Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC  (Read 11354 times)
MilaNOV

Activity: 169
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 09:19:16 PM

KYC can be complicated and at times unnecessary especially for small airdrops.
What do you think?

From one point of view KYC is not a good thing and just the method to get our data, from the other point of view it is a good thing to secure some participants and projects. In my opinion it is needed in some processes, but in some it is not necessary at all. The key point that I remember to be very attentive passing KYC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ambcoin

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 09:43:40 PM

Yes it is unnecessary to give KYC  for airdrop as its usually a project without ICO and working platform.  Better to stay away.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:50:19 PM

For airdrop, this procedure is definitely unnecessary. They are attended by a lot of people and why the project needs the data of all these people? But on the other hand, it would help to get rid of various bots and multi-accounts and real people would get more tokens. The only problem is that most of the airdrops are scammers and participate in them has long been not profitable.

CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:55:01 PM

In General, the KYC procedure is not so terrible. This is quite a reasonable measure to stop the participation of bots and multi accounts. But this is a reasonable measure for normal projects. And you need to check the project very well before you send it your data.
SmSmasuk

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:58:46 PM

I also agree with you. for now there are many projects that use KYC for bounty and small airdrops hunters.
I don't think it needs to be applied to bounty hunters who just want to work, KYC should be required for investors and buyers only.
Moreover, KYC, which I feel is very complicated for hunter bounties and small airdrops, is very detrimental to us as bounty hunters and small airdrops.

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:00:19 PM

What do you think?

I think KYC is just really necessary for investors in order to verify that they are really going to be part of the project. But for the case of airdrop, the reason is too weak. In bounty, it sometimes needs because many users duplicates their accounts.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

Before passing for the KYC requirement just do a research about the project before making into action to evade such personal data being compromised. Although complying such requirements gives a good benefit when the project is legit where bounty participants is being filtered and distributing the stake is quite bigger.
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:51:48 PM

You should only do KYC when you are investing on a token sale. Do not submit KYC details when you are just joining a airdrop. KYC is a requirement for the law compliance, airdrop does not cover that. Do not expose your credentials by just a small portion of reward.

Sifon

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:18:16 PM

What do you think?

Oh well, it's simple, I'll never do KYC for worthless airdrops. It's a complete waste of time and senseless way of dropping your IDs with people who you're not sure are legit
Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:20:43 PM

KYC for investors is a necessity, because investors are investing their money and the project must be sure that its investors are not people who have acquired this money in a criminal way. For participants in the bounty, KYC is not such a necessity, because they are not invest their money.
yescrypto

Activity: 319

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:37:16 PM

Having kyc for just airdrop is actually a way of scamming people off their information, saw one some days ago and it reminded a full ID info for just opening an account on their site which happened to be their airdrop and i keep wondering how is that related if not something more are to be considered about them. Well we are left to choose what to do now

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:46:26 PM

if i were you, i won't do the KYC for a small airdrop. it mean you sell your self information for a pennies to unknown people.
maybe they will use the KYC that you've submitted to do something crime. or maybe they use submitted KYC to join other airdrops/giveaway that use some KYC  Sad

chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:52:02 PM

NO. KYC is not worth it for airdrops. I don't see a point on why they need KYC for sending tokens that has the same price as the cheapest candies. The worst airdrop I receive is around $0.5 USD. This is not a typo error, that is the right price and its not worth our effort. Although there are a few airdrops that was giving out a decent amount, KYC must not be required because it requires a lot of effort and the rewards are not worth it.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 01:27:22 AM

I think KYC is very ridiculous process for airdrops because we don't get enough token for make KYC

I agree there was one airdrop that asked me to do a KYC in exchange for their $5 worth of token, wow they want my data for their useless token that they think will fetch $5 in the market where they do not offer anything to the public, and they just want to dump their bags when the right time comes.

fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:11:10 AM

I think this is often asked in this case. KYC can be good and bad things to be felt. If viewed from a policy of anonymous so KYC is incompatible with it. even more often it is used for identity theft even if it's just for things like not even airdrop get results commensurate with the risk.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:23:17 AM

airdrops that needs KYC is a joke, why do you send all information about you for just a cents, airdrops these days are not worth it and having KYC to qualify is very risky, they will gonna use your information to scam people so don't join.

r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:29:37 AM

KYC is a great tool for ICOs and Bounties, because it helps to identify cheaters, but I would never risk my personal information for a small airdrop that is worth absolutely nothing. Be advised and be careful with your information.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:56:22 AM

Well, this is already funny, I have never come across this before, but now I don’t share them. Many have already been obsessed with KYC, and some are straightforward although I have complete information about myself. I’m more annoyed by novice exchanges that require KYC before they could make a deposit, get to the bottom of every little thing, it’s very annoying when you have to wait 3-4 days to get to the exchange
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:10:18 AM

What do you think?

you can ignore it and not do KYC especially for airdrop. but if you take part in a signature campaign, you can't help but do it as a way to accept tokens. and almost all ico currently register KYC
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:16:14 AM

What do you think?

you can ignore it and not do KYC especially for airdrop. but if you take part in a signature campaign, you can't help but do it as a way to accept tokens. and almost all ico currently register KYC
yes I really agree with that. I also think if the tokens we get are small and not worth the complexity of the KYC that we have to do then you should ignore them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: