Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market manipulation?  (Read 814 times)
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

I guess that the cryptocurrency market is controlled by large players who make huge profits with the help of the well-known technology "pump and dump". True, unlike the "pumps and dumps" carried out in small altcoins, here the strategies are much more stretched both in time and in the amount of money invested. Obviously, the cryptocurrency market expects many positive innovations in the near future, that will make the price of the BTC grow to new ATHs. However, the price of Bitcoin was artificially lowered in order to take possession of the money of small investors, buy on the bottoms as many coins as possible and then carry out a powerful pump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moxivuki

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:39:05 AM

In fact, more than 80% of investors have suffered losses this year, and those who are profitable are these price controllers! But manipulating bitcoin is very difficult because it is very expensive!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
R9s

Activity: 406

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

The price manipulation of the cryptocurrency market is very serious, because when you have enough encryption, you can easily determine the number of encrypted transactions and their prices!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:53:28 AM

I just came across a paper written by John Griffin and Amin Shams which states that the bitcoin price was being stabilized because of a coordinated price manipulation with tether.
I respect empirical studies but I don't want to believe that. Many have become millionaires because of their investments in bitcoin and other cryptos, which is what attracted even more investors as these new currencies were being adopted by many to conduct business.
I am still a bit puzzled by the results of the study.
Cryptocurrency has attracted a lot of investors due to people making testimonies that they became millionaire through investing on this and it does continue to lure more investors now even if bitcoin is experiencing a crash right now. We can't deny the fact that there are speculations that bitcoin's price is manipulated and i tend to believe that it is true.
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:54:09 AM

In fact, more than 80% of investors have suffered losses this year, and those who are profitable are these price controllers! But manipulating bitcoin is very difficult because it is very expensive!

Big whales made a big impact on the crypto market and collapsed the coin values, just to scare Panic sellers. I never expected the market will go down for such a low price in the last quarter, I guess we need to wait for few more months.

opv321

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

I think bitcoin is still strong. We just have some many big manipulators trying to keep the market low.
Recovery could take some time. We have to stay strong and adapt at times.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:46:41 AM

I think bitcoin is still strong. We just have some many big manipulators trying to keep the market low.
Recovery could take some time. We have to stay strong and adapt at times.
We need to know how we will react correctly, the market was been manipulated and more of those people around this industry are losing their money since they don't know how to play well with big whales, if we will study how they make an impact we will be able to anticipate the next movements the more the market being shaken the more we should invest our money, after this, money will flow back again inside the market.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:00:26 AM

I just came across a paper written by John Griffin and Amin Shams which states that the bitcoin price was being stabilized because of a coordinated price manipulation with tether.
I respect empirical studies but I don't want to believe that. Many have become millionaires because of their investments in bitcoin and other cryptos, which is what attracted even more investors as these new currencies were being adopted by many to conduct business.
It's normal in any business that those who have money will manipulate and take advantage with the weakness of others. I will just go with the direction of bitcoin as this will give us profits if we have patience to wait for the bounce back.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:10:16 AM

The price of bitcoin is being stabilized? That statement is quite difficult for me to digest.Market manipulation is actually not just a thought from self that makes it happen,there is only supply and demand in the market as in other markets.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:12:34 AM

people have been trying to connect bitcoin and its price to a lot of things, including tether for a long time because these people can not analyze the market as it really is so they start using weird things to justify what they can not explain.

and when it comes to altcoins the market manipulation is so huge that you can't even deny it. but you can to explain it either. all you can do is either stay away or learn to take advantage and make some money from it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

Well I believe since bitcoin is a decentralized currency and is not controlled by any individual or government it price will always be subjected to it depends in the market, that is more control and volatility and I think that is the real freedom we are talking about there.
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:54:18 AM

Maybe everything is not so drastic, but nonetheless, Bitcoin is a digital currency, which is very easy to manipulate by investing and withdrawing large investments!
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:11:52 PM

The manipulation do take place in crypto and that should not be new to every crypto user that the stable price of bitcoin was a function of manipulation which was used to let the price stay above $6000 for a while before we see this crash again and if no one believe then is left to the person with his own opinion.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:25:21 PM

Currently, Bitcoin is an excellent tool for enriching banks, because they have access to the largest stock exchanges, and therefore the ability to manipulate the price. Considering that in fact, the volume of transactions outside the stock exchange is much larger than the volume of transactions on the stock exchange - this is an excellent way to transfer Bitcoin from small holders to large ones.

Deagle21

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:27:20 PM

I will definitely read this article, but it seems to me that in order for the price to stabilize, developers still need to spend a lot of updates and add many functions
syypro

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:30:00 PM

And I believe in the manipulation of the market and the collusion of exchanges. Could not the price of BTC so quickly rise last year. She was picked up at her. then to sell more expensive.

Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:30:11 PM

this market is totally manipulated, that's why even big players are getting destroyed losing millions of dollars. Today, another bull trap. BTC down by almost 9%.

6 months ago i said this market was dying. Look at my signature and when did i change my mind, and you'll see if i'm wrong or not.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
FIREBALL24

Activity: 279

Xircus

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

From the start we all knew that this is business, the founder and creator of this forum is the owner and we are just a worker inorder to progress this business and earned or gain more profit, the big whales made their way by manipulating the market so we can sell our tokens as cheapest price then afterwards they sold it at big price, so this is the game of generals...

Bittalk12

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Unfortunately, stable coins were being used to manipulate the price of cryptocurrency. Well, it was very obvious that a group of traders are very coordinated which are being controlled by the whales to bring down the price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Regulating the exchanges should be prioritize where those fraudulent activities like market manipulation must be detected and those people behind that should be imprisoned.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

This accusation must accompanied with evidence so we better look at it as positive information. Market manipulation was possible if do you have a huge capital to gain and control the trading price and volume but the question was is this already happening for me it has need to be supported with factual evidence.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: