Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? How did they approached you?  (Read 865 times)
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:07:50 AM

I haven't been scammed, but that is prinicpaly because I only follow investment opportunities either myself or from a trusted colleague. PM in Telegram is a prime way for people to make contacts and also Private message I have seen on this forum as well. I simply say no to every one of these unknown opportunities as I like to make my own choices.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:09:51 AM

It is very common to receive such messages in telegram. Just ignore them and report spam whenever someone approaches you. It is better to be careful than being scammed. I receive tons of messages from such scammers, never once I replied them.
Moxivuki

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

I often receive some private emails from Bitcointalk. They reminded me that I can participate in some potential ICO projects. I originally believed and participated in it, but I lost an ETH.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

actually I cannot differentiate between it is scam project or failed project. I felt there was something strange when reading their whitepaper. it is not as like as other projects that the requirements to engage their project is bit difficult rather than that project I participated. the first I think I can participate because it is easy. but the result is nothing, I don't get anything and It was just wasting my time and my energy.

hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:45:10 PM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.
Yes, I have been scammed 2 months ago when someone made an interview with me to manage their help desk and solve the problems of their customers, and they asked me to download their management client, but I recognize the risk and my antivirus catch the malware.
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:50:57 PM

Recently I also received a lot of messages from scammers in the telegram. When I have a few questions in the telegram group, only a few seconds later, there are a lot of scammers impersonating the admin of the project pm me and want to scam me. It's annoying for them

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:59:09 PM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.
There a lot of unknown groups and people that will add you and pm you in telegram ang you can easily tell if he/she is a scammer because they will convince you to invest your money with them. But mostly people got scammed in bounty campaigns and ICO project, and that is one of the reason why many people started to hate ICO projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: