Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What comes after Bitcoin?  (Read 719 times)
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:26:18 PM

I think this is something that we will not reach until the next 500 years at least, it's just a probable future like many that are about to happen, I think now we have more immediate and worrying problems to solve, (like global warming), so lets focus in right now and when we solve this we can focus on less urgent matters.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sametyui73

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:41:15 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Innovation certainly will always be present to follow the times, and I am sure there will be great discoveries like Bitcoin in the future, but Bitcoin is very difficult to replicate especially to be replaced because it has blockchain technology that is able to solve problems in everyday.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:36:06 PM

Widespread use of cryptocurrency is inevitable. Whether or not it's mainly Bitcoin is irrelevant.

BUT, what comes after all of this? We are so focused on crypto's use being an inevitability and speculating on future value to make money when such profit potential will not last.

Once cryptocurrency is universally used, it won't make sense to keep it as an investment as the price will stabilize.

After the widespread use of crypto is realized, the ultimate representation of how everything has become digitized (even value), the rest of our lives will also have mostly become digitized.

Being hooked to computer screens and smartphones will turn into being hooked on perfect simulations in virtual reality where everything is cheap and our minds can theoretically live on indefinitely for next to nothing. Value won't even have to be exchanged for the most part as consumerism will be obsolete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_immortality

Anyone else question where this will ultimately lead? What do you think?

What makes Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies more fun is the volatility, thus a loss today could give a good gain tomorrow is only patience is involved. Thus I don't ever thing the price of Bitcoin can be stabilise as that itself will ruined the beauty I see in Bitcoin.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:48:43 PM

The future is decentralized and that's where we are heading. Where every person has their wealth coded into their personal chips or retina and the only way to steal from you is to force you to give it up by torture or threats. This is the ultimate safe storage. No banks, only you being responsible for your things.
Banks were made because it was hard to carry gold and fiat money around, but what if the money weighed nothing and were invisible to the eye?
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:54:23 PM

Even crypto currency was existed it doesnt mean it the world would be digitized because all government considered the poor people who have no capability to access online that is why those people including me who are in digital currency is lucky enough to have this currency which is bonus for our life.

Jackolantern

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:06:04 AM

I think that btc will remain the leader and it will never disappear from the market. to my mind, it is obvious because it has so many benefits! I think that it is better to use it as the main currency

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 12:27:21 AM

Widespread use of cryptocurrency is inevitable. Whether or not it's mainly Bitcoin is irrelevant.

BUT, what comes after all of this? We are so focused on crypto's use being an inevitability and speculating on future value to make money when such profit potential will not last.

Once cryptocurrency is universally used, it won't make sense to keep it as an investment as the price will stabilize.

After the widespread use of crypto is realized, the ultimate representation of how everything has become digitized (even value), the rest of our lives will also have mostly become digitized.

Being hooked to computer screens and smartphones will turn into being hooked on perfect simulations in virtual reality where everything is cheap and our minds can theoretically live on indefinitely for next to nothing. Value won't even have to be exchanged for the most part as consumerism will be obsolete.

This is sort of like saying, "When is the flea on the dog, going take ownership?"

BTC is $68B USD cap, US-DEBT is $600 Trillion in USD ( take cdo, and all debt forms, not just Fed-Res book, or US Treasury )

So BTC is so small compared to the dog, that he's actually smaller by proportion than the flea,

What matter's is when all this corporate 'back debt' takes on crypto for its books.

Regarding your question, Security & Privacy are missing form BTC, but the PTB don't want that, that's why the NSA/CIA pushes BTC hard, but its also why CHINA has diversified,

I suspect that given CHINA owns all crypto-space, that in TIME they will release the one true coin that rules them all, but china  also will not give the sheep a coin that provides privacy, or security.

Thus its up to the little people to make their own 'super bitcoin', but bear in mind this coin will never be the BIGGEST, just the BEST.
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:56:18 AM

Let us all see what goes on in the future as we are only speculating but the am sure it will be hard to take over from it with the current and even the sign of future preference,

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:20:32 AM

I think bitcoin is still bitcoin but as what technology change because it keeps on innovating. We can say that as time passes by it still have sustainable development.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:27:42 AM

In my opinion, as what the saying goes that "HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF" we know that bitcoin marks all through out the world. Maybe some countries has not yet adopting this kind of currency but as what high technology affects economy there would be a better future for bitcoin.
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:39:17 AM

Bitcoin is still a bitcoin and will become a transaction tool, because until now there are no other transaction tools other than bitcoin and crypto, there is no description of after bitcoin. What is certain is that many coins want to shift the position of bitcoin and become a larger community.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Duche1976

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:23:27 AM

as the industry matures the blockchain companies will shine. I feel like they will bring mainstream adoption at both a retail, regulatory and government level. I am just following projects supported by big institutional and traditional players as they are most likely to be "accepted" by the powers that be.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:04:14 AM

One thing is wrong in your opinion, I think the price of bitcoin will never be stable. Just like gold stocks or other assets, their prices always go up and down because that's what the rules are.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:07:59 AM

I don't believe that the world will become so "digitized" as you describe it.What about the poor countries in the third world?Do you think they will become "digitized"?However,to answer your question about what comes after bitcoin.My answer is...nothing. Grin
The blockchain technology might be adopted in various industries,but all cryptocurrencies will become obsolete.

There are always ways to implement things once government legalized cryptocurrency. To digitized the world is unrealistic due to the fact that there are still things that technology cannot do. In case it will, I think the world in the future is more advance than we think today.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Over time as bitcoin goes mainstream there will be lower demand for banking services. Household bills will have the option of being paid in bitcoin and people will start to switch over

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 08:12:05 AM

Of course there will be others created to resemble bitcoin in line with the times and great technological advances, will be adopted and used but it will not shift bitcoin to the second. Digital progress will not shift Fiat money that has been running and is determined by each country but this digital one will apply equally to the outstanding Fiat.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

One thing is wrong in your opinion, I think the price of bitcoin will never be stable. Just like gold stocks or other assets, their prices always go up and down because that's what the rules are.

It is not the rules, it is like that because it is like that.

Investing and trading has no rules, you analyze the price charts, you make some investments and you wait. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are like that and we should ve really patient in terms of the profit. The prices might be long before it goes up but patient is a virtue, good things happen for those who wait.
taratorly

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:19:13 AM

I wish I knew. It would be great and I would be famous like Satoshi. Clever people can change the available techs and method. You can ask what will come after Bitcoin to them.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:53:21 AM

At present, it is impossible to say exactly what will happen to cryptocurrencies, what development will lead us to. The cryptocurrency market is very unpredictable, and is still at the stage of distribution and development.

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:18:53 AM

At present, it is impossible to say exactly what will happen to cryptocurrencies, what development will lead us to. The cryptocurrency market is very unpredictable, and is still at the stage of distribution and development.
people's concern now is about the price of Bitcoin and currently still in recovery, we will not know what will happen with cryptocurrency in the future and market prices are difficult to for predict. but crypto scientists are sure that in the future Bitcoin will be increasingly favored by society and now we only need to follow the development and interesting news about Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: