Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? How did they approached you?  (Read 865 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

Scammers are everywhere now trying to scam us, whether its on telegram, discord or social media they are out to get us. I get many messages on discord every week with people trying to scam and act as dev asking to send a certain of amount of BTC etc... Also masternode scams are everywhere now as well so we must all be careful which projects to buy into. Never click any links in emails and this is why I use several emails when signing up to things.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:10:19 PM

Of course, no one from the administration of the channel writes to you first and does not need to feed the scammers and transfer money to them

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:19:48 PM

Yes, we must be careful. Many spammers and fraudsters approach us. Usually, developers team always warn that they will not send you a PM before you do it. Ignore if there is a message inviting for investment, also avoid the links that are included.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

I have scammed through airdrop, when i joined the space newly, I join an airdrop and they required some little eth for the airdrop to go through, i didn't know how thing work, I was thinking i was suppose to pay the gas fee for receiving the airdrop, well i have learned a whole lot now
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:55:04 PM

There are many ways to do fraud, starting from sending via email, telegram and others.  it's a shameful job! Until when will the scam continue and create chaos in the world of cryptocurrency? It only makes a lot of people afraid to join and start to worry. Whereas the crypto community people tried to go through some difficult situations when the red market. I don't understand why people choose to cheat rather than looking for a better job.
H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:29:21 AM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.

Well, i think that is a common way for scammer to approach their victim.
That's why there are many telegram group admin announce that they never PM you first.
Usually the user who want to ask about something, PM the admin first, and then the admin will reply and continuing the conversation between user and admin.

labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 01:47:49 AM

I've been scammed before of about $600 already and I admit its my mistake for not reading thoroughly the project before engaging to it. It was Thor coin as I can remember where their project is somehow too good to be true, so professional also in terms of their site UI, team and dev which I think many did fall also. So I downloaded their wallet for windows; then a week after since after registering so many airdrop sites I forgot about thor anymore and didnt read about its updates and user reviews so thats why after importing my account in etherdelata when transacting I suddenly lost all my precious tokens or even eth funds already. Thats why afterwards I installed a malwarebytes then detected the thor project as the number one cause for the malware; the one responsible for stealing my funds.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:49:49 AM

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.
Yes i had ever been receiving a personal message through telegram, asking if i'm an investors, just be safe for myself, i always tried to keep my composure and stay calm to be able to be avoid being scammed by those kind of people.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

In Telegram many scammers are there, I tried to contact the admin of the exchanges in public chat because I'm having problem, but someone pm me that he is the admin and he wants to pay me to solve the issue, these scammers are trying to advantage to those who needs help. Ignore  them if someone pm you they try to scam.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:51:27 AM

Always remember that the admins of any legitimate project will not send you PM first, there are lots of scammers on Telegram so ignore if someone PM you first about investment. Keep safe  Smiley
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 04:19:17 AM

Mostly through telegrams following the ways you mentioned. Get some emails too, saying you have won $800,000 USD.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

Scammers are everywhere in the crypto space,we have them in social groups like Whatsapp,telegram and the rest,they have a way of approaching to present themselves as genuine. I was actually scammed why trying to buy eth, I decided not to use escrow on that faithful day and I ended up been scammed.There are dome scammers that put themselves together as escrows, that is why we need to be careful.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:00:33 AM

investors who already have the experience of those who will be approached by development, so there is no need to believe what they offer, first learn their track record in the project.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:05:37 AM

The levels of scams right now are so less compared to what they where when ico where at peka in 2017. Exactly during ico time people message in telegram asking you to send eth saying they have special offer

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 06:42:48 AM

When it was learned about the scam there is necessarily an indication of being more carefully is a top priority that needs to be done. Crypto is an easy place to get a result and also place even easy to deceive people. let alone a telegram that certainly many people are required to join of course is prone.

I've been calling someone claiming to be from the telegram and informed me that she gets the prize. of course, it is already visible that this is a scam frankly.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Jadesola

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:49:41 AM

I have been scammed once why trying to purchase a coin from a group,i decided to trade directly with someone,so I got scammed.We just need to be careful
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:53:32 AM

Spam, now so much extra information that is useless.  And people who are ready to get at least something  from you more, do not pay attention to all blacklisted.

duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:58:00 AM

Being cheated is normal, but I am not deceived because of social media. I chose gambling games because of greed, so gambling games made me lose a lot of money, but failure made me reflect, I will not participate in any gambling games in the future.

Suwycu

Activity: 350

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:59:25 AM

That's right.  That’s how they turn to people in order to commit their machinations, and therefore it is important to be vigilant!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
No One

Activity: 417

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:06:43 AM

Thank you for your alert. There are reports that investors and bounty hunters have been scammed by new fake icos. I have been deceived as a bounty hunter many times since i was introduced to cryptocurrency some two years ago. New fake icos collect money and run away. Strict regulations should be in place.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: