Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is the Next Gox and why Bitcoin will be at $300 soon  (Read 9483 times)
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:16:01 AM

Are we at $300 yet or was this another stupid-ass trolling thread? He did say $300 right?

I suggest reserving judgement until the downtrend is broken

Well does $300 "soon" ACTUALLY mean soon, or does it mean "eventually". The thread is a month old today. In terms of actually predicting anything, its done shit-all. I could spout out "BTC will be XXX price soooooon". And someone would ask "when"?  "Oh, just wait and see".....

I'd say your sentiment falls on deaf ears. If BTC hits $300, there will be a lot of butthurt bulls around here. Prevailing sentiment says/said that $300 would never, ever happen again, so "soon" is pretty irrelevant

If its irrelevant, then why say it other than to troll or be redundant?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:36:53 AM

Are we at $300 yet or was this another stupid-ass trolling thread? He did say $300 right?

Well does $300 "soon" ACTUALLY mean soon, or does it mean "eventually". The thread is a month old today. In terms of actually predicting anything, its done shit-all. I could spout out "BTC will be XXX price soooooon". And someone would ask "when"?  "Oh, just wait and see".....

I'd say your sentiment falls on deaf ears. If BTC hits $300, there will be a lot of butthurt bulls around here. Prevailing sentiment says/said that $300 would never, ever happen again, so "soon" is pretty irrelevant

If its irrelevant, then why say it other than to troll or be redundant?

Is that a joke?

You were the one that brought it up. I was just making the point
favelle75

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:29:05 AM

Is that a joke indeed. All I know, is if I made a thread saying $300 coming "soon" and a MONTH goes bye, then yeah, I'd expect to be called out on it.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:25:49 PM

Disclaimer: I live in Slovenia and I use the same Bank, I also live 10 min away from Bitstamp offices.
Dober dan mmitech! Živil sem v Ljubljani za štiri leta.

Dober dan, kje pa živiš zdaj ? ali si Slovenc ?

Edit: Je vois dans votre profil que vous êtes français, ainsi que votre nom est français, avez-vous travaillé ici?
Je suis français mais j'ai vécu quatre en Slovénie Smiley Lepo se imej!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
favelle75

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

So now its another month later and $300 was no where in sight. Is it "soon" yet?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:29:05 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:13:53 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
p0peji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:32:47 PM

I agree with one point in the OP's posting.
I also thought about a delay tactic, when I heard about all the stupid KYC/AML Questions.

That is why I moved to Kraken.com, where I trade over 250.000 US$ per month at the moment.

On Kraken.com the procedure was:
- Send in my passport, my company documents (trade register excerpt), and the annual tax return (it was, I guess).
that was just about it.

On Bitstamp:
- As soon as you want to withdraw, your funds get frozen and you are presented with a huge list of personal questions,
  where you have to explain the sources of your wealth, you have to proove the origin of your coins, you have to hand in invoices of purchased bitcoin mining environment, and so on  Roll Eyes If you have bought your miner on eBay (without an invoice) -> bad for you.

So they might be trying to prevent money leaving the bitcoin economy?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:36:17 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:13:47 PM by Evil-Knievel

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:41:16 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:13:40 PM by Evil-Knievel

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:58:44 PM

@p0peji: No idea what they try! I was also baffled, because at the moment I read those questions it was clear to me, that it was the last time I used Bitstamp.

I will under no circumstances tell anyone what I do for a living and present anyone the invoices of stuff I buy for myself. Why should I?
Also, I will not trace any milliBTC back to it's origin. It's nobody's business what I get my coins for. I have nothing to hide, as I am increasing my wallet by Daytrading and mining LTC which I exchange into BTC, but when I read those questions I feel like they think I am a criminal.

I am not defending nor blasting them.  I think they just want to comply so it SHTF they at least cover their backs. 
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

@p0peji: No idea what they try! I was also baffled, because at the moment I read those questions it was clear to me, that it was the last time I used Bitstamp.

I will under no circumstances tell anyone what I do for a living and present anyone the invoices of stuff I buy for myself. Why should I?
Also, I will not trace any milliBTC back to it's origin. It's nobody's business what I get my coins for. I have nothing to hide, as I am increasing my wallet by Daytrading and mining LTC which I exchange into BTC, but when I read those questions I feel like they think I am a criminal.

1)I wont tell you anything at all ever
2) I have nothing to hide

You know that these 2 statements totally contradict each other ...lolz

3) Why should i

Its called anti money laundering laws and they are enforced to varying levels by all companys

I dont think stamp wants to be bitinstant charlie Shrem money launderer & goto jail for 25 years or get there business closed down by homeland security by proxy via pressuer on there banking partners

Its due dilligence and it really shows that they are not going to be running away with your funds

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:31:37 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:13:33 PM by Evil-Knievel

r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:13:50 PM

I stopped trading at Bitstamp several months ago. Anyone wanting to send them their diaries, personal letters, pictures of the familly and of the dog, be my guest. But unless they get hacked, I don't think that they will be another Gox.
Actually, I was expecting Huobi to be our next Gox, not Bitstamp. But it seems Huobi is dying in our hands peacefully: its volume is dropping massively. Of course, as chinese sellers end up without buyers with new fiat, the price can start moving down fast, but, right now, All Quiet on the eastern Front.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:22:15 PM

I stopped trading at Bitstamp several months ago. Anyone wanting to send them their diaries, personal letters, pictures of the familly and of the dog, be my guest. But unless they get hacked, I don't think that they will be another Gox.
Actually, I was expecting Huobi to be our next Gox, not Bitstamp. But it seems Huobi is dying in our hands peacefully: its volume is dropping massively. Of course, as chinese sellers end up without buyers with new fiat, the price can start moving down fast, but, right now, All Quiet on the eastern Front.

I think it's more aligned with a prime example of how margin trading and 0% fees grossly inflate the exchange's volume.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:25:39 PM

Two months old.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:37:30 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 11:15:20 PM by r34tr783tr78

Yes, the end of leverage is one reason. Okcoin announced that leverage would cease on the 10th May (http://www.coindesk.com/pboc-pressure-influences-latest-okcoin-service-upgrade/). Since the prohibition of leverage was agreed between the 5  major chinese exchanges, probably, Huobi picked the same date.
I wonder if they also started already collecting the flat rate fee.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:33:19 PM

I was very happy to get my (limited) BTC out of Bitstamp before they added all the verification steps.  While I disagree with the price forecast the point about bitstamp is very interesting.  I didn't think AML regulations effected just crypto transactions.  Yet, two months in, bitstamp is still here.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:39:13 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:13:26 PM by Evil-Knievel

kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:49:42 PM

Bitstamp is working like a charm for me, never had any problems with them. They are the fastest exchangers on market and very very trustable. I never tried any other exchangers, but i have in mind testing Vault of Satoshi services.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:15:56 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 09:36:57 PM by knightcoin

If I was an exchange ... I would be very careful within volatile stuff ... for me sounds like the exchange market is more fragmented now than that it was on gox golden times. Exchanges can also cannibalize each other just like any other network (pools for instance ) ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: