Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptokk.com | Exchange Market | Services | 70+ Coins | Last news: 04-21  (Read 11771 times)
HarryPotterCoin

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:59:47 AM

Any idea how this new exchange market can prevent being hacked as what happened in coin-ex and poloniex?
kalisto2002

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:08:46 AM

Nope cause its dead now and i quote
I'm leaving with all your coins. It's even not enought to refund myself.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:14:09 AM

Nope cause its dead now and i quote
I'm leaving with all your coins. It's even not enought to refund myself.

Incredible...

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
RV1969

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

This is too easy...

Registrant:
  Cryptokk
  Dubiel Skipaz
  Rue du Commandant Charcot
  Chartres-de-Bretagne, 35131
  FR
  +33.622150755
  Email Masking Image@cryptokk.com

Administrative Contact:
  Cryptokk
  Skipaz Dubiel
  FR
  +33.622150755
  Email Masking Image@gmail.com

Technical Contact:
  Cryptokk
  Skipaz Dubiel
  FR
  +33.622150755

Billing Contact:
  Cryptokk
  Skipaz Dubiel
  FR
  +33.622150755
jommy99

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:29:46 PM

I am very sad, not so much about my coins (and I had a bunch on there) but for the loss of a wonderful and friendly exchange that was growing and evolving very well.
I watched the development from the beginning and can only imagine the many many hours put into it's development and it was indeed a valuable and awesome service to many alt coins. It truly was a work of passion with the absolute best of intentions. I can only imagine how it would have grown in the coming weeks and months, if there is any way to revive it, I for one would be willing to give it a go.  Have you considered anything like a stock offering to fund the various operation costs, the site was just getting some legs under it and had a very bright future it seemed to me. In any case I pardon my loss of coins and can only hope at some time in the future this site and services are revived somehow. 

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:09:44 PM

I am very sad, not so much about my coins (and I had a bunch on there) but for the loss of a wonderful and friendly exchange that was growing and evolving very well.
I watched the development from the beginning and can only imagine the many many hours put into it's development and it was indeed a valuable and awesome service to many alt coins. It truly was a work of passion with the absolute best of intentions. I can only imagine how it would have grown in the coming weeks and months, if there is any way to revive it, I for one would be willing to give it a go.  Have you considered anything like a stock offering to fund the various operation costs, the site was just getting some legs under it and had a very bright future it seemed to me. In any case I pardon my loss of coins and can only hope at some time in the future this site and services are revived somehow. 

I have the same feeling. It all seemed very friendly and I understand the security risks of running an exchange. He could salvage it by having shares, indeed and hire a security expert to prevent something like that from happening in the future.

My coins are still there in his wallet, so it's really frustrating for me. I have also mined for months to get a decent amount of Frycoin and now this guy feels it's his property for some reason. Sad

You can trace my coins here: http://cryptexplorer.com/address/FPzuZTnpKRgozoC6LoxnE6m3EavfdxTTdR

odyssey

Activity: 179

Imperial Coin Owner / Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:09:00 PM

We are very sad too and had a lot of various coins there that we will miss.  Some of mine are still there also.  You would think that he would not give up that easy.  Like you said, get some security experts in to make sure it does not happen again and re-open with whatever is left.

I would also hope that he would publically announce which coin caused the security problem.  Or at the very least let us know which coins he had just uploaded that caused issues.  That way other exchanges would not be hacked in the same manner.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

We are very sad too and had a lot of various coins there that we will miss.  Some of mine are still there also.  You would think that he would not give up that easy.  Like you said, get some security experts in to make sure it does not happen again and re-open with whatever is left.

I would also hope that he would publically announce which coin caused the security problem.  Or at the very least let us know which coins he had just uploaded that caused issues.  That way other exchanges would not be hacked in the same manner.
+1!

sonountaleban

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

Yep!!!  Sad
Xunzul

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:53:43 PM

My opinion is, the community you create is your own responsability, if it fail, you fail, so, the thief in question in this case is the cryptokk owner.

People can choose to work to repair things, can choose to learn from mistakes... this isn't the case, and if cryptokk don't come online again, the only responsability for the loses is the owner and no one else.

So.... i don't think that was an Ddos or an exploit.... i think personally that was a manuver to steal coins to people.

I hope im in not right, and the cryptokk owner put back online the website and start to work for implement new security system (if is that the problem) and start giving back services and coins from wallets not attacked from that exploits (if really was an exploit, but i don't think).
crycurex-support

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

Another scam ?

Very sad .... everyone wants to run exchange but cant realize its not so easy Wink

"I'm leaving with all your coins. It's even not enought to refund myself."

you should leave ...but go directly to jail ....

CryptoCurrency Exchange @ crycurex.com

One of the lowest trading fees 0.09 % per trade
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:31:08 PM

Well dafuqcoin has just been exposed as a trojan with that same rootkit so I'm assuming he added that one and didn't have proper firewalls in place to lock down the servers.

Terrible response from the admin...

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
CoinExpert

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:34:45 AM

I loved that site, I loved watching all the little coin pictures moving around. I also really liked the Cryptokk Coin design, it was so cute looking.

Although I think the guy should give back the coins.

Well dafuqcoin has just been exposed as a trojan with that same rootkit so I'm assuming he added that one and didn't have proper firewalls in place to lock down the servers.

In his defence, it would be pretty hard to have an effective firewall policy when you have 100-200 coins all needing their own different ports to be open. Also the software could have used the same p2p to connect or even through another coin.

What is the altcoin community doing about this dafuqcoin? It is pretty pathetic the altcoin community was so excited about it that just after announce it becomes one of the busiest threads with people saying how cool it is and trying to get it on exchanges.

******* ULT POOL - http://pool.ultcoin.org/ *******
5% block finder bonus with full proportional payouts.
         Start mining now. Make more money.
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:52:45 AM

I loved that site, I loved watching all the little coin pictures moving around. I also really liked the Cryptokk Coin design, it was so cute looking.

In his defence, it would be pretty hard to have an effective firewall policy when you have 100-200 coins all needing their own different ports to be open. Also the software could have used the same p2p to connect or even through another coin.

What is the altcoin community doing about this dafuqcoin? It is pretty pathetic the altcoin community was so excited about it that just after announce it becomes one of the busiest threads with people saying how cool it is and trying to get it on exchanges.

I understand his position, but he took on the responsibility to manage so many coins, so when he fails he should at least try to refund as much as possible...

PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

I understand his position, but he took on the responsibility to manage so many coins, so when he fails he should at least try to refund as much as possible...

His statement is clear, he is in overall loss even with your (users) coins ... so you wont see anything Wink not a coin .. its sad but its true, maybe he was owner of cryptorush.in also Cheesy

Site names are similar Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:01:52 PM

This is so sad Sad Can you issue shares to fund the refund and continue normal operations.

Why would he do that ? Smiley

Reputation of exchange has been harmed, so if he has 1000 clients, now he will have 200 clients. Noone would buy his "shares" and if so .. only few people would.

Income from shares would be very small.

I dont think he was hacked, just took your coins and new smiling in front of pc with glass of good wine. Unfortunately, I think this is more possible than hacking

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Xunzul

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:52:20 AM

This is so sad Sad Can you issue shares to fund the refund and continue normal operations.

Why would he do that ? Smiley

Reputation of exchange has been harmed, so if he has 1000 clients, now he will have 200 clients. Noone would buy his "shares" and if so .. only few people would.

Income from shares would be very small.

I dont think he was hacked, just took your coins and new smiling in front of pc with glass of good wine. Unfortunately, I think this is more possible than hacking

Probably you're right... He(Cryptokk owner) talk about passion... and coins loses... so, what's more important for Cryptokk owner? What's the fact? Coins or passion? Coins... there isn't passion, cos it can't be stealed as the coins... and if you lose it, pheraps it wasn't true... only a lie for the spctators...
jommy99

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:30:56 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 09:17:02 AM by jommy99

I believe there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Please be patient, this has been a very unfortunate situation, but with some time and renewed efforts their could be hope for Cryptokk.com
Dubiel has expressed his intentions to repay everyones coins, but it is going to take some time to work things out.  He has updated his message on the site itself and plans to update us via twitter and facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/cryptokk  
http://www.cryptokk.com/

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:28:10 PM

I believe there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Please be patient, this has been a very unfortunate but with some time and renewed efforts their could be hope for Cryptokk.com
Dubiel has expressed his intentions to repay everyones coins, but it is going to take some time to work things out.  He has updated his message on the site itself and plans to update us via twitter and facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/cryptokk 
http://www.cryptokk.com/

That would be great!

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:06:53 PM

Anybody got coins back yet?