Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you give your fingerprint or eye scan for a fair money supply?
yes - 18 (40%)
no - 27 (60%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you give your fingerprint or eye scan for a fair money supply?  (Read 1013 times)
microbb8

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 06:19:57 PM

I would not give my details. Personally, I do not like. I don’t like to transfer data in the 21st century. It is not safe. I think many people will agree with me.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:59:30 PM

I will, only if it's a legit scheme or organization in charge of such program, this is not the first time most of us are giving out our personal details in the crypto space and outside the crypto space but one thing we all must consider is to always do a depth research about such agency before submitting our personal details. There's hardly any piravcy in anything we do online but if an organisation promise 100% privacy of our data and we later find out our details are used for other things without our consent then we can take things up against that organisation. Which why it's important we know about the organisation we're submitting our details to.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:27:50 AM

I am creating a money supply which distributes duration to addresses but need a way to verify each person has only one account

would you give your fingerprint or eye scan for a fair money supply?

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_currency
No, I never did that even if the reward was $ 50 or $ 100. For me, I was afraid that my personal information would be sent everywhere and bad people would use my information to do bad things.
I don't want my future to be in jail. Sorry for not being able to help you.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:23:08 AM

Shouldn't it depend on the money? I mean we all know we are talking about a potential ICO here with the information given with the funding and in return we are getting a certain amount of money most likely not enough to worth it. However if we are going to just assume any amount then I am sure we can find a right amount.

Some people would be willing to give their information for 1000 dollars, some people would be willing to do it for 50 thousand dollars, some may request a lot more, maybe we need a monthly thing or maybe we need one time big thing.

Basically I am sure you can find people that will accept it for a certain amount, its just the question of how much. I am sure if this idea turned out to be real and you did it for 50 thousand dollars per person you can find thousands of people sending their ID easily. However, if you ask them they will say no while if you offer them they will say yes.
You sound like you can easily sell out your birth right for money. There are so many things that one really needs to guide against and everything should really not be about money. Damaged reputation is too difficult to regain when being lost than to regain money, and no matter the money you get, it will not stay for life.

You talked about potential ICO, what is the guarantee you really have that the ICO in question really has the potential, have you not seen lots of ICOs in the past that you believed to be potential, and yet turn out to be a shitcoins later in future?So KYC should not be about the money, but we need to be sure it will not cost damage to our reputation.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:10:19 AM

We absolutely should not surrender valuable personal information such as this. I am glad that many on here seem to share my opinion that personal data is valuable and should not just be handed out for free. If a company wanted my fingerprint or eye scan, how could I trust them not to sell this data on to a third party?

Personal data is a huge and lucrative market, and there is a lot of money changing hands as information is passed to advertisers and more nefarious parties. Even if the company has genuine noble aims, there is always that incentive to sell the data, and even if they don't there is the possibility of hacking once it's known that a company holds vast tranches of this data. Information such as this really is digital gold. Everyone wants some, and you shouldn't give it away or allow it to become vulnerable to theft.

Your personal data is yours and should remain yours. Guard it well.

mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:16:11 PM

It is dependent on how you would treat my data. How safe it would be ?

Recently i joined a gym and the gym had a fingerprint scanner and was used for opening the doors there, I did not feel comfortable with that. I would rather not give out my fingerprint to random organization.

shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 09:03:49 PM

I would not give my details. Personally, I do not like. I don’t like to transfer data in the 21st century. It is not safe. I think many people will agree with me.

I do not care much about these things, although, here some guys say negatively about fingerprints. In the USA, all people leave their fingerprints in a base and take it easy. If something like this is needed, I'll agree.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 10:30:23 AM

I think your personal documents sharing with anyone or anybody always risky, but some rare situation and too much important situations i can provide my documents for kyc! 
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:27:18 PM

I am creating a money supply which distributes duration to addresses but need a way to verify each person has only one account

would you give your fingerprint or eye scan for a fair money supply?

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_currency

For me, i don't want to give any about of this..about the fingerprints or any eye scan just to make my own details just for fairing money supply..What if there's have a crime scene that they can involve you, , you're just putting your life in a danger, , just because of that information.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 06:49:31 PM

I don’t even know, is it really impossible to do without such methods of invading personal life? This data may be stolen and used for illegal purposes.
I think we should be more flexible in our attempts to create something new and fair.
Micerker

Activity: 593

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 07:49:22 PM

I disagree with this, and I believe many people share my views. Any trader does not want to be controlled by anyone. Why do we need to get involved in verification and then anyone will always control you? As an investor, I disagree with this, and I don't want someone to always look at me.

thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:02:41 AM

Probably not actually, that's way too much personal data to give away.
I'm someone who's even very hesitant to give regular KYC to exchanges, so I'd probably never give away a fingerprint or eye scan.

Besides, what kind of 'fair money supply' are we talking about here?
Hundreds of dollars per month? Thousands? Less?

I strongly agree with you, these fingerprints and eye scan is pretty confidential for someone to give to a completely stranger, we didn't even know if you are really going to use it on what you have said, it is kinda fishy I think for someone to asked something like this. This KYC that you have mentioned is another thing that I don't even trust, I'd rather give them by bounty by not submitting one of my IDs just to get my bounty, my personal information is a lot more important than their shitcoins.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:46:14 AM

I don’t even know, is it really impossible to do without such methods of invading personal life? This data may be stolen and used for illegal purposes.
I think we should be more flexible in our attempts to create something new and fair.
moreover we do not have a guarantee of security about the privacy that we submit. I don't think it's fair to give it all. especially if the government has not provided clear legal guarantees, as if we are being used when used for illegal purposes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: