Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ULL][CPU - Solo mining only] Unprll  (Read 23877 times)
pogadaev
Copper Member

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:29:13 AM

Explorer when will work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:33:53 AM

Guys my antivirus blocks your project and if you want it to be used you need to fix it. That's what kaspersky writes me-not-a-virus:HEUR:RiskTool.Win32.CryptoMiner.gen im don't think this is the best start for you.

As far as I know, Kaspersky always blocking CPU miner. That might be the reason why it blocked this project's wallet, and the only way to run it on your computer is by turning it off. Of course, I might be wrong here, but I could say that because it happened many times before.

Yeah, indeed. If you wanted to mine some blocks, then you can uninstall Kaspersky or you can disable the security of the Kaspersky program.
ctobias (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:25:54 AM

Explorer when will work?
The explorer works, but it's running over HTTP. I'll update the website temporarily
Ashesh

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:32:52 PM

Guys my antivirus blocks your project and if you want it to be used you need to fix it. That's what kaspersky writes me-not-a-virus:HEUR:RiskTool.Win32.CryptoMiner.gen im don't think this is the best start for you.

As far as I know, Kaspersky always blocking CPU miner. That might be the reason why it blocked this project's wallet, and the only way to run it on your computer is by turning it off. Of course, I might be wrong here, but I could say that because it happened many times before.

Yeah, indeed. If you wanted to mine some blocks, then you can uninstall Kaspersky or you can disable the security of the Kaspersky program.

Or we can just add unprll.exe to Antivirus' Exclusion list?
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 06:48:00 PM

This is a NERVA fork right?

https://github.com/angrywasp/nerva

nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:32:43 PM

fork of monero not nerva..

interesting WP.. recommended to read..
DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:02:25 PM

Even if it was forked from Nerva project, it still can be considered as Monero fork either. Because Nerva was created based on Monero code source, technically speaking it came from the same root. As long as they do not do any sale, it does not matter what algos or forks they used to create this project.
Whose whitepaper is that? are you talking about Nerva's whitepaper? or Unprll?
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:12:08 PM

Even if it was forked from Nerva project, it still can be considered as Monero fork either. Because Nerva was created based on Monero code source, technically speaking it came from the same root. As long as they do not do any sale, it does not matter what algos or forks they used to create this project.

Yes, where is the Unpril's whitepaper link? Nothing yet from the website, only the block explorer and github link. I'm wondering if this will be worth mining because it's hard to go thru in an exchange even a small one. After mining, then what is in store here?
Ashesh

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:42:06 PM

Yes, where is the Unpril's whitepaper link? Nothing yet from the website, only the block explorer and github link.

The whitepaper links are at the bottom of the website under Downloads Section -: https://unprll.cash/unprll.pdf
ctobias (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:27:40 AM

This is not a NERVA fork. The codebase is Monero v0.13 and the proof-of-work algorithm is custom made and different to that of XNV
kaigeta

Activity: 147
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

This is my type of coin. Apart from those with server farms, this is one of the fairest ways to mine/distribute right now.
luispitchler

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:10:53 PM

is it better if you do solo mining? forgive my ignorance.  Wink
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:17:50 PM

If it's not a secret, what exactly in white paper attracted you the most? From what I see at the moment is just another fork that goes back to the development of Monero and nothing more. Maybe they will succeed in something, but I still do not see a big chance for that. I will observe, but for now refuse to buy.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
dfisherman

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:31:26 PM

You can only solo mine at the moment
DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:01:23 PM

You can only solo mine at the moment

And I think it will last forever because the title says CPU - Solo mining only, which means only CPU miners can mine it and there will be no pool involved.

This is not a NERVA fork. The codebase is Monero v0.13 and the proof-of-work algorithm is custom made and different to that of XNV

Any update? or something that you want to do or achieve before the end of the year?
And are you a one-man developer or you have a team?
ctobias (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:25:19 PM

Any update? or something that you want to do or achieve before the end of the year?
And are you a one-man developer or you have a team?
[/quote]

I intend to incentivize PoW verification as that can be done in parallel and offers another avenue for miners to earn coins. Also I plan to incentivize running full nodes using transaction fees. Not sure if it'll be ready before the end of the year.

As of now I'm a one-man developer with community support for moderation and other tasks
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

If it's not a secret, what exactly in white paper attracted you the most? From what I see at the moment is just another fork that goes back to the development of Monero and nothing more. Maybe they will succeed in something, but I still do not see a big chance for that. I will observe, but for now refuse to buy.

What attracts me on ULL is that here is somebody who is trying do something with problems cryptocurrencies are facing.. maybe come with solutions, maybe fail, but doing it the right way, using stable and proven codebase (respecting all licenses) and bringing his own approach to things. Applying custom algorithm and new code to follow the basic idea of "One CPU one voice.." Making everything possible to ensure fair distribution of coin. And not forking code, pre-mining 1000% and then dumping it on first shitty exchange that get the fork listed and then disappear like fart in the wind.. Ah sorry you asked about paper, yes, it is formally flawless and contains all necessary information to decscribe the ideas behind ULL.. I most like the way method and verification was explained.. there was clearly some thinking done before writing it.. and some coding too..

have a good one!

ivanovmoscow

Activity: 798
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:53:12 PM

Thanks for the answer. Most likely it is. Although previously there were no problems with this antivirus. Probably I will not risk my computer for the project. I'll wait probably aside.
ctobias (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:11:33 AM

Thanks for the answer. Most likely it is. Although previously there were no problems with this antivirus. Probably I will not risk my computer for the project. I'll wait probably aside.

You can always run it in a lightweight Linux virtual machine. Compiling the code is relatively trivial Smiley
Levyathan

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:31:49 AM

Since your coin is exclusively for the cpu miners and for the solo miner, will it be available in the future to mine it with my GPU?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: