Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An International Summit of Cryptocurrencies on North Korea to be held in 2019.  (Read 543 times)
Eirecoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:52:35 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 06:34:16 AM by Eirecoin

The next year between the 18 and 25 of April Pyongyang is going to host an International Summit of Cryptocurrencies.

The North Koreans are trying to get updated and trying to get into the digital world and the world of the cryptocurrencies, maybe they are no so far behind as we thought (for being a communist country)

The only bad thing is that Jews, Japanese, south Koreans, and journalist are not allowed.

for more information visit this link:https://news.bitcoin.com/north-korea-to-hold-crypto-conference-in-april/

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:03:38 AM

I don't get it. They don't allow the Internet to be used on the public, then how can they possibly use Cryptocurrencies? Is it only the government exclusive thing?

faucet used to be profitable
Eirecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:33:11 AM

All the Internet traffic in North Korea is routed through China and it is very restricted but available, and It is 100% probable the government is watching everything you do with it. Angry

davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:28:10 AM

I don't get it. They don't allow the Internet to be used on the public, then how can they possibly use Cryptocurrencies? Is it only the government exclusive thing?

Yes,i assume that only the communist elite will have the privilige to use cryptocurrencies.
Perhaps they will use cryptos as a tool to bypass the international sanctions over North Korea,when it comes to financial transactions.I remember that a few bank accounts in Asian banks,that belong to North Korea were blocked a few years ago.

Summation

Merit: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:03:35 AM

I don't think any exchange can accept North Korean currency to buy crypto, and North Korean banks don't allow ordinary people to exchange dollars, so crypto is hard to be exposed to ordinary people in North Korea.
Maybe only some of their Official have a way to get crypto.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Olaiasal11
Copper Member

Activity: 267
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:27:05 AM

I just can not understand whether the North Korean government wants to use crypto, or the North Korean people are trying to use it. Because the people of that country have restrictions on internet usage. North Korean government wants to introduce crypto to hide its own corruption!   Think of it now?

This is my personal opinion. If the North Korean government gives its citizens the chance to use it, then I would like to thank the North Korean government.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:40:42 AM

Jews are not allowed?! Are they serious, i can understand about the south koreans, possibly the japanese, but jews is a bit too nazi like. Doubt there will be a big turn out for that anyway

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Eirecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:50:43 AM

Jews are not allowed?! Are they serious, i can understand about the south koreans, possibly the japanese, but jews is a bit too nazi like. Doubt there will be a big turn out for that anyway

He he yes it is weird. What have  the jews  done to North Korea?

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:07:34 AM

Lol! It sounds similar to "Modi government to host an Eid party" when they want to showcase the world that they are secular.

Beware! the delegates may not leave the country after the summit is over as Kim Jong Un may want to keep some of the knowledgeable delegates at his own zoo to mine cryptocurrency for him!

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:45:40 AM

Yes,i assume that only the communist elite will have the privilige to use cryptocurrencies.
Perhaps they will use cryptos as a tool to bypass the international sanctions over North Korea,when it comes to financial transactions.I remember that a few bank accounts in Asian banks,that belong to North Korea were blocked a few years ago.

If that happens I think that's unfair and they just become selective for the crypto users. And if they don't allow the internet to be used in public it means those people who can avail that opportunity are the elite people to their country. Sounds that their going to do something which I think they want to know the public citizens but I'm not sure for this things anyway.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:39:39 AM

this is weird! they force deep censorship on almost anything, even on people's personal lives, and they want to host crypto conferences!
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

I don't think any exchange can accept North Korean currency to buy crypto, and North Korean banks don't allow ordinary people to exchange dollars, so crypto is hard to be exposed to ordinary people in North Korea.
Maybe only some of their Official have a way to get crypto.

You are right they are very strict when it comes to their people, I don't know if they will let a group or ordinary people trade in exchange, the most likely that is going to promote and use cryptocurrency in that country is the government official and it's a good news North Korea is joining the crypto community.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:39:52 PM

All the Internet traffic in North Korea is routed through China and it is very restricted but available, and It is 100% probable the government is watching everything you do with it. Angry

Hong Kong to be exact, and that is also their financial gateway towards the outside world as well.

Going back to the topic, I find it hard that the North Koreans will be holding a crypto summit, and an international at that one, for something they don't seem to be connected with (or at least we don't know). It's like the secretive nation of communists are trying to reach out in the outside world by staying hidden within the shadows (bitcoin). While this might not seem to be positive, the end result is that it's just the government who will benefit from this in the long run and not their citizens, sadly.

I'm interested as to how will things pan out.

nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:01:42 PM

It is not clear how a country like North Korea will use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. They have huge restrictions on the use of the Internet, what to say about cryptocurrency.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:08:24 PM

Well we cannot rule out the possibility that this exclusive event is for people who can help them. Although we have seen some kind of peace offering to their Southern counterpart the cryptocurrency industry might be there edge in terms of improving their country economically. Also the possibility of no news spreading is low even without the media as delegates will be from around the globe and I think it won't be avoided sharing their experiences to other people once the summit event has been finished.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:13:50 PM

I dont know what to think about this.
But I find it as a bad thing rather than good.
We know how North Korea had been running their government and their restrictions are way too much. Also, it is like they control everything there.

In a different kind of view though it will a good usage if it will just be for their country. Why make a summit for it. Let it stay with the meeting from their officials on their own country. Besides, they dont really care what others will say.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:41:06 PM

I would like to attend this event. But by 2019, the cryptocurrencies may inevitably collapse in value.

ribowo76

Activity: 784

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 04:51:35 PM

Personally, I doubt. Will later, cryptocurrency be able to grow in North Korea? Because as we know, the North Korean government is very restrictive for its people to access the internet
Eirecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:25:11 PM

Hong Kong to be exact, and that is also their financial gateway towards the outside world as well.

Going back to the topic, I find it hard that the North Koreans will be holding a crypto summit, and an international at that one, for something they don't seem to be connected with (or at least we don't know). It's like the secretive nation of communists are trying to reach out in the outside world by staying hidden within the shadows (bitcoin). While this might not seem to be positive, the end result is that it's just the government who will benefit from this in the long run and not their citizens, sadly.

I'm interested as to how will things pan out.

Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire after Qing China ceded Hong Kong Island at the end of the First Opium War in 1842.The colony expanded to the Kowloon Peninsula in 1860 after the Second Opium War, and was further extended when Britain obtained a 99-year lease of the New Territories in 1898. The territory was returned to China when the lease expired in 1997. As a special administrative region, Hong Kong's system of government is separate from that of mainland China. Source Wikipedia. So Hong Kong is a part of China...

More and more countries are  interested in bitcoin now so for me it is a good new

Eirecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

The problem is that any nation or international company or internet company that start to trade with North Korea will be sanctioned by the United States so nobody wants to trade with them only China and Russia. North Korea has their own internet the "Kwangmyong"

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: