Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why most people believe bitcoin to be worthless?  (Read 1698 times)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:23:20 PM

If you have to debate with someone about the "real" value of bitcoin. rather than people buying it to sell it for more fiat , what are the proper arguments that you have to use ?

The real value of Bitcoin is in its disruptive capabilities. It shows people that there's another way. That they don't have to be afraid that the government will freeze their account or that the fiat currency will lose value. They can keep their wealth in Bitcoin and be able to fit it all inside their pocket and send exchange it within minutes to a fiat currency of their choice. You have to live in an oppressive country like Venezuela to fully understand what Bitcoin gives you.

I was trying to promote bitcoin to one of my friends, and he did not seem to be impressed at all, a while later another friend of ours talked about this new product that you  can apply to your penis  and get an instant 0.5 cm extra length and my friend got so excited and said he is going to buy it. Shocked

The good old magic penis enlargement pill scam. Your friend is an idiot and most likely has a small dick, that's why he got so excited.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:27:46 PM

They are relatively satisfied with their currently life and they don't see Bitcoin as a differential on their life. Probably you are right, sometimes we have to create an issue to sell the antipoison, it always work... But the point is, Bitcoin came to make things easier and simpler, so it's a bit contradictory to create a problem to sell Bitcoin as the solution. What we can do is to keep trying to convince these people with arguments, finding what things they are interested in, and pointing how Bitcoin can be useful on that field.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:43:10 PM

I also think that Bitcoin does not carry much use for people and there are more interesting and decent coins in the market.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Epokicecool

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:50:27 PM

I believe that the majority of people have misunderstood the whole crypto and bitcoin thing.
Bitcoin is marketed as the new currency, and as much as I would like this to be true, I do not believe that it will happen in the near future or at all. However, the mass (who purchased bitcoin and other alt coins during the hype phase, dec 2017) most of these people bought it in hope of that it would become some kind of currency, and they are not to blame, a lot of bitcoin pro advocates for this which is misleading because I believe that although most of us HOPE that it will become a currency, we still know that the government and the higher ups will not allow this. In the future we will see what will become of bitcoin as a currency, but as of right now we are far far away from it being considered as a real currency throughout the world.

However, with that said, it has nothing with bitcoin being worthless, because it certainly is not. Bitcoin itself may not be so useful (if not a currency) but the innovative technology behind creating bitcoins is ground breaking. And most definitely one of the greatest if not the greatest innovation of the 21st century after the upcoming of internet. And that is the blockchain.

In my opinion we need to re-market bitcoin, and add the value of blockchain into it, because really, the blockchain is what matters. Bitcoin is just a biproduct from the chain. And we need let the mass know that the blockchain is absolutely not bound to currency or anything related to currency, but that the blockchain can be applied to almost anything that we are currently using today, but making it safer, more trustworthy and more efficient.

And also we need to stop giving a shit about the price, they said internet was garbage when it first came, who the hell would use it. It had it spikes it had its dumps, but I dare you to live without internet for a week today! doable, but damn hard!
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:05:02 PM

I was trying to promote bitcoin to one of my friends, and he did not seem to be impressed at all,

There are some negative assumptions in society that have caused them not to believe in bitcoin, for example:
Bitcoin is not a product issued by the government.
Lack of bodies/laws that oversee/control their distribution.
Lay people tend to believe in government and banking performance, and such assumptions have been embedded in their mind since they were born.
I'm very sure, as time goes by, especially those who do not yet know the actual crypto performance, they all will eventually use it.

Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:33:44 PM

People are sometimes exagerrated,they are pass jump into conclusion,they have an advance mindset about everything to happen,it's because simply they don't believe it or has a doubt specially in bitcoin. People know bitcoin are so volatile and once they saw the market going down they will said it will not recover,it will be worthless but if you are a business man and you know the market and all about the product you will not have doubt and you always think possitively. Market keep on chaging,sometimes up,sometimes down but that is just normal scenario.

Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:35:20 PM

Yes, Bitcoin might be dropping its current price but is normal in a crypto, but I do not believe Bitcoin is useless, he's still the king and will remain the number one.

I agree. I still believe in bitcoin that it will get back the price it has before and buying now will be worth for good profit. I am holding what I have and buy some volume so my wait can be worth even how long it is. Bitcoin still is the most popular and accepted as it is used for payment method. Those who do not believe in the potential of it can regret when it recovers.

Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:24:29 PM

I think everyone expects a tangential product, like Apple iPhones or cell phones with Android, what they do not see is that the monetary system is mostly electronic and the future is in the digital, so there are still many people who do not understand the real value of bitcoin, which goes beyond any utility they want to give it.
Andam76

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:56:53 PM

in my opinion maybe a lot of people don't believe in bitcoin because they don't understand cryptocurrency and maybe also because the price of bitcoin is currently down ... but I still believe that bitcoin remains the best...
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:34:15 AM

Some people difficult to understand Bitcoin as investment that is why they say it was worthless. They see Bitcoin has no commodity to promote and they see it very risky unlike the other investments in which they could see the physicality if the products that they could determine if the product is feasible to the masses and worth investing. Bitcoin as investment is just relying always to the new investments that if there are poeple will earn then the lose will be absorb by the others that because of this some people will believe Bitcoin is worthless like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:09:41 AM

most people think that "No useful Dapp or any sort of business based on bitcoin or crypto in general that is making a decent amount of revenue except for exchanges and mining hardware companies.!"

If you have to debate with someone about the "real" value of bitcoin. rather than people buying it to sell it for more fiat , what are the proper arguments that you have to use ?

people have already built this kind of immune system against the benefits of Decentralization which is bitcoin strongest weapon.

i mean the average person does not really care about centralization, more than 90% of the world's population, go to work early morning, go home in the evening, get paid by the end of the month and really do not give a fudge whether their money is sitting at the bank or an Exodus wallet as long as they get to spend it.

that average person would buy into a new idea if it has something of a direct change on his life style, i mean if you were to invent a cheap flying car then the whole world would want to have it.

I was trying to promote bitcoin to one of my friends, and he did not seem to be impressed at all, a while later another friend of ours talked about this new product that you  can apply to your penis  and get an instant 0.5 cm extra length and my friend got so excited and said he is going to buy it. Shocked

it's not funny i know, but seems like he has got a small one and he needs to fix it. so he THINKS he is got a problem , therefore whatever solution you throw at him is an easy SELL.

but people do not really have any problem with fiat or how govs print money out of thin air. they really do not care as long as they get enough of it .

so what is the real use case that we can plant in these people's heads ? do we have to create a problem that matters to them and then propose bitcoin or crypto  in general to solve that matter?

how do you go about convincing some one into at least believing in bitcoin as appose to buying it. ?

many still cant foreseen the future of bitcoin and crypto as whole. not like in venezuela when fiat fails, many people switch to bitcoin in order to resist inflation. but im sure slowly but surely many will use it eventhough they are not understand. just like cashless and digital payment in China, many adopted it due to effectiveness and convenience. crypto will be the next. 
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:51:09 AM

The reason why people believe that bitcoin will become worthless because of its price. Falling price of bitcoin is the only the reason why they think it is worthless even though it is not. Do you ever think that bitcoin will really become worthless? Do not believe on that but instead on thinking that bitcoin will become worthless just on how we survive in this current situation.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:16:45 AM

In this world or in the digital world the saying prevails that not every people are pleased with crypto and bitcoin, some would say that it is worthless , how come it is worthless when it has the highest value in the market place , those who known already about bitcoin have understand its worth as a cryprocurrency, that is why they are believing in bitcoin.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:55:56 AM

Most people find bitcoin to be worthless because they don't know about bitcoin. Most of the people I've asked about bitcoin is they only know that it is really unstable without knowing that the risk will be worth taking.

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

It is because of the market. When bitcoin was flying people think bitcoin will be priceless and now it is crashing and people thinking it will be worthless. Basic human psychology.

ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:25:47 PM

Because cryptocurrencies based on blockchain technology are not widely recognized!
There are many people who speculate on virtual currency. They think that virtual currency is not only valuable but also undervalued.
nicko122

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:40:34 PM

i don't know why you think people think like that! they really don't.

there are two groups of people in my opinion.
1. those who don't know about bitcoin or don't understand it.
these people don't have any opinion about bitcoins "worth". they either don't care or they are always surprised and find the price weird. they don't say things such as "bitcoin is worthless"!!!

2. those who know about bitcoin and understand the potential of it.
these people are the ones buying bitcoin. but some of them who want to buy it cheaper always spread FUD about how it is "worthless" because they want others to not-buy while they buy cheaper bitcoins.
It is quite logical and the way it is: those who are familiar with Bitcoin, try to spread negative news, then try to buy coins at a lower price, and then get a good profit. Often this tactic works because people are subject to panic.
AshleyFurious

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:46:40 PM

That's a false statement to declare btc "worthless." In every bear market, people say btc will go to 0, in every bull market, people say btc will skyrocket to $1 million.
AutoBlockX

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:37:41 PM

The Bitcoin is falling drastically. While fluctuations are considered a norm in the crypto market, the way it has reduced in the last couple of weeks has made investors think about their investments. However, I think it would be a little too exaggerating to say that it is worthless because while its value has depreciated, it still has a lot of potential.
Epokicecool

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:18:57 PM

Because cryptocurrencies based on blockchain technology are not widely recognized!
There are many people who speculate on virtual currency. They think that virtual currency is not only valuable but also undervalued.

This!

The problem today is that most people see bitcoin as a way to make more money (by trading), but the real value in bitcoin has nothing to do with trading, we should see btc more like a stock for the blockchain technology. just like a regular stock price for any company. Price goes up on speculation and when it fails to meet peoples expectations it goes drops. I believe that most people that got into this world at the later stage were expecting a fast adoptation, and wanting to see btc as a a real currency, but as that has not happened yet, people fud as their expectations were not met.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: