Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:48:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are losing Bitcoin.Bitcoin had its 15 minutes of fame We are losing our dream  (Read 4746 times)
BitcoinSniper (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:36:59 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 05:22:50 PM by BitcoinSniper

We are losing Bitcoin.Bitcoin had its 15 minutes of fame We are losing our dream
Bitcoin losing steam? Bitcoin and crypto failing to appeal to the masses? Seems like people just don’t care anymore. I still am all in on crypto but seems like the more people I talk to the conclusion seems the same. Bitcoin? What is that?  Seems like we have failed to continue to push further into main stream media. We by default are a reclusive species “Bitcoiners”. We values our anonymity and pride ourselves on the disconnect from main stream society. I hate to say it but we need the other 90% of the world involved in bitcoin.If we do not correct this a lot of us have just wasted years of our lives we spent devoted to bitcoin.
I don’t want to hear my family members and friends say you wasted your time on the longest running scam and Ponzi scheme. Because that’s what people will say about us if bitcoin fails. I call to you brothers and sisters to come together. We see values when no one did. We had the foresight and intellect to pursue the new and exciting. Let’s not go quality into the irrelevant dark corners of the earth. Let’s move forward in excellence.

Please consider donating to one of the the projects I am doing to promote bitcoin to the mainstream media and the world

Please consider donating to one of the the  projects I am doing to promote bitcoin to the mainstream media and the world
Project 1
Bitcoin landmark projects
Bitcoin landmark project is to establish Bitcoin art statues in public places for all to view. Monuments , Statues ect.
Donate  1DsQoZVSEaGTkPNCGmZJZruy1F9R5C2JCi

Project 2
Bitcoin Flag Going to Space. YES Space the final frontier
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441303.msg5420604#msg5420604
Please donate bitcoin to the project here 1HNNi6EPCxRsHUpGESZXoFr9qpWqiLeY8L

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:13:15 PM

Math-based currencies are here to stay.  Whether Bitcoin will be a part of it or not, remains to be seen.  You make the very point I made many months ago, how can you seek mass adoption, while seeking to be completely disconnected from the masses?   Huh  Me thinks it won't work but at least the tech is here so regardless, the world is still moving toward a better financial place.
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

I don’t want to hear my family members and friends say you wasted your time on the longest running scam and Ponzi scheme.

Math-based currencies are here to stay. 

I agree with Coinseeker.  Bitcoin already changed the face of the world economy. Don't despair! Not everybody will get it at first.  But in the long run, everybody will be using it, even without noticing it! You will see! Cheesy

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:22:58 PM

Math-based currencies are here to stay.  Whether Bitcoin will be a part of it or not, remains to be seen.  You make the very point I made many months ago, how can you seek mass adoption, while seeking to be completely disconnected from the masses?   Huh  Me thinks it won't work but at least the tech is here so regardless, the world is still moving toward a better financial place.

Bitcoin is good enough and secure enough, it still needs some active development though. What truly is required is strong infrastructure which is truly lacking

BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:28:57 PM

Bitcoin is good enough and secure enough, it still needs some active development though. What truly is required is strong infrastructure which is truly lacking

i agree 100%
zemario

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:45:48 PM

This is getting really boring. Everyday there are several posts like this. Quite frankly, if you do not believe it is going to take off, or if you are not enthusiastic about it or whatever, well, sell your freaking coins. What do you want to achieve with these posts? Are you like young teenage girls that can't go to the bathroom by themselves, only when followed by a colleague?
Go ahead, start a topic "I want to get out of bitcoin but I am afraid, could anybody also do it with me, so when the price goes up I feel like I wasn't alone in my chickening?". That is what these posts are about really.

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:47:11 PM

This is getting really boring. Everyday there are several posts like this. Quite frankly, if you do not believe it is going to take off, or if you are not enthusiastic about it or whatever, well, sell your freaking coins. What do you want to achieve with these posts? Are you like young teenage girls that can't go to the bathroom by themselves, only when followed by a colleague?
Go ahead, start a topic "I want to get out of bitcoin but I am afraid, could anybody also do it with me, so when the price goes up I feel like I wasn't alone in my chickening?". That is what these posts are about really.

Yea I'm tired going in the Bitcoin Discussion section and seeing the same posts over and over again.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:48:40 PM

Bitcoin will stay here for very long.  Wink
So,don't worry about it to much. Smiley
ionux

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:50:31 PM

This reminds me of the "linux on the desktop" discussion.  We can't see where Bitcoin is going to be in 10 or 20 years from now.  It could be used mostly for business purposes and enthusiasts.  It could be used by everyone.  Who knows how it will all turn out?  Let's just let it evolve and see what happens!

CoinPrice.US - Current market prices in a clean, ad-free interface.  API available for adding Bitcoin prices to your site!  |  Escrow service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502569.0  |  Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494163  |  Public key: http://coinprice.us/public_key.txt  |  URL shortener project: http://10b.us  Cheesy
hypes

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:57:48 PM

This guys just spamming to promote his crap site. ignore him.

BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

This guys just spamming to promote his crap site. ignore him.

ummm wrong but while we are on the subject visit my site  Wink
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:13:35 PM

Does the "We" in "We are losing Bitcom" refer just to members who have been here for > 6 months or no? 
Gopher09

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:06:07 PM

Landmarks and flags are not going to help.
Do something useful that has value instead.

One of the immediate steps that needs to be taken is to start dealing in uBTC or satoshis from now on on exchanges, wallets, charting sites etc.
We need to start talking about units of measurement less than 600$, the general public can't takenitbseroously that way.
Swapster

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:34:59 AM

All the big Bitcoin players are corrupt, and with the largest exchange, Mt Gox, closing the doors with hundreds of millions stolen from clients, that does not help matters. It's one bad news story after another.

The real problem with Bitcoin is that it is very difficult to secure. If you have it in cold storage (the only safe storage), then you aren't really using it.

I will watch from the sidelines, but BTC will have to go down the LTC prices before I get back in.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:46:09 AM

Man, seriously?  After all that, your best ideas are Bitcoin statues and putting a flag in space?

This is why we may never go mainstream.  If ideas like these are the best we can come up with ...

I expressed bewilderment and confusion at the Flag thing previously.   Monuments and statues???  Sorry.  I'm lost.

I dont get it.  Terrible ideas.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:54:18 AM

Bitcoins doomed! Please give me some. 

Fuck off.
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:05:18 AM

Bitcoin has had 3 years of fame. It was covered even heavily in the news in 2011. So was the Mt. Gox hack in 2011. However it seems like everyone is a dumbass with <2 years of usable memory.

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:05:21 AM

Does the "We" in "We are losing Bitcom" refer just to members who have been here for > 6 months or no? 

No.
anteater2009

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:58:39 AM

Bitcoin is like the Netscape Navigator of cryptos. It may either survive long enough or other cryptos will evolve to become the Chrome or Firefox of cryptos. So no need to worry about publicity. If the technology deserves it, it will get mass adopted.
miragecash

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:14:38 AM

Sheesh, OP must be an impatient teenager. Email was invented in 1972 and only started to gain wide acceptance in 1993, OVER 20 YEARS LATER. Bitcoin was invented in 2009. Give it another 15 to 25 years. Everyone will be using bitcoin or something like it by then.

The masses today who are older will NEVER adopt bitcoin. Bitcoin is as foreign to the over 40 crowd as email is as foreign to the over 70 crowd. High tech is as foreign to old folks as gibberish. You'll have to wait decades for the babies born today to grow up on bitcoin as "normal" and "real" money and wait for the old folks to die off before bitcoin will be widely adopted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: