Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 02:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? How did they approached you?  (Read 865 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

Luckily I was not scammed but I was approached several times in telegram . They are following your activities and they use
the name and the picture of the admin and offering different options for buying tokens with huge sale. We always have to
check who the real admins are not to fall into their trap.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 11:49:57 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2018, 01:29:51 AM by Question123

My money lost too because of the scammer when I invested to investment site. But in telegram I did not get any message to invest because I did not join to any group only needed in campaign if needed or mandatory because in reality scammer used telegram to scam people.
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:36:40 AM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.

Its happen to me too. Scammer trying to approach me and want me to transfer ethereum to their wallet. I am always ignoring them and not replying their message because i know, good group admin wont give a first pm. Beside on telegram, i am always receiving suspicious link on my email and trying give me a free token and coin, better never click on that link
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:46:10 AM

My money lost too because of the scammer when I invested to investment site. But in telegram I did not get any message to invest because I did not join to any group only needed in campaign if needed or mandatory because in reality scammer used telegram to scam people.
What type of investment you are invited to invest with?

Is this sort of HYIP that was told you to put your money and it will grow automatically?
Telegram is full of scammers nowadays tbh..
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:28:34 AM

such indications can already clearly visible. that kind of fraud should have been able to read because it showed the motion or suspicious actions. certainly, large projects do not have to do it one by one on every person there and with the way easy to know or identify that it is a scam.
cattano

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:52:53 AM

I had ever experienced getting scammed by a project, I think it's not they approach me, but it's rather I make the wrong mistakes when i choose a project to join into.
KingDome

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:56:33 AM

That's mean you are on the target list, where the target list is usually spammed by rid of messages in term of scamming you. Be careful and do not send any money first.
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:58:54 AM

I've never been, I'm not interested because it has happened a lot, and there are still many who are trapped, even though the group admin has often reminded "admin is not PM first", don't be too greedy because just want to get big profits to be tempted by the lure of scammers , follow the procedure that you have for investment.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:04:07 AM

I think it is unanimously agreed that scammer approach first, another style they ue in scamming is to determine what your desire are and gauge the level of that desire in order to bait you into releasing your fund! In this case, you are the one that approach them first!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:27:41 AM

These scammers can contact us through anything. I am often contacted via e-mail and telegram. They offer a very promising investment and they provide the project address. But after I examined the project, that person was not on the project team. And I think that person tried to cheat me.
castiloros

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

It could be that it is a new way for scammers to launch the action. need to be careful in the field of crypto because scammers are pretty much hanging around. the telegram became a much used way possible for scammers in action because this is certainly related to the many projects that require to join in the telegram. so it is mandatory to carefully be important.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 08:09:38 AM

I also meet such scammers every day in a telegram. I always start joking at them and write to them- "Hello, friend. Wait a bit and I will now send you my private key from the eth wallet")
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:14:47 AM

Way too many scammers in crypto, we can't get enough of them lol. Hackers, scammers and even bounty cheaters who try to steal our work to get paid. I have seen every type of low life crawl out of the woodwork and unfortunately the greed for money has brought way too much of the scum of the earth into this niche and that's why many law-abiding regular folks won't touch this with a barge pole until there are enough regulations and safeguards in place to protect people's money. I feel sad that most of the worst in human nature has come out in crypto and I realize that we are not very civilized as a creation. Someone somewhere has tampered with our DNA and turned us into ugly little critters with no sense of morality or empathy, shame really.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:16:22 AM

I have not been scammed but I almost got scammed early this year.
I opened my mail and saw a message asking that I confirm my etheruem wallet address for onward receipt of an airdrop that I never did applied for.
The money was huge, so I clicked on the link provided, it took me to my eth wallet page ,then it dawned on me that it could be scammers.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:28:00 AM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.
Like you, I also had recent experience about scam. Scammers approach my accounts using the links they sent me on my gmail account. I don't really know what those links use for and I click it , I signed in my accounts and it is the time I have been scammed. They change the password of some of my accounts. There are also times that my MEW is using by someone and he/she is requesting some transactions on it. From that day, I learned some lessons.  Smiley

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
elzjmirra

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:50:49 AM

I have never experienced fraud but if approached by fraudsters it often happens. Several times they sent my message via telegram and email. But I always ignore it, I don't believe in those who always offer me to invest. It's too risky if I respond to their message. Better to do research on the ICO project.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:22:16 PM

They are approaching me in the telegram mostly under the admin name and picture.
I know that admins never PM first, so I ignore them, sometimes playing their game just to see how sophisticated they are.
For example they are following you in the telegram group and when see that you are active they pm you.
I was almost trapped  by phishing sites as well.

Yes I have experienced it too, the weirdest thing is they ping in admins name and picture Grin

There people just create some shitty things and approach like a honest guys this will frustrate you more. There should be a full stop for such insane people's.

greg458

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:31:23 PM

Be careful of scammers !!! my friend was tricked 3 Ether from a chat on a telegram
always be alert!
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:46:29 PM

You're right, real group admin won't approach us first. In each real ICO telegram group, there's always a warning in the pinned post about that. I also got approached by the scammers several times, pretending as an admin group offering a special deal but i didn't believe it as they have no admin tag in their post.

caffu chino

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

I have never been fooled, but when seen from other people's experiences. usually they are not thorough. usually they get offers via email with a big bonus.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: