Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some parents can't say no to their children.  (Read 580 times)
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:12:27 PM

It may not be so much that the parents can't say no to their children. Every parent has their own philosophies and their own way of thinking. Unfortunately, I know that a lot of parents buy their children iPads or phones to keep them busy. I have seen many parents get small children (like 3 y.o.) iPads and turn on a video for them. It's no coincidence that some of the most viewed videos on YouTube are for children. This isn't the only reason that parents may give their children phones though. If a phone isn't a big expense for a parent, then it may just seem normal to a parent to give their child a phone. Perhaps they even consider it a safety issue. If the child has a phone it will be easier for them to quickly contact one another.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:07:26 AM

Yes there are lots of parents give their children everything they wanted to even its unnecesary things already.Those parents spoiled their children too much.But for me those treatment isnt good.Instead of teaching our children for them to learn things, you just made them spoiled and let them grow up in a wrong way.I know some parents just want to give everything to their children to make them happy but the most important thing to give them is a lesson that will make them as a better person.
WageBooster

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 02:41:03 AM

I find it easier to be a good disciplinarian with my boys than with my daughter.  I'm not sure if its cause they are older than her or just cause they are boys but I can tell them no when I need to but my daughter just owns me and she knows it.  Gives me the pouty look and I usually can't say no. 
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:22:15 PM

I think this just happens on those who belong in the upper class. The perfect term to use are those spoiled brats that want all their wants to happen even their parents don't want to. In our country, that culture mostky didn't happen in the lower classes. Children were disciplined by their parents and the parents were the on who will say what their children would do as they know more about it. I think that should stay that way as I think our parents decision is for the good of ourselves, and I belive in that.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
McEdward

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:30:55 PM

For those who are parents, this is not a joke. We love so much our children that sometimes we cave in and are not strong enough to say no. It is very dangerous. First, it dangerous for the children because they cannot know the difference between what is good and bad. Secondly, parents by being weak, do not play their roles. I believe that progenitors should stand tall and face their offspring. No means no must be their anthem. I have seen in some families when parents cannot say no. Total disaster. It is really awful. Parental guidance is not a lush. It is important.
queenstella

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:38:13 PM

Many homes are undergoing lots of issues as their children dictates for them. Because they are being showered with so much love and affection
bivaetjetakoe

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:50:39 AM

Your upbringing is good, keep up the good work.
Do everything right, do not worry about it
TootiFruiti

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:30:53 AM

I salute parents who are serious with the upbringing of their kids. Some parents nowadays does not see the very disadvantage of spoiling children with gadgets and stuffs that does not really matter. All these will have an impact with the future of the kids. You may not see it now, but someday it will reflect. Let the children do what kids do and not just using cellphones, watching and playing because this will not do them good.
AlligatorBites

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:28:20 PM

Parents must remember their role in the life of their children. They are the parent which means they must guide the little ones towards the right path. They must be firm with their principles. They must believe in their own style of upbringing. They must know what good habits they should instill to the children, while avoiding those that negatively affect them.
David78k

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

some parents find it difficult to say no to their children because they want their kids to be very comfortable mostly cos they dont want them to suffer like they did when they were younger.
Jandrei1

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:43:20 PM

Yes, you're right but we can't blame them for doing such. However, parents like me should understand that spoiling their children have disadvantages. When a child finds that all of his demands are being met he never bothers to develop the necessary life skills he might need later on. After all, if there is someone who always brings me what I want then why would I bother to learn anything new?
Jessika L.

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:51:35 PM

"No" doesn't mean bad or good. I just want to say that children shouldn't identify "no" as something negative. Because if parents say "no" and give arguments to this "no", children will always understand that it's not just the willingness of parents, but that parents want only the best for them. There always should be a conversation in relationships between children and parents. As both will understand each other. What could be better? Also, parents should exactly understand why they're saying "no" to their children. They won't have any doubts about this, and then saying "no" will an easy process.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

I agree that some parents cannot say no to their children. Of course, we always want the best for our children, we must always know when to stop. But if a child deserves, I think you can and sometimes reward him for the efforts, no iphone of course Wink

Marsel12

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:04:15 AM

I think the problem is not that they can not say no. Parents want to show their status and money, so they buy expensive gadgets for children.
Amadeo33

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:45:10 AM

I think if parents can afford to buy expensive gadgets for children, then this is good. It makes no sense to refuse if you have money.
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:56:06 AM

And, in effect, a lot of young people think that everything is going to be handed to them.
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:07:26 AM

think children do not need expensive gadgets. This brings up bad feelings in them.
Clambooya

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

I am convinced that saying no to Children sometimes is extremely needed in case you want to make them understand that they can't get everything that they want in this life. Also it helps them to understand that they can't manipulate with their parents.They need to understand that having things that others possesses is not the most important thing
Elijah Jackson

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:50:57 PM

I think it's wrong when parents can't say no. it is the point of education and making a child a polite person. He-or-she can't always get what he wants imho.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: