Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see a future with one cryptocurrency or thousands?  (Read 23953 times)
maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:35:25 AM

Even if there are thousands of altcoin available in the market, but i believe just some of them are having a good value. and even some of them can't survive in crypto world. especially coins that doesn't really has a good usage purposes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wattson

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:33:39 PM

There will be definitely a vast variety of crypto coins, not one or two. Look at the fiat coins or stocks market. Bitcoin will be like gold or like US dollar and altcoins will be like satellites and there will be a place for them on crypto market.
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 04:50:16 PM

Having many alts give room for all to compete and see the very great or useful one , but if only we have view then there will not be a very serious product to really back their project but as we have thousands of them we have choice to choose among them which we find more interest and that can deliver .
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:07:17 PM

One way or another, there will be a lot of cryptocurrency, but the value will actually be provided somewhat, like the dollar is now an indicator of the value of BTC and the rest.
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 05:22:38 PM

not with one but also not much to thousands. of the many that there could be that would be recognized only some of the best of the thousands of existing coins. but that does not mean that others will be forgotten just space the movements will be narrower than the coin which indeed recognized well in the future.

but altcoin is currently becoming a lot of trash, even when first listing and just finished selling ICO, it is very ironic, investors might start thinking that and projects that were previously or not already feasible, therefore they think short and even though the roadmap is still not over 50%, they prefer to sell the coins

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:40:46 PM

In the cryptosphere, diversification is of utmost importance. In order to have a sate investment, i do not look at just one coin. My focus is always on 4 or more, depending on the good ones that are available at that moment. You cannot expect all coins to give you good yield at the same time, which is one of  the reasons for diversification. If there is loss on one, you will be able to recover it on another.
dio1715

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:43:31 PM

The amount of cryptocurrencies out there is nauseating. Up in the thousands now.

Do you see a future where we're using a wide variety, or will one come out on top?

Technically, if one of these ICO projects create a be-all-end-all decentralized platform where all products and services are bought and sold, I guess it isn't impossible to one day have just one.

What do you think?

I do not quite understand how this amount of coins can be applied. Maybe when they will be looks like securities ... One coin is enough as a means of payment. And you know perfectly well whats the name of this coin Cool
supahlovah

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:54:15 PM

If there will be the only coin it will become look like usual money and what sense in this? I don't think that the oly coin is the best way
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:04:45 PM

Only a handful will ever be worth much. Compare it to the internet days- The like of Amazon, Ebay etc came out on top and are the kingpins, Then there is many other website of high value. There are then thousands worth not much

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:06:33 PM

Thousand will be too much but there won't be only one crypto as there's different crypto with different usage. They have to be the best in their category to survive in the future, right now there's too much coin but actually only a few of them that already has working product, the rest is still a whitepaper only project and they won't survive for long.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
maometano

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:32:04 PM

crypto grows so fast that the market becomes unstable with many altcoins that cannot survive or die. we invest in ICOs that have quality platforms or tokens such as ETH, but it is difficult to distinguish ICO fraud because they have convincing bidding and concept methods. I hope Crypto will create high-quality altcoins and update the system better.
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:36:41 PM

I agree with you about that, but Probably there will be some coins which are better and more effetive others so People will use them for the transaction, who will be associated market. My opinion is that bitcoin and Ethereum will be parts of these coins.

el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:41:14 PM

I think more than one currency will be used in the future.
Maybe 10 or even 20 currency, but probably not anymore.
Mankind certainly can not agree on one currency and we do not need too many currencies, otherwise it is like the fiat money.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:16:43 PM

Well, i am not in favor of one coin, i believe for good competition there should be a reasonable amount of coins, but most of the thousands of coins wouldn't survive in future.

Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:33:12 PM

There will be definitely a vast variety of crypto coins, not one or two. Look at the fiat coins or stocks market. Bitcoin will be like gold or like US dollar and altcoins will be like satellites and there will be a place for them on crypto market.

I also wondered, when the crypto market has too many altcoin. Will the market be distracted, as too many altcoin are born each day. I then understood that the altcoin was born, but not worth bringing would be excluded from the market
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

The amount of cryptocurrencies out there is nauseating. Up in the thousands now.

Do you see a future where we're using a wide variety, or will one come out on top?

Technically, if one of these ICO projects create a be-all-end-all decentralized platform where all products and services are bought and sold, I guess it isn't impossible to one day have just one.

What do you think?
It's all the same what to ask the question why do we need such a variety in shoes. You can create universal shoes and wear it in the cold and in the heat. Or create a universal mobile phone, but many people repeat the same functions. Of course, as if some did not want uniformity, most of us still strive for diversity, which brings comfort to our lives.
Coins and tokens perform various functions and it is very good that there are many of them. It is necessary to encourage their diversity, the only way they can develop and improve.

a4illusionist

Activity: 365

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

I think there needs to be regulatory system for crypton industry. Without it it'll just grow big enough to crash on its own weight and that is exactly what has happened in this year. The phenomenal growth was too much for this non regulatory industry. Some kind of rules and regulations would make sure that the scams won't enter the market.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:37:52 PM

Like gold, bitcoin will be the major currency of value. Other cryptocurrencies with a very good working project will also be used for exchange and payment of goods and services. The thousands of shitcoins will go down the drain by the time regulations creep in

ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:45:50 PM

I won't like the idea of one coin because it will bring monopoly, it's good we have different coins to give people variety of choices, though thousands of coins is too much in my own opinion but at the end of the day, most of the coins won't make it through.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

I think that most likely in the future there will be fewer coins that we will actually use, but there will also be many other coins and tokens that will not go anywhere. Only a fraction of the coins will die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: