Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:59:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Way For Scammers. - save your money !  (Read 486 times)
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:42:08 PM

this type of scam the newbies will fall for this, it's not new a strategy for scammers, you can see a lot in social medias that they are doing giveaways scam, in order to receive your reward(tokens or 1 ETH) you must send 0.01 - 0.1 ETH first, I hate scammers.   

GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:03:16 PM

I have repeatedly received such emails. And it seems to me that you need to be a very naive person to believe in it. There is no free cheese in a mousetrap.
AlyattesLydia

Activity: 1400
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:08:48 PM

Actually, this isn't new at all. In fact, very common and very old. It's quite crazy but people fall for it even today. Who in the world gives money away for nothing? And who would ask for 1 ETH to give away more? Of course it's a scam, so if you fall for it, you only have yourself to blame.

Nothing is free in this world. Really. Nothing. So when you see free, understand the risks, understand the conditions.

I absolutely agree with the friend. That's an old trick. They even do the same thing by imitating the celebrities.

I think they're trying to trick people into the lowest level. The real danger is that you can click on a link to steal your money or infiltrate your computer. You just have to be smart about what's left of it.
neocrypto90

Activity: 99
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:12:13 PM

They tried to scam me as well, they used a new method. They send me for example a message on Telegram claiming that they have 5 BTC frozen in a so called, exchange. and that they can't withdraw these funds, and if I help them they will pay me. It's to steal my email address and password, when I create an account in this exchange.
thuthanh

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:07:32 AM

You should remember that in the crypto market will be a lot of scammers and you should be sober in every circumstance. With the coins has existed in many years, you will never get a giveaway.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

hello and thanks for the find. you are doing honest work

Cheers
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:54:12 AM

Thanks for the information, people like that should not be part of this community however that form of scam has been here for a very long time, I remember seeing it some years ago and it is probably older than that, I cannot understand how anyone could fall for it but if scammers are still using that tactic to get money then it means that it must work.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:05:43 AM

thanks for the warning, but something like this can just be a scam. a newbie may fall for it, but someone who has been dealing with crypto for a while should know that this can only be a scam. if you should pay something first to get more money, you should always be careful.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: