Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see a future with one cryptocurrency or thousands?  (Read 23953 times)
Ladysmith (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:28:59 AM

The amount of cryptocurrencies out there is nauseating. Up in the thousands now.

Do you see a future where we're using a wide variety, or will one come out on top?

Technically, if one of these ICO projects create a be-all-end-all decentralized platform where all products and services are bought and sold, I guess it isn't impossible to one day have just one.

What do you think?
bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

Only one shall prevail at the end. Forget about these thousand choice of coins, though there will be some other coins that can be used as utility or dividends but most of those worthless coins are going to be eliminated.
Bitcoin without any doubt is going to be the best and most used coin not only today but in the future too.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:53:19 AM

One is too little but thousands are too much.

We need a balance. Or instead utility, securities. Because if they become securities that mean it can be a different market based on profit.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:57:51 AM

It's not a battle on who will stay, but having thousands of coins in the market is very confusing, some of these coins are just imitation of existing coins and majority are just pump and dump coin and will die in a matter of months, this cycle will continue as long as investors keep investing in these kinds of ICO it's a vicious cycle.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:58:35 AM

The future is in blockchain technology. We will have to see if all different cryptocurrencies will be needed.

cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

There is nothing to worry about cryptcurrencies becoming too many in numbers after all you as an investor will just pick the ones you think is going to have future. They are not all shitcoins but they are just waiting for adoption, it just need people who would used their platform. If that happens, the prices of those coins are also going to rise up.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:07:21 AM

There are lots of cryptocurrencies out there with different solutions to the problems we are facing right now, some of them are just imitating the use of the old one, most of the newly born token pretends that they can solve a particular problem using their product or services to take advantage of the hype given by the ICO's.

Only few crypto with real and attainable use will survive.
Ladysmith (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

There is nothing to worry about cryptcurrencies becoming too many in numbers after all you as an investor will just pick the ones you think is going to have future. They are not all shitcoins but they are just waiting for adoption, it just need people who would used their platform. If that happens, the prices of those coins are also going to rise up.

Yes, it's ultimately in the public's hands whether or not these coins' value increases and ultimately, whether or not democracy through decentralization is realized. There needs to be widespread everyday use of crypto! The problem is that mainstream media does not promote cryptocurrency and refers to it as dangerous (when it's only "dangerous" to the entities paying the media outlets).

We have more power than we think and and can contribute to the cause by simply using such platforms. (especially the latest decentralized marketplaces).
Masatos

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:14:07 AM

I see the future with about 50-100 cryptocurrencies that are used constantly but definitely not several thousand

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

One is too little but thousands are too much.

We need a balance. Or instead utility, securities. Because if they become securities that mean it can be a different market based on profit.

That's right do not think beyond the limit like thousands we know about our capability, there need to be a strict rule like price should not go down in a single day like Bitcoin cash did. Short investors cannot afford such a big loss.

kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:19:24 AM

One is not enough, in fiat we have USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, RMB... so in crypto i think we need more than only one. There are thousands cryptocurrency, it's too much and obviously we don't need too much like that. Strong coins will stay with us.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:24:09 AM

For currency, only one or very few should remain and the rest should be destroyed, and as for coins/tokens build as projects and is not a mean for payments we can have as much as we can but the quality should be improved a lot more than what we have now, projects build on just ideas without even anything to prove the possibility of being developed should be taken down, ICO should not be started with MVP, and we can go from there.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

The amount of cryptocurrencies out there is nauseating. Up in the thousands now.

Do you see a future where we're using a wide variety, or will one come out on top?

Technically, if one of these ICO projects create a be-all-end-all decentralized platform where all products and services are bought and sold, I guess it isn't impossible to one day have just one.

What do you think?

No, not at all. All I see are just some bunch of useless coins that will be useless for any future use. And I think it is so bad for crypto tha way.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:59:24 AM

Well i see future in some coins but i think thousand of them is too huge but whether you like it or not there are some coins that are going to evolve and come out strong. But who knows these coins, there are a lot on  market and new ones evolving making it to difficult to make some choices.
lapyshka

Activity: 379
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:24:19 PM

This is a natural selection. I don’t worry about cryptocurrency becoming too much. Not everyone can survive the fall of the market. Some projects will disappear, but others will remain.
Crypto is now good with many cryptocurrencies. Because it is possible to trade. If only a few coins remain, the market will die. Only trade makes blockchain technology evolve.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

I think there's probably going to be thousands, I don't see this craze stopping any time soon.
If you think about it, it could be the case that cryptocurrency-based businesses will start replacing a lot of existing businesses. All opting to develop their own blockchain + cryptocurrency

milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:04:28 PM

What do you think?

In my opinion lots of projects will stay, it will not be the onliest cryptocurrency in the whole world, because in this case it should be implemented in every country like the only digital means. But too many coins will not be as well because there are lots of scams and just weak coins that will not win the competition. So there will be only strong coins I think. What exactly we'll see.
iyah adrian

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:20:55 PM

The future of the cryptocurrency I think covers everything. Because with all that, the increasing altcoin means that the cryptocurrency is very good in the future. We cannot do the future of cryptocurrency, but one whole. How that increase occurs can you see for yourself the future of cryptocurrency.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:36:46 PM

We don't need thousands of crypto which we can see on Coinmarketcap now but I think some of them will survive and will have the mass adoption next years.
Xtinah

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:40:25 PM

I agree with you, the number of coins out there is too much and I believe more are still coming. However, I see a future with some coins, not one and not thousands. A lot of the coins out there wont stay long, just a few.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  All
  Print  

Jump to: