Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Action vs Fundamental  (Read 295 times)
LMBDA (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:11:17 AM

What is considered to be the best 'bear market' approach as a newbie - Price Action or Fundamental trading?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:36:42 AM

What is considered to be the best 'bear market' approach as a newbie - Price Action or Fundamental trading?
The basic transaction will be good for the newbie. You will learn a variety of trading methods to reduce transaction costs and understand many different trading platforms. then you can invest in value, it's still not late.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:16:23 AM

I think the wisest thing a "newbie" could do during the bear markets is waiting, patience is the reason why rich people are rich. A person with 50 billion dollars that put about 10 million dollars into bitcoin doesn't care if his money is not 5 million dollars, he put that money down into bitcoin because he believes in the fundemental idea behind it and thinks it would be a wise decision to have some investments there but in the end he doesn't really care until that money is a lot more like 50 million instead.

However a dude with 2000 dollars in his pocket investing it ALL into crypto has a problem, when it drops to 1000 dollars he is really losing his money and gets anxious about what will happen next. Act as if you have billions and forget about your investment, the only way a newbie could make a profit during bear markets.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:44:32 AM

Price auction to me is totally out of the question,especially when you'll be auctioning your coins for lower than you bought them,there happen to be a lot of trading strategies,the veterans in trading are more familiar with them,and put them into effect in times like this..

But from my dawning knowledge about trading,i have come to understand that the safest means of trading for a noob,that requires no expertise whatsoever nor any trading skill, is hodling and patience,its basically easy to do,as long as you didn't invest all the money in your pocket...
When the price is then above what you bought for,then you can sell and make profits
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:46:02 AM

Price auction to me is totally out of the question,especially when you'll be auctioning your coins for lower than you bought them,there happen to be a lot of trading strategies,the veterans in trading are more familiar with them,and put them into effect in times like this..

But from my dawning knowledge about trading,i have come to understand that the safest means of trading for a noob,that requires no expertise whatsoever nor any trading skill, is hodling and patience,its basically easy to do,as long as you didn't invest all the money in your pocket...
When the price is then above what you bought for,then you can sell and make profits
Seems you have missed the point here. No one is talking about auctioning, we are talking about price action. Generally, for a while now in the market, I am sure anyone will know basically that fundamental analysis is not something you really do not want to be relying on which in this case, talking about some news and development as the market is highly speculative. However, when it comes to price action, it is basically a better way to relate with the market trend and possible reversal as far as I am concerned. You can combine the two, but relying only on FA won't do you any good, I would rather stick with price action alone if I have to pick one.

As a newbie though, trying to trade a bear market is not a problem, but make sure you know what you are doing, have a plan and strategy, and be sure you can execute them without emotional involvement.
life time trader

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

for major correction fundamentals will be good after that you will see those movements in charts as price action if you are new wait for corrections until you see majority for bull candles above a good level than think of entering with good risk rewards   
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:11:40 PM

Depends on trading style. As a short term trader you need to consider real market balance for small timeframes. Fundamental analyse is not suitable for this type of "hit-run"  trading which requires to react instantly on every single movement. Short term traders are looking for best setups on charts which can boost in 5 min-2 hour. In bear market short selling every pullback is good  known common active trading strategy. Newbies should trade on demo accounts before jumping in train Wink
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:29:56 PM

In crypto trading fundamental analysis is most profound compared to price action because fundamental moves the market meanwhile price action also work with a higher timeframe unlike the smaller timeframe due to the noises and high volatility more so technical analysis can also be helpful in your trading decisions but cryptos do defies TA in most cases.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:13:57 PM

None. Because if your goal in the bear market is to make profit, I'm sure you will be having a hard time specially a newbie like you. I would advise you to go to make a step backward and just see how the market moves. Of course if you really wanted to test the waters then go for it, but don't expect a good return because even a mid level trading will find it hard to survived in this bear market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
sametyui73

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:03:06 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley :)For major correction fundamentals will be good after that you will see those movements in charts as price action if you are new wait for corrections until you see majority for bull candles above a good level than think of entering with good risk rewards.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley   
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:08:38 AM

I think one of the safe things a newbie have to do is money management. Don't be too greedy, the terrain might not be familiar and could be a fire spot for you. Patient also will be good  for you while you watch properly to take a decision.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:42:53 AM

for major correction fundamentals will be good after that you will see those movements in charts as price action if you are new wait for corrections until you see majority for bull candles above a good level than think of entering with good risk rewards   

Yes, when the price up or down significantly, fundamentals will be good to be followed otherwise we can use price actions. In cryptocurrency trading, we could use both of the methods in combination. We just need to see what is happening. Whether the price moves normally or not.

astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:14:35 AM

the bear market happened a few days ago and I as a trader prefer price action because I need daily profit and this is important for my current trade. the trading fundamentals that I do are not significantly influential, maybe because this is FUD or fake news
LMBDA (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley :)For major correction fundamentals will be good after that you will see those movements in charts as price action if you are new wait for corrections until you see majority for bull candles above a good level than think of entering with good risk rewards.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley   

Thank you all, but both of you answered in the same way Huh
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:01:12 AM

That's depend your strategy, most people use price action to know market direction ( technical method ). Fundamental only use to take fast buy fast sell action, this is speculation ( whale ). Strategy is depend your knowledge and experience, as long you know how to use it glory will be yours.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 06:34:23 PM

That's the sample of copy pasting neither accidentally or just basically showing off that these guys are just alt-accounts to each other.

By the way, answering topic, fundamental is somehow connected with price action yet you can utilize news events on such possible order would be made.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:13:12 AM

I mostly making a decision depends on the fundamental results but price action also is important so earn some profit. Honestly, i am really confused which action to follow so i always set a proper expectation when to buy or sell that altcoin and also setting a stop loss. Today's market looks no longer following either TA or FA and i felt like a clear manipulation is running in the market. Safest thing to do for now is to do not invest more than 50% of your fiat so that you have your back up money for buy backs.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

That's depend your strategy, most people use price action to know market direction ( technical method ). Fundamental only use to take fast buy fast sell action, this is speculation ( whale ). Strategy is depend your knowledge and experience, as long you know how to use it glory will be yours.
In this market, when obviously nothing reacts to fundamentals, I will say that is the last thing anyone want to be making use of to trade. Sure, you can use it, but the best is to use price action to make the decisions. With price action, there is a possibility of at least anticipating possible movement to any side, but relying on fundamental alone is the last thing anyone want to be doing
Brawnsugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:57:40 AM

In this bearish market condition, as a newbie you certainly have no business trading, as it could easily be a waste pipe. I would rather you stay away from trading while using the time to gather more knowledge
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:22:35 AM

That's the sample of copy pasting neither accidentally or just basically showing off that these guys are just alt-accounts to each other.

By the way, answering topic, fundamental is somehow connected with price action yet you can utilize news events on such possible order would be made.
LOL. Copy pasting with a smile at the beginning at the end of the last one. Users in this space, will not seem to keep amusing me. Fundamental generally like you said should be connected with price action, but fundamental in this space is something you really do not want to care much about. However, anyone who wants to use fundamental should at least wait to see the reaction on the chart first, which is where it would be easy to anticipate for a possibility, but not until then, as you always want to make sure you are threading the market cautiously.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: