Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum 2.0 when?  (Read 14359 times)
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:43:54 PM

In 2019-2020 there will be several changes and development upgrades for ETH platform. The first one will be on 16th of January. (Constantinople hard fork at block 7.080.000).

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:41:04 PM

It seems to me that today it really makes sense to talk about the timing of the release of the new hard fork, because such moments can really begin to raise the market from their knees.
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:52:51 PM

Hi guys, I have heard a lot about next Ethereum update 2.0 that brings so many good features to Ethereum platform (POS, shardering..)
But my answer is when we can expect this update? I cant find any exact date. Do you know more informations about that?
Because if Ethereum 2.0 comes, it would be a game changing moment for EOS and other competitors.

There were at least two attempts to conduct hardfork, Constantinople, and both times not successfully.  Immediately before updating the network, an unverified fragment was added to the kernel code, in which a vulnerability was subsequently discovered.  ETH core developers have proposed to launch a system-wide update Constantinople in late February.  Provisional date 27/02/19.  A more accurate starting date will be announced later.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:06:05 PM

I think that in the current market situation there will be no significant updates to ethereum that could lead to the fact that he will get a very significant advantage over his competitors, the ethereum team in my opinion does not work too well. I can say with confidence that I am not very pleased with the work of the team of this project.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 475

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:24:24 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is a promise to people by CEO VITALIK VUTERIN though it was postponed twice i think.
There are some glitch that must be corrected. but i hope soon it will be good and what the CEO said will be correct.
The price of the ETHEREUM will pump good after HARD FORK.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:40:04 PM

Nobody knows for sure. I think Constantinople hardfork was the first step of this large update, but it got postponed and now we need to wait at least one month for the hardfork and maybe one more year till the general update.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:59:26 PM

As I know, Vitalik Buterin hinted that Ethereum 2.0 is not far away ( it's not exactly).  However, Ethereum 2.0 consists of three key projects:

Proof-of-stake (Beacon Chain, Casper FFG)
Sharding
eWASM
This will make Ethereum scalable Smiley

when viewed from yesterday's update which was postponed, I doubt 2.0 will be released soon. maybe there are still a few years to come until the system is ready.
and if that happens there is no more hope for ethereum because the holders have gone to other platforms like EOS and Cardano.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
pokxon

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 04:59:30 PM

What is Ethereum 2.0? I just heard people say Ethereum (ETH). ETH will have new updates on their systems. They will change from POW to POS but it has been delayed for a number of security reasons. I also look forward to news from them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:06:32 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is a promise to people by CEO VITALIK VUTERIN though it was postponed twice i think.
There are some glitch that must be corrected. but i hope soon it will be good and what the CEO said will be correct.

That's right, the date of introduction of hardfork event was changed twice. I think that in order not to make next confusion, no next date is given and they will do it only after they are sure that everything is prepared properly.
swetka

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:00:55 PM

That's right, the date of introduction of hardfork event was changed twice. I think that in order not to make next confusion, no next date is given and they will do it only after they are sure that everything is prepared properly.
I think that the team should be sure of the flawlessness of its product and only then present it to the public and to use it. K at stake is a very big bet, where I am. As a result, the security of the funds of all users of cryptocurrency is found.
Dinmazsae

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:09:37 PM

Ethereum (ETH) has launched its first pre-release for the zero transition phase that expanded from the network to Ethereum 2.0, according to a new post published to Ethereum's github on January 31.
This post notes that "this marks the first release in a series of weekly releases until February 2019. Phase 0 in v0.1 is relatively full-featured and close to stable."
Ethereum 2.0, also known as Serenity, is planned to be the last system upgrade, because all network transitions from proof-of-work (PoW) to the consensus proof-of-stake (PoS) algorithm, and handle basic questions such as scalability, economic finality and security.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 05:22:22 PM

I also waiting for Ethereum to go to PoS so i can get coins without need to mine, because even if i mine i will be in a loss after paid electricity, and i also not put the cost of mining equipment.
jmethel

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:28:54 PM

good prognosis on the ETH. as I understand it will happen in the near future.

Ethereum Price Prediction 2019 – ETH Price May Touch $1450 In 2019
https://coinswitch.co/news/ethereum-price-prediction-2019-eth-price-to-touch-1450-usd-in-2019-latest-ethereum-news-update
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 06:29:23 PM

Ethereum developers already announced  ethereum 2.0 and Constantinople hardfork. First time that was postponed to a new date. But they successfully did it on second time. So the hardfork is  already done. Now they work on the phase where they work on scalability issues and transaction issues. And maybe they will changed from POW to POS. But they said that it will take time to establish full POS to work on the platform. But they are working on it.

swetka

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 06:42:27 PM

Ethereum developers already announced  ethereum 2.0 and Constantinople hardfork. First time that was postponed to a new date. But they successfully did it on second time. So the hardfork is  already done. Now they work on the phase where they work on scalability issues and transaction issues. And maybe they will changed from POW to POS. But they said that it will take time to establish full POS to work on the platform. But they are working on it.
in any case, it is very gratifying to the moment that the errors in the security sector of the block ethereum were eliminated. Today, the speed of transactions after the update of Constantinople is a little noticeable. Although, as Vitalik Buterin stated, This is only the foundation for further updates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: