatever he is.. it's still revolutionary and this certainly is the future. This is my first post after a very long time by the way, and I used not to have this kind of thinking ~1yr ago. But look how fast things are changing and how quick cryptocurrencies are getting introduced in all large institutions, businesses etc.... it's here. We're all taking part of the future. If Satoshi's real identity was known, we'd most likely judge the technology and its true meaning based on who that entity is and what history it has.

Sometimes I'm also skeptical. Even read something mentioning that China could've created Bitcoin to weaken the US dollar lol. Deep down I don't believe this to be the case, however.

I see Bitcoin and this decentralized revolution as a cry to get rid of corrupt institutions that force billions into some form of modern slavery and create immense misery. Don't think it's a coincidence that it was created amidst the 2008 crisis created by banks.

In many ways, our lives are social experiments meant to benefit the future generations. We wouldn't be where we are today without our ancestors' learning from their parents and the cycle continues. We're ultimately here to fornicate and experiment with "better" ways of approaching this life that no one even asked for. Because why live in suffering when you don't have to? Still a long way to go.
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:45:11 PM

For me you have the answer : it will be Bitcoin cash, with a lot of war, an crazy people trying to manipulate their followers to create the "new eldorado "  Wink
So for me if BTC is famous it's because Satoshi is anonymous (of course it's not the only reason)

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:48:06 PM

I think this person does not want to be public,just for the reason that he will be asked a lot of questions,the answers to which he has already given,creating bitcoin.Even if Satoshi Nakamoto becomes public it will not affect the work of bitcoin.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:51:37 PM

Also, if you think that "Satoshi nakamoto" was his real name, you are a fool.

It is obvious that it is just a nickname, he wouldn't use his real name to make everybody refer to him by that manner, otherwise, he could be easily found.

It is something easy to think about

maybe when Sathosi Nakamoto is not an anonymous name, I am sure at this time there will be many people arriving and using bitcoin, only if it happens anonymously in bitcoin will no longer apply. whether this is good or bad.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

I think that then the idea of decentralizing bitcoin takes on a completely different character. In addition, the authorities or any other influential organizations can put pressure on Satoshi, which also will not lead to anything good.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Screamshot

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:07:27 PM

I think the present of satoshi nakamoto would not really change any different in the bitcoin. Bitcoin would still be the same

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:09:45 PM

One of the main distinguishing features of bitcoin, thanks to which it has gained such popularity - is decentralization. But the public identity of the bitcoin Creator contradicts this idea. Therefore, in this case, the popularity of bitcoin will decline.

bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:15:50 PM

I think the bitcoin creator's decision to remain anonymous was an important decision for the technology itself. So if his identity becomes known, this can significantly affect the cryptocurrency, and not in a positive way. That's why I want everything to stay the way it is.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: