Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:03:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: miss out on bitcoin past low price? it's fine, if you miss out now you to blame  (Read 661 times)
Onuohakk (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:09:08 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), Sharon121212 (2), Peacemaker1994 (1)

Don't get me wrong am not a fortune teller nor am I a future predictor. Am just an investor that believes in long term investment. I did get to miss out on the suppose glory days of bitcoin using last year as example when the price started the year at around $700 and by November reach a height of $20,000 I am not blaming my self or am I regretting it

A lot of factors prevented me from investing as at that time and I don't believe that there is a wrong time to invest except possibly when the price reaches above $50,000.
    the price of late are dropping are again at the close of the year 2018 and this is causing panic amongst investors and possible future investors critics has even predicted the drop trend to go on for a while and bitcoin will not recover soon.

But I see this situation as an opportunity to purchase extra bitcoin. Business is all about calculated risk you don't just move with news alone the could be sponsored shilling or FUD bitcoin is over nine years now and has created a good level of establishment.

If you had missed out on bitcoin previously it's fine.  If you miss out now then blame yourself

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:07:48 AM

Do not forget that so many people also bought when bitcoin was priced at 20k Dollars, and such individuals are currently at a fix at the moment,you cannot really complain about not investing when you claim you ought to...
It takes time to understand the market trends in order to maximize profits through investmenting as well as the sort of trader you are..
If you're a short term trader I really doubt this is the right time to purchase bitcoins.
But if you're a long term trader,who purchases coins and forget about them in your wallet,then it's fine to purchase some more...

Most times its down to luck and making sure you invest what you sure can afford to lose
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

... critics has even predicted the drop trend to go on for a while and bitcoin will not recover soon.

I disagree that the down trrns would continue for much longer, and we might be close to the support, whicj would hold out despite being testedultiole times.

As for when the market would recover, it depends on what 'recover is', I don't see it bouncing back soon to it's previous support.
And a bull run might well be much longer.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 12:16:27 PM

Remember guys - you don't get investment advice here on Bitcoin Talk, but you do get some good speculative comments. You should always due your own due diligence research, and never speculate with more than you can afford.

It's almost impossible to read the bottom of the market, so I try to price average. This means buying small quantities on the way into a dip, and again when you feel the price is set to rise. I missed the last dip, so I'm hoping it is going to return to dropping in price. I'm buying to hold for three years or so though.

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
Mr.durden?

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:07:18 PM

I remember the times when Bitcoin has hit 800 usd in price and a lot of my friends were selling it out. In the following months they have got cryptocurrency FOMO again and bought it back for 10k. It is hard to make correct decisions if you don't have balls of steel. Neither it is hard to buy when the market is falling. You can give whatever number of different examples from the past, but you cannot beat the psychology.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18566

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

We've spent the best part of a year listening to people complain about how they missed buying bitcoin when it was cheap, how they wish they could go back and buy more, how they wish bitcoin would fall again so they could buy more, etc. Now that bitcoin is cheap and a great time to buy, these same people are talking about how much they are panicking, are selling at a loss, and think bitcoin is dead. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Do not forget that so many people also bought when bitcoin was priced at 20k Dollars, and such individuals are currently at a fix at the moment

If you had bought at the all time high of $260 in April 2013, you would have lost 83% of your investment in only 3 days as it crashed to $45. You would also have then had to put up with the long 3 year bear market. But if you were patient enough to withstand all that, you would be up 1500% in 5 years. There is no other investment on the planet that can even come close to 1500% in 5 years, and that was with buying at current all time high. If you've bought at $20,000, and you don't need to cash out to maintain a basic standard of living, then just forget about it and come back in 5 years.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

i will say the same thing i said last year, if you want to invest in bitcoin first decide whether you want to invest in it or become a day/short term trader. because you can't be both at the same time and that makes a big difference.
then break down your investment into different steps and start buying. for example at current market you could have placed 10% at $3000, 20% at $3500, 30% at $3800, 20% at $4000 and so on. the percentages are based on your speculation about chances of that price being met and how much risk you want to take.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 10:06:56 AM

Why do you think that this is the last bottom this year? If I remember correct exchanges selling crypto to pay taxes at the end of the year and BTC always falling before Chinese New Year. So IMHO all who have money can still buy cheap BTC in the next two months.

wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:26:42 PM

Why do you think that this is the last bottom this year? If I remember correct exchanges selling crypto to pay taxes at the end of the year and BTC always falling before Chinese New Year. So IMHO all who have money can still buy cheap BTC in the next two months.
No one knows if this is the bottom, but do you think it matters at all? The price is below 4000 and even if we are conservative and assume that bitcoin will touch its previous all time high during the next five years you will still get profits of 400%, there are many opportunities in the markets but I do not know of one that so clearly indicates those kind of profits, so even if you bought bitcoin right now and the price still went down after you did it will not make much difference in the future.

But that is only true if you hold your coins and in order to do that effectively you need to be convinced about what bitcoin represents and offers to the world, because if that is not the case it will be impossible for you to hold.
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:21:12 PM

Don't get me wrong am not a fortune teller nor am I a future predictor. Am just an investor that believes in long term investment. I did get to miss out on the suppose glory days of bitcoin using last year as example when the price started the year at around $700 and by November reach a height of $20,000 I am not blaming my self or am I regretting it

A lot of factors prevented me from investing as at that time and I don't believe that there is a wrong time to invest except possibly when the price reaches above $50,000.
    the price of late are dropping are again at the close of the year 2018 and this is causing panic amongst investors and possible future investors critics has even predicted the drop trend to go on for a while and bitcoin will not recover soon.

But I see this situation as an opportunity to purchase extra bitcoin. Business is all about calculated risk you don't just move with news alone the could be sponsored shilling or FUD bitcoin is over nine years now and has created a good level of establishment.

If you had missed out on bitcoin previously it's fine.  If you miss out now then blame yourself

I do truly believe that within 5 years time or less, we won't see bitcoin below $10,000 again so what you're saying is perfectly in line with that. I'm working on putting as much fiat in to bitcoin as I safely can, although I'm not overly optimistic for a quick recovery, I am near certain that such a recovery will come and any money invested now will be multiplied in future years.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:41:30 AM

The problem is, you are considering the old days where bitcoin was only couple bucks and people could have gotten hundreds of bitcoins and now would have been rich no matter how much the price "dropped" in the past 2 weeks.

Moreover right now, even with this fall a small investor could get maybe 1 or 2 bitcoins at most (after that you are not a "small" investor) and even if the price goes ten times this amount you will be getting 40-80 thousand dollar profit. Now don't get me wrong if I am paid anything above 10 thousand dollars profit, I would be delighted but being delighted and being rich are different things.

Even if you had 100 thousand dollars right now out of nowhere, you would live a good year, a good couple years, lets say good 5 years at most. Afterwards you need money again, it is not life altering amount. However if we got in earlier we could have been millionaires and that would have been life altering.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:47:56 PM

I really will not be surprised in the next few months when possibly the market recovers, we will start seeing topics with people saying they had the chance but they missed the dip. It is quite funny that some few months ago, some were complaining about bitcoin being too expensive and if you look around now, the same people are the ones stating that the market is screwed. The obvious thing is that it is normal for people not to get it, until they make the decision to want to understand the essence of taking calculated risks and have the knowledge of what they are getting into.
rodalutor

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

The problem is, you are considering the old days where bitcoin was only couple bucks and people could have gotten hundreds of bitcoins and now would have been rich no matter how much the price "dropped" in the past 2 weeks.

Moreover right now, even with this fall a small investor could get maybe 1 or 2 bitcoins at most (after that you are not a "small" investor) and even if the price goes ten times this amount you will be getting 40-80 thousand dollar profit. Now don't get me wrong if I am paid anything above 10 thousand dollars profit, I would be delighted but being delighted and being rich are different things.

Even if you had 100 thousand dollars right now out of nowhere, you would live a good year, a good couple years, lets say good 5 years at most. Afterwards you need money again, it is not life altering amount. However if we got in earlier we could have been millionaires and that would have been life altering.

Then you need alt-coins. They're the area that you're going to be able to still turn 10k in to millions. You're right that it won't happen with BTC. At least I really don't think so. But for sure there will be at least 5 or more alt-coins in the next few years that do 100x or more.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:15:22 PM

I also missed the glory days, and I usually blame myself for that, because I knewn about it since 2011.

I only bought my first coin in 2015, when it was around $200.

davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 915

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:12:41 PM

All the people,who missed out the big pumps should be prepared.
Bitcoin went from 16 USD to 1300 USD back in 2013.
Bitcoin went from 2000 USD to 17000 USD back in 2017.
Can you imagine the next bitcoin ATH?It will happen somewhere around 2020 and it might reach 50K USD. Grin
I'm not going to miss that opportunity.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:33:05 PM

Good point. Though it's not too late yet and we may yet have seen the bottom this year. Though i share your beliefs that we should look at the long term when it comes to crypto investments. This market still has plenty of room for growth and i'm sure crashes like this would happen every now and then. We've missed out on btc at below 100 usd since we didn't believe back then. I'm willing to make a risk at this point.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rodalutor

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:06:29 PM

Can you imagine the next bitcoin ATH?It will happen somewhere around 2020 and it might reach 50K USD. Grin

BTC actually started 2017 at just under 1k. If you consider it did roughly 100x the first big bubble, 20x the next one, you can see that the exponential growth is slowing, expect the next big peak to be much smaller, maybe 5x or 10x at most. But that could be starting from the previous ATH.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏

jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:16:42 PM

The big difference between now and the past is that bitcoin is now very much in the public domain, near everyone has heard of it and at some point heard of some of the benefits, if at that point you as an individual do not choose to investigate further and consider bitcoin's potential and also the potential of investing in bitcoin then it's your fault. Previously the large majority of people would not be aware of bitcoin and its huge potential simply because it was not as well known or spread.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:37:27 PM

Well there's your problem. A measly 10x? Where's your ambition? Wink

Let's take a look at the last go round, from 2015-2017. Based on Bitstamp prices, we saw a low of $152 in 2015 and a high of $19,666 in 2017. From bottom to top, that's 129x.

I'm not saying everyone can buy the bottom and sell the top, but nobody in their right mind should be settling for 10x in a Bitcoin bubble. There's no way we're topping out at $30-40K on the next run, not if history is any indication!

thecodebear

Activity: 2114
Merit: 818

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:22:08 PM

Probably more like 2021 and probably more like $100k+

$50k wouldn't be that big of a bull run.
Anyone buying now is quite likely to be able to get at least 20x their investment in the next 3 or so years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: