Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Concerns About Bitcoin ?  (Read 19177 times)
ibrayzorhaf

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:32:55 PM

according to me about crypto this is amazing, crypto provides sophisticated technology where everything can be done quickly and easily, in just seconds it can be sent easily.and in my opinion today is anything that can happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

Just like to ask everyone out there. What are your top 5 Concerns regarding more less Cryptocurrency? not just Bitcoin in General. But more in the whole area of Cryptocurrency?

This could from regulation? Adoption? uses?

What would be your main concerns and thoughts about cryptocurrency?
That's an interesting question and thread have got some really good responses. My top concerns are as follows

1) What if governments want to kill bitcoin from the root? Like arresting the core developers and deleting all the open source repos?
2) What if people stop contributing to bitcoin?
3) Will lightening network ever have any commercial applications?
4) What is the next big thing in the crypto revolution after the ICO crap?
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:37:14 PM

The most important concern is volatility, I think. Because people buy crypto in order to make a profit, but there is a risk that the coin may not meet expectations. Also of great concern is the loss of their funds. I try to apply different degrees of security to my assets, but there is still concern.

kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:37:41 PM

in my opinion, public adoption of crypto, today, we see the spread, investment and crypto trading volume getting better, many big companies, and world leaders who start to care about crypto.

so, we don't worry about adoption, because we will see positive improvements in the future.

friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:41:31 PM

My buiggest concern is that I don't have enough, and I may not be able to build my holding before the next bull run.

People have been reporting my posts for the exact same level of sarcasm! Which it probably isn't, right? Cool

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
tahozor

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:55:02 AM

1. What can Bitcoin be used for?
 2. Where do they come from and where to get bitcoin?
3. What is Bitcoin provided with?
 4. Can I make money on the difference of cryptocurrency rates?
5. I have bitcoins, what to do with them?
risky ipkt

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

I am worried about bitcoin because even though there are negative issues circulating in the media, the bad news is for me a market mafia game to reduce the price of bitcoin in the market, for example the issue of hacking bitcoin by thieves

dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:34:50 AM

Well for me some of the concerns I have with bitcoin is the how bitcoin system works, there are some man power behind it I think why it keep changing, also the condition of marketplace and the trading area those are the things that bothers me most, although we really can't control it neither we can predict what will happen next yet we still looking forward and somehow believe it will work accordingly.

arkawa040

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:49:55 AM

Recently, I began to very much fear of fraud, too high a percentage of the bench, the scams are projects that have been working for a long time, and become completely new projects because of which not only the popularity of the crypto currency falls, but also leave the money world of the crypto currency forever, which reduces the overall capitalization leading to market movements to the bottom. The scams need to be combated in a very quick order, but how??? no one knows.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 02:22:43 PM

My concerns about bitcoin is how it would effectively contribute to the socioeconomic development of the world at large.
I have concerns about adoption.
Bitcoin needs to be adoption generally and become a medium of payment which would enable holders to purchase goods and services for bitcoin.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 03:06:31 PM

Just like to ask everyone out there. What are your top 5 Concerns regarding more less Cryptocurrency? not just Bitcoin in General. But more in the whole area of Cryptocurrency?

1. Blockchain is more important than Bitcoin
2. Lack of leadership
3. Laws and rules
4. Problems with time and mining
5. Fear, uncertainty, doubt

riska hanissa

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 05:03:20 PM

ICO suffered from lack of regulations.
imperfect regulations, there are many frauds in the crypto business that exploit loopholes in the law.
there is no technological progress behind Bitcoin. Low transaction capacity and rather high costs.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
mellonballer

Activity: 33
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 05:20:33 PM

The design of bitcoin and the increase in difficulty make centralization of mining facilities inevitable. We are already seeing this happen, as difficulty goes up and price does not adequately correlate , fewer and fewer people can afford to run mining farms, as this trend continues the transaction processing power of the network becomes increasingly consolidated,  which increases the likelihood of a 51% attack and also eliminates one of the primary functions/features of btc, the decentralization of the system.

How much do you think bitcoin will be worth when there are less than 5 facilities left in the world with electrical rates low enough to run machines? I say 0.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:13:15 AM

1. Blockchain is more important than Bitcoin
2. Lack of leadership
3. Laws and rules
4. Problems with time and mining
5. Fear, uncertainty, doubt

1. If not because of bitcoin , i dont think blockchain will be discovered  . although you got a point blockchain is important because if no blockchain theres also no bitcoin

2. What do you mean by this ?

3. law/rules are country dependent .  thats normal and its not threating to others at all .

4. You mean slower transactions ?  Well that also depends on your fee output . if you pay less you will struggle . so make sure you only pay sufficient amount .

5. This problem is from the person itself . if he wont face the risk  , he wont experience the goodnes of bitcoin  .
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:21:10 AM

i think bitcoin is a weakness at the customer support and the sensitive with the phishing website, so the user need to care about the phishing website and i think you should checking twice before sending the bitcoin

The weakness needed for a phishing attack to work is the greatest weakness in any security system - Humans.

The problem here is the people themselves precisely, not only customers but the employees of the companies and in that case is much much worse because they should have enough training to avoid mistakes like those which can cost a lot.

Mistakes happen yes but the risk and consequences of each kind of mistake should be looked upon carefully to avoid this kind of problems. Also exchanges shifting their focus more towards security can go a long way and help a lot. Sadly they can't make themselves invincible though, but the risk can be really low in comparison to right now.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:30:28 AM

Protecting hacking is my first priority and secondly, pulling this bearish market from the bottom line. Of course, maximum people want to see that Bitcoin price will increase huge as they want profits from it.
Security is no longer the main concern in my opinion, because as long as I use bitcoin I have never been hacked or anything that make me lose, because previously there was a specific answer regarding this, use a safe wallet and add 2fa, that is enough.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 04:05:32 AM

Personally me I have worried my Bitcoin firstly,how I can get strong secority. Because we are know that begins lot of hackers in the crypto market,and their countinue do it hacked many wallet.so absolutely we need first target to save our wallet.then I want to use another section my bitcoin.how I can get profit? It's target I have always.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:28:09 PM

Bitcoin was introduced for the benefit of the people without a third party involvement for the transaction of currency all over the global as an internationally operated crypto currency .The risk in investing Bitcoin is a risky one since bitcoin is  highly volatile in price more people get interested in investing when the price increase and since no regulations in price it might drop and cause a loss to the people .
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:41:34 PM

Bitcoin was introduced for the benefit of the people without a third party involvement for the transaction of currency all over the global as an internationally operated crypto currency .The risk in investing Bitcoin is a risky one since bitcoin is  highly volatile in price more people get interested in investing when the price increase and since no regulations in price it might drop and cause a loss to the people .

That's right, people become very much eager only if it becomes popular and a serious talk in public. Its the reality of human nature yes bitcoin's main motto to develop this crypto to avoid third party transaction, a lot of them were very curious on buying bitcoin when the value was over the moon in 2017. unfortunately it has dropped massively and need not to worry it will boom again.
leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 03:42:21 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2019, 03:52:42 PM by leonair

Protecting hacking is my first priority and secondly, pulling this bearish market from the bottom line. Of course, maximum people want to see that Bitcoin price will increase huge as they want profits from it.
Security is no longer the main concern in my opinion, because as long as I use bitcoin I have never been hacked or anything that make me lose, because previously there was a specific answer regarding this, use a safe wallet and add 2fa, that is enough.
I agree with iMark, securing someone else Bitcoin wallet isn't not big deal anymore for as long as the user follow the safety precautions on how to use and secure wallets and besides hacking incidents happened more on cryptocurrency exchanges and centralized platforms but not to Bitcoin wallets itself.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███