Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lessons from the fullest dip  (Read 2561 times)
cytpoway121 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:11:03 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), disconnectme (3), lifesgood10 (2), OluwaTosin10 (1)

The crash will teach alot of people a bitter lesson and they will learn from it,
they will learn the following

1. Never to love a coin

2. Never to be greedy

3. To cashout on profit always

4. To stop following hype

5. To know that what goes up must come down etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:11:24 PM

I reckon with your point number 3. Greed is one of the attitudes every crypto enthusiast, most especially traders need to deal with. Most times traders do not care whether a coin is a shit coin or not, inasmuch as it gives them their desired profit. So when dealing with a shit coin, that is liable to dump heavily, one must be conscious of taking profit when the need be.
Instead of allowing greed to control your decision on profit taking, it will be better for you to take your profit on such coin before it is too late.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 03:14:56 PM

I wonder, will people really learn their lesson?

I myself am doing my best to keep my head on straight and learn from what is happening.
But there is something that tells me that if another bull run is going to come, I will throw it all away and be greedy lol.

In retrospect, the current market condition is expected.
You can't just quickly recover after having such a fantastic bull run like last year.
It wasn't just the end of 2017 craziness, all of 2017 was very bullish.
Last time btc had such a strong bull run and crashed, the price stayed low for a whole 2 years.
I think we will see similar things throughout 2019.

The real question is, where will the bottom be? And at what price point are you ready to buy up more?

DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

Actually it is not about lesson but instead individual strategy, except those FOMO'ers that only cared about hype and did not do their own research.
me personally i do not really care about this dip because i have been waiting for this for a few months, logically speaking the price will not go up everyday/everytime because the higher it gets more pressure it will get.
and right now, we still have a problem with mass adoption. unless we are finding a way to solve this problem, this kind of movement is expected.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 04:10:23 PM

Actually it is not about lesson but instead individual strategy, except those FOMO'ers that only cared about hype and did not do their own research.
me personally i do not really care about this dip because i have been waiting for this for a few months, logically speaking the price will not go up everyday/everytime because the higher it gets more pressure it will get.
and right now, we still have a problem with mass adoption. unless we are finding a way to solve this problem, this kind of movement is expected.

I believe you are right
Instead of wailing , every traders needs to get their priorities right and focus on the positives
Do a concrete research on projects and there won’t be any reason to regret

But any way out for this ridiculous low prices
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:50:14 PM

Great advice to take profits when you can, this market is very unstable. Who would have known that the dip would be so bad, there are much more users now so demand should be higher
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:05:05 PM

I think these are good advices for newbies and expecially point n.3 .. never be too greedy and take your profits before it's too late!
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:14:51 PM

I like number one. I had this problem before. I get too attached to a coin to a point of not willing to sell while watching the price fall down. Only to complain after getting rekt  Undecided It was a tough lesson but it is definitely a good one.

krenus

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:26:04 PM

The crash will teach alot of people a bitter lesson and they will learn from it,

1. Never to love a coin

2. Never to be greedy

i like this immensely! the one about love, well, yeah! i hope all of ues will learn by heart these rules any many more, it's a nececcary procedure after all, to have a success afterwards. let's juest bear with it

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:26:45 PM

1. Never to love a coin

2. Never to be greedy

Yes this will be helpful for the newbies and they can learn from this, as there is no stability in the market and anything can happen either it is a mid quarter of the year or last quarter. We came to that long term will always give you huge profit.

offstage

Activity: 336

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:35:56 PM

So, I could to say that is the golden rules of investors now. If you will not agree with that, you would not to stay in crypto so long.

johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

1. Never to love a coin

2. Never to be greedy

I only agree with point 5  Grin.
Point 1 when you think specific coin is good you should love it, buy every time you have money.
Point 2 I think in trading greed is good, if you are not greed enough a bit hard to be rich.
Point 3 Never cashout before you think its price in good price
Point 4 Must following hype then using point 5 before decide to sell or buy.
aalavandan

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:08:18 PM

We should be more strict with our coins. It won't bring you anything to aspect x5 on this market. Thats why we need to be happy with at least 30 percent profit and when we reach this bar, we should sell this coin and move to the next one.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:11:27 PM

Well, you have missed the main point. It's "Don't panic". People who will sell at a low price will buy again at a high price. So, they will definitely lose. Buying when the price is falling and the price is increasing, are definitely foolish. Buy when the price gets a huge crash.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:27:36 PM

Even with such a large correction, I am in profit, so I do not panic and do not sell, and I advise everyone not to sell myself at a loss.
  A very large infrastructure is being built for trading cryptocurrencies within the framework of the laws, you just need to be able to wait. 99 percent of all coins / tokens will not survive in the near future, but 1 percent will become huge corporations. It will be good luck if you can see these projects and buy their coins / tokens now.
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:34:54 PM

Why not to love or not love a coin? After all, faith in a project is also like faith in a coin. If you do not believe in the project then why you are going to buy it?
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:41:42 PM

Personal interest first is what your post is all about. So many jumped into cryptos to make quick money and it is backfiring now. Yet, the technology is here to stay.
Those who held on will surely reap abundantly.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:43:39 PM

Im a long term player, i should love my coins, thats why im still hoding even dip is too painful to see, i even deposit money to buy more in last 4days Smiley
Mabinat

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:48:25 PM

I have been on the cryptocurrency market for more than 2 years and I can tell you that you always need to fix your profits, since then you can sit in the red for a very long time

betform [/ i] ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:53:37 PM

Im a long term player, i should love my coins, thats why im still hoding even dip is too painful to see, i even deposit money to buy more in last 4days Smiley

I agree it is good to love your coins and even better to hodl it
But if you sold bitcoin at 6500$ after noticing the dumps,
Then you bought back at 4500$, that’s immense profit already from your initial capital

But everyone has their opinion though
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: