Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:18:02 PM

That is not true, it is true that many ico have failed and some of them are scam but not 99% are scam, you need to do some research before jumping into a conclusion like this, personally i have seen many good ico with sensible use case and development is still ongoing.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
ICO projects often have no potential or are created to seek profit from the often unsuccessful investor. Most ICO projects have failed after the first trading session because investors sold their Tokens because they saw the project as unprofitable or they realized that they did not need too much profit.

hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
I agree with you that many ICOs are similar with their purpose and technology, but 99% of ICOs are scams is exaggerated, you can refer to coinschedule.com.
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

It's true for me in 99% of all ico is scam lot of them are legit ofcourse the project will also failed if they don't meet the minimum fund for their project as you can see and explore the whitepaper of every project you will know it.

komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:49:18 PM

It's true for me in 99% of all ico is scam lot of them are legit ofcourse the project will also failed if they don't meet the minimum fund for their project as you can see and explore the whitepaper of every project you will know it.
Today, almost every user of cryptocurrency is experiencing hard times. Based on this, one cannot expect that already in 2019 we will see good results. There should be a market correction and discard all empty and fraudulent projects.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

I am not sure with the percentage given because that is too high. But, mostly Ico’s are failed or scam just to get money from the investors. So this is why we should be careful in choosing a good project to get rid of scam.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

Unfortunately at the moment almost no ICO is able to achieve its soft cap. People are blindly investing in everything to get at least some profit, but they are only losing their time and money. They need to realise that without a good research there would not be a successful investment.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 04:23:23 PM

I may not be sure about the actual figures in percentage but it is a known fact that most ICO's fall into this category, the failure and scam rate was so huge and coupled with the fact that the market was very unfavorable for most listings. Bringing in some form of regulation to the ICO market will help put some check

hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:24:18 PM

I don't think that because still there many good ICO's are available in the crypto market which is a great example of innovation. And they have become hugely successful. We just need to select the ICO carefully before joining them.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:14:01 PM

I think the figure is too high and extreme, we have good projects in the space and good people behind them, because the market crashed and bring the whole space down doesn't means everything ICO is a scam. I will say 90% because it is a natural distribution, some project will die not because they are scam but because of lack of fund, and this seems to be affecting alot of projects now with back treasury management

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:25:17 PM

I would say it's more than 99%, at least of the ICOs from 2017 and 2018. In 2015 and 2016 there were still many good ICOs. Almost all ICOs have no finished or marketable product. Those who already have one often share the market with other ICOs and dig the water out of each other.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:02:13 PM

I think that the problem of many projects is that they entered the market at an inopportune moment. Even high-quality projects have fallen dramatically in price.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

Majority but not 99%.  Many ICO did not meet the minimum requirement to make their start-up successful but they still push it, in return the project failed or stopped at the middle of progress.  This is the reason why I believe ICO must be regulated, to filter it from half-baked plan, fraud and scam project. 
Smon

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:54:26 PM

I think that the problem of many projects is that they entered the market at an inopportune moment. Even high-quality projects have fallen dramatically in price.

Maybe as you said but I believe that the ICO is fraudulent and fake, and maybe more than 70% as far as I know. But this is not the main issue, because somewhere in ICO there are many delicious projects and terrible profits because we are not looking for Grin

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:02:12 PM

We couldn't say that 99% of it is failed or scam ,
Maybe most of them are scam but we couldn't say that most of them have failed maybe most of them got delayed because of the market crash they are a bit short of funds.
But as long as the dev,team and community is alive and active we couldn't say that the project is dead or it is already considered as a failed project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:09:49 PM

I think 50% of ICO is a scam, while the other 50% is a failed ICO and a successful ICO. I think 99% of scams are not true, too much

RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:22:58 PM

It seems to me that the figure is slightly exaggerated, but nevertheless the meaning is correct ... A very large number of ICOs did not do what they were going to, or maybe they did not even want to!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

It seems to me that the figure is slightly exaggerated, but nevertheless the meaning is correct ... A very large number of ICOs did not do what they were going to, or maybe they did not even want to!
The problem is that many projects did not fix ethereum in a fiat at the stage of ICO in January - February. and now they can’t grow because they don’t have enough money

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

If you take all the projects, you're probably right, but in my opinion 50% of the scam projects can be determined by spending 5-10 minutes on their website, and if you are going to invest you can spend time and contact someone from the project team. Most scam projects are very easy to identify.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

obviously, not 99% are the scam. If that would have been the case then you will find no one interested to invest in an ICO. If there is money then you will find a scammer nearby. There are lots of ICO which are fake or failed. But there are good ICOs too.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: