Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is sacrificing privacy data important?  (Read 832 times)
Ludmilla_rose1995 (OP)

Activity: 1532
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:22:53 PM

Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.

Airdrop is a free token given by a company just to make them popular or just to introduce the project and the team were really need a KYC as proof that the token or coins was given to a particular person and I think there's no problem if it is a legitimate company , but if you don't want to share your private data ,then it is better not to join .
This generally sounds like something stupid if we say that KYC verification is necessary in order to provide evidence that tokens are distributed to a specific person. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? This is complete nonsense. Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid. You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any small change and we will be offered to first fill out a special noob form with your data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?
In my opinion, if the ICO team or the developer are afraid to give their tokens to the wrong people (Maybe terrorists), then KYC is not effective. Criminals can buy tokens when tokens are on the exchange list, and they do not need to fill out KYC forms to buy tokens on the coin exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:51:35 PM

Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.

If it is legit team and they only request KYC just for verification purposes I think there's no problem with it , but if some people were being interested with other data and it will be used for their own good or interests , I think that's a valid reason to avoid KYC .
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:02:35 PM

No crypto privacy will ever happen. Projects require confirmation of identity, exchanges require confirmation of identity ... In our world there is no anonymity, this applies to absolutely all business activities, including crypto. You just will not be able to work ..
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:02:27 AM

I think it is not necessary at all, if we try keep our privacy from other people. Here in crypto industry, we can't avoid to keep it secret because most ICO's, bounties, airdrops requires KYC verification  to be eligible for the tokens. There are also times, that we need to pass verification in the exchange platforms and we can't fake it because it requires valid IDs.
It is incredibly important. I think anything that requires any sort of knowledge from me aside from a name or what not is too much and I do not deal with it. The possibility of some place having all my info and tons of info on other people is still incredibly scary.

You are afraid of people hacking exchanges to get your bitcoins which is a viable stress you can have however you are forgetting that almost all big exchanges now have KYC procedure and those do not really get saved any different and the hacker could get info on almost all people.

There has been breaches of information in many places online and people have really got their lives ruined because of them and here we are talking like some crypto company can keep all our info safer then all the other places. Not a chance.
Cat Coin

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:13:39 AM

For companies in doubt, it may be better to make a separate wallet, and a different address. So you will protect your main investment.

santouao

Activity: 560

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:28:33 AM

There are reasons why some asked for this. Maybe one of it is that the stellar devs dont want to give off some of their coins into cheaters and scammers and only want to distribute their coins on those real people. I know that privacy is important and giving off data to other people is a dangerous move but they dont care cause there is a reward token which can be exchange for money and thats matter for them.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:49:10 AM

As for me, giving those personal information just to get a few coins from airdrop isn't good enough.
I would surely avoid that kind of airdrop. but it would be different if i were to make an investment, i think it still acceptable to do a KYC.

cctv0

Activity: 344
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

I agree with this XLM airdrop. They don't use your privacy. They just hope that the coin will let more people know, but in order to prevent a person from getting multiple rewards, they can only pass KYC.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:43:04 AM

I agree with this XLM airdrop. They don't use your privacy. They just hope that the coin will let more people know, but in order to prevent a person from getting multiple rewards, they can only pass KYC.
How can you be sure that they won't use your ID's upon submitting it?

You don't trust your identities with any of these online establishments unless they are listed locally. Though they are requiring to do it because they need to check those double applications so it won't be abused. But they can also abuse those requirements tbh.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀