Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see a future with one cryptocurrency or thousands?  (Read 23955 times)
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:23:20 AM

i think only a handful of coins will survive and continue to be used as currency. most of the coins that currently represent a currency will certainly not survive. but i also believe that some tokens or coins will perform other tasks and not be regarded as a currency.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:31:09 AM

We don't need thousands of crypto which we can see on Coinmarketcap now but I think some of them will survive and will have the mass adoption next years.

The future of Crypto currency is dependent on the consumer's participation on the said coin, Yes, its only one coin on the top among all the listed coins after each ICO, the support system, market structure, the fundamentals, stability of such coin will be the determining factors at the end, We've seen some coins disappear after few month it was launch in the market, simply because they did not obtained the support system from the consumer's investors in the market.Be patient and monitor what will happen next month....
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:39:09 AM

In the future there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies, perhaps. much more than now. This is explained by the fact that the formation of new types of cryptocurrency is decentralized and accessible to everyone. Therefore, many use and will continue to use this opportunity. Tokens are owned by so many people and no one can gather them in one hand. In addition, tokens perform various functions, not a single coin or token can perform all of these functions. Therefore, over time, the number of different types of coins and tokens will only increase.
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:39:52 AM

what I'm thinking about is the turmoil that Crypto is facing right now, because the impact of deteriorating markets is very important, so we maintain good communication between communities, so that brilliant ideas emerge
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:15:04 AM

like that it will not be possible because the condition of the development of cryptocurrency technology will be increasingly developed and certainly there will be a lot of cryptocurrency created so that it is not possible for only one cryptocurrency.
longergou

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:18:12 AM

I think the only cryptocurrency is bitcoin, because it's not completely controlled by whales/sharks, it's unique encryption, I think only bitcoin can replace gold!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:20:39 AM

The amount of cryptocurrencies out there is nauseating. Up in the thousands now.

Do you see a future where we're using a wide variety, or will one come out on top?

Technically, if one of these ICO projects create a be-all-end-all decentralized platform where all products and services are bought and sold, I guess it isn't impossible to one day have just one.

What do you think?

I think there will never be only one cryptocurrency because people are ambitious.  Others mimic other people and tend to copy others way of success.  Aside from that, there are huge variety of stuff to be catered by only one platform or cryptocurrency so the idea of having one platform/cryptocurrency for all stuff is impossible.
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:26:55 AM

Think about it, in crypto world, we have to solve a couple things: Volatility & Security of wallets.
So, if there is a project and only one can solve this, then it is here to stay for good.
Actually all the new ICOs and even Alts follow the BTC price.. This is NOT good. We have to seek for a stable coin. Now, with the Gigzi project, it is possible to back the price of digital assets with those precious metals, like Gold. This will give it a stable price. Plus securing the wallet with biometric Iritech is a breakthrough in tech.. This is called: "Tokenization of precious metals", plus maximum security. https://gigzi.com

henmark

Activity: 784
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:19:31 AM

In the future there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies, perhaps. much more than now. This is explained by the fact that the formation of new types of cryptocurrency is decentralized and accessible to everyone. Therefore, many use and will continue to use this opportunity. Tokens are owned by so many people and no one can gather them in one hand. In addition, tokens perform various functions, not a single coin or token can perform all of these functions. Therefore, over time, the number of different types of coins and tokens will only increase.
Well, there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies but very few will still be somehow available in the long run based on the fact that they won't be utilized in real life since they do not have a product. The truth of the whole thing is that most of the coins in the market right now do not have products. Some projects came with an idea, but in the long run, the team did not end up fulfilling their end of the bargain.

As time goes on, the only coins and tokens that will likely be in the market are those ones with product and not just anyhow product, but something a lot usable in the long run that would drive in sustainable demand.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

I think the only cryptocurrency is bitcoin, because it's not completely controlled by whales/sharks, it's unique encryption, I think only bitcoin can replace gold!
I'm done thinking that bitcoin replacing gold. Comparing these two aren't no longe reliable, they are different simple as that.

But I'm one by thinking that bitcoin is the only crypto that we need and having some few option around 5-10 should be enough.
Distinctin

Activity: 2856
Merit: 651

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:50:24 AM

I'm done thinking that bitcoin replacing gold. Comparing these two aren't no longe reliable, they are different simple as that.

But I'm one by thinking that bitcoin is the only crypto that we need and having some few option around 5-10 should be enough.
No, I don't agree with that, there are lots of altcoins and I don't think they will be useless in the future.
Bitcoin maybe the original because it was first to gain popularity but the future is really uncertain, in the end, it still depends on how people will accept things.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 11:54:21 AM

Only a few will survive as most are just shitcoins with the main intention to gain money. I hope they collab and just combine these projects to attain mass adoption faster.

Deagle21

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:13:15 PM

why should Bitcoin even replace gold? Bitcoin is unique and it was created not to replace something, but to create something new
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:13:53 PM

I think in the future there will be many leading cryptocurrencies as the cache now exists. in different countries different cryptocurrencies will be popular and I think they will be adopted at the state level
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

every day there are many projects that offer various innovations that are useful for everyone. each ICO project has its own coin or token. if we want to use their platform we must have the coins. so in the future there will be many more altcoins made and all have their own functions and uses

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:23:48 PM

Bitcoin for sure will continue to lead the cryptocurrency game. But not only it alone, having only one crypto won't be so cool. The thing there is that alot of these thousands of cryptos will die off along the line and only the surviving few will join along bitcoin. We might even seen some new additions come in along the line and still survive after some of the already existing ones have died off.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:30:38 PM

More coins in the market is good cause it gives more choices and make each other better by improving themselves as a healthy competition. Choices are good but not this many choices. Just a few, 10 good coins maybe.
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:39:21 PM

with the increasing number of crypto, I think it will worsen the situation and future of crypto, because I have seen a lot of crypto being killed and that is detrimental to many people. when the loss occurs it will cause a decrease in investor interest.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:42:56 PM

In the cryptocurrency market, there are indeed a large number of coins / projects, but we cannot stop the creation of new projects, so we need to be able to choose the best ones. I also believe that their number will not decrease in the future and most likely we will use a lot of coins for payment, rather than one.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
vike

Activity: 411